Star Wars Battlefront Beta Begins October 8th

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Star Wars Battlefront Beta Begins October 8th

Get ready to be taken to a galaxy far, far away.

EA has announced [http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/the-star-wars-battlefront-beta-is-coming-october-8th] the Star Wars Battlefront beta will run from October 8-12 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

The beta is open, making it available to all players, and will be comprised of three different modes. Walker Assault on Hoth is a 40-player game mode, Drop Zone on Sullust is an 8v8, and Survival Mission on Tatooine is a defense mode that can be played either in solo or co-op - WITH splitscreen support (yay!) The early version will have a level cap of five, and progress during the beta will not carry over into the full game.

"In addition to the Star Wars Battlefront Beta on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and on Origin for PC, you will also get a chance to try out the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience," the announcement reads. "Available during the Beta only at www.StarWarsBattlefront.com [http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront], the Star Wars Battlefront Companion experience features the strategic card game Base Command, and lets you earn in-game Credits that unlock Star Cards, weapons, and more in Star Wars Battlefront. In addition to Base Command, the Companion also lets players check out game stats and progression, customize load-outs and appearance, connect with friends, and more."

Star Wars Battlefront will launch on November 17.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Huh, so another Battlefield Beta. What do you bet that they won't fix any of the lag, balance issues or graphical bugs that people find in it? Because that's what DICE like to do with their previous Betas.

Sep 14, 2009
thank you for this, what a coincidence that I was just looking for the date for this maybe 5 hours ago.

I'm still staunchly in the "I have no idea why they are running the battlefront name into the ground when they are changing so many things about it, and all of them sound negative" camp, so I'll be looking forward to trying out the beta to get my hands on it.

Tatsuki

Nov 9, 2014
Split screen couch co-op.
I don't care how messed up the AI of the bots is, I have a reason to get this game now! Maybe even before the price drop if the beta isn't severely borked.

Memories... memories tinted by rose coloured glasses.
It's just not going to be the same is it.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Tatsuki said:
I don't care how messed up the AI of the bots is, I have a reason to get this game now! Maybe even before the price drop if the beta isn't severely borked.

Nope, for all we know it could be better!

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
arc1991 said:
Tatsuki said:

I'm holding out hope, but I'm still one of the people who are super bummed about no droids vs clones.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
shintakie10 said:
arc1991 said:
Tatsuki said:

I'm holding out hope, but I'm still one of the people who are super bummed about no droids vs clones.
But then at the same time i completely see why they didn't include it, it was said here a while ago Disney does not like/agree with the prequels, there was even a rumor saying Disney would retcon them. Also the new film doesn't have them and Disney needs someway to advertise the new stuff the film has.

Maybe we will see it as DLC down the line, Or they might save it for Battlefront 2.5, who knows.

As long as this game is fun, it will do for me :)

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Gonna use the beta as a chance to demo the game. I've been in the "They Changed It Now It Sucks" camp ever since I started hearing about what they're leaving out and this will be a good opportunity to see if it'll actually be worth getting. Still, though. Installing Origin, huh? That's gonna be a tough one...

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Star Wars Battlefront Beta? It's finally coming to PC? It's been on consoles for over a decade, it's about time they ported it to the PC like they did with its sequel.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
arc1991 said:
Tatsuki said:

You're a glass half full kind of guy aren't you.

OT: Well, at least this will let us know for sure if this is actually going to be a good game or not.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Well I'll be looking forward to testing this out. For better or for worse so at least then I'll know whether or not how it'll be.

MiskWisk said:
arc1991 said:
Tatsuki said:

OT: Well, at least this will let us know for sure if this is actually going to be a good game or not.
Well look at it this way, Disney is breathing down their necks to make sure they don't mess this up.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
MiskWisk said:
arc1991 said:
Tatsuki said:

I always like to think positive, which is good considering all i see on here is people bitching about what is/isn't in a game.

Only games i can say i've been wrong about was AC Unity and Deadpool. All other games i have been excited for have not disappointed me.

Also...

The Enquirer said:
Well look at it this way, Disney is breathing down their necks to make sure they don't mess this up.
Pretty much that.