Star Wars Battlefront II Will be Revealed on April 15

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Star Wars Battlefront II Will be Revealed on April 15

We'll get our first look at Star Wars Battlefront II during a special EA games event on April 15.

that one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/star%20wars%20battlefront?os=%20star%20wars%20battlefront]). Aside from a 2017 release date, we haven't heard too much about it, but now EA Games has Tweeted that a special reveal of the game will take place next week, on April 15.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/EA/status/850740050577031168]

"Your first look at StarWars Battlefront II is coming April 15 at 2:30PM ET/11:30AM PT," teased the announcement. We're not sure exactly what this reveal will entail - we're hoping it will reveal gameplay and not just be a cinematic trailer.

Star Wars: Battlefront II is due out in 2017 for PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/EA/status/850740050577031168]

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
In order for me to pay any attention to this thing at all it's going to have to introduce everything that was in the original Battlefront II. And then some. EA done fucked up bad with the last one and I'm not inclined to trust they'll make a good one this time around.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
As shitty as the first EABF was...I'll expect a LOT from the new EABF to care.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I'm not normally quick to anger, but seeing that title pisses me off. EA was the publisher that killed Pandemic back in the day, then they turn around and pretend the Pandemic Battlefronts never existed by peddling inferior products of the same name.

I'll stick with the REAL Battlefront II, thank you very much. Thanks to the modding community, I'm able to experience an approximation of what the series should have become.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Yeah...no.

Can't even sell me on the art direction and graphical fidelity this time around either.

Find a fire then die in it, EA.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Neverhoodian said:
Pretty much this. I was never really the Battlefront series, but considering EA and DICE gutted it for their "reboot" *sarcastic air quotes* I'm not touching this now.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Jeez guys the salt in this thread is just sad, I have seen enough of the gameplay to conclude its not that disasterous of a game.

And I played the older games I mean what gives?

Just more EA bashing from the gaming community :p

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I played enough Battlefront not-3 to know that it's not a game for me. I don't expect too much from Battlefront not-4 but maybe except maybe space battles because of how much backlash there was from the last game. It's not going to be on Switch though so I really don't care one way or another. Thanks Lucas, for giving sole VG rights to Star Wars to EA.

Feb 7, 2016
Samtemdo8 said:
Jeez guys the salt in this thread is just sad, I have seen enough of the gameplay to conclude its not that disasterous of a game.

It's not like EA has the best record, I think the salt is justified for the most part.

This is the same company that bastardized the latest Need for Speed game into one big Monster energy drink ad, gave Sims fans less features, likely shoved out the latest Mass Effect before it was polished, killed Dead Space in an attempt to homogenize it, and either just barely made the mark for the Battlefield series (Battlefield 4) or gave them a game no one really asked for (Hardline).

And the last Battlefront game was underwhelming to say the least once the eye candy wow factor wore off.

And they can probably keep affording to get away with most of it as long as they keep shitting out yearly sports games that people keep buying to quite literally play the exact same game over and over again just with an updated roster.

I think the best things I can think of that they did recently was Titanfall 2 and MAYBE Mass Effect if you can get over the bugs and god awful character models. And maybe Dragon Age Inquisition was good? Don't know, never cared for that series.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Battlefront 2 came out I think a decade ago, this isn't news. If you mean Battlefront 4 then yeah I might be interested.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
I'm hoping that dice will indeed address the issues of Battlefront 3 and make Battlefront 4 better, but A: Sorry EA, I got a Battlefront 2 in my library already and its great, and B: Doesn't matter how good your early showing is, I'm not preordering.

If they happen to make a good game, I'll buy it, and if its not, then I won't.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:

Rose tinted goggles
They have fond memories of playing Battleshit II and can't stand that a different game with the same name can possibly exist without being they exact same game in every single way

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Death Carr said:
Rose tinted goggles
They have fond memories of playing Battleshit II and can't stand that a different game with the same name can possibly exist without being they exact same game in every single way
Yes, that must be the reason.

It can't possibly be because some people really liked Pandemic, the original developers who were closed down by EA.
It can't possibly be because some people just generally don't like EA's business practices.
And it can't possibly be because some people played the first DICE Battlefront game and didn't enjoy it, therefore having low expectations for the sequel.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
I think it's that they were "tricked" in to spending hundreds of dollars on the first game, only to realize it was crap. And how they are likely to do it again, because it's Star Wars.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Even if SWBF2 turns out to be a lot better, what's the chance it isn't going to have ridiculous micro-transactions and season passes?

Fuck EA indeed.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Death Carr said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Rose tinted goggles
I would not completely write it off but old Batt,lefront 2 was not anything special, it literally was Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. And I as not fond of the controls.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Seen but not played?

EA Battlefront is an incredibly basic game, far below what's in Battlefront 2 (or any of the Battlefield games, even Hardline). It did grow somewhat with the expansions, but that in fact compounded the problem since they split players up based on the season pass and the expansions are pretty much unplayable because of it.

What was there was okay and functional, but you could play Battlefront to death in a couple of hours and it wasn't engaging or chaotic the same way the proper Battlefield games tend to be.