Star Wars Battlefront II Will be Revealed on April 15

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
First one was low on content and it relied on DLC far too much. Not to mention that it was just Battlefield lite reskined. Battlefront needs to be a lot more than that. Just another FPS game with Star Wars skin isn't enough. There's too much potential in Star Wars Battlefront. If games from early 2000s could tap into some of that potential, there's no reason why a game in this day and age can't do AT LEAST the same.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
Samtemdo8 said:
Jeez guys the salt in this thread is just sad, I have seen enough of the gameplay to conclude its not that disasterous of a game.

And I played the older games I mean what gives?

Just more EA bashing from the gaming community :p
*I bet your inbox is gettin pretty full from all these responses lol*

Honestly speaking, it wasn't the gameplay that was the thing that pissed me off about the most Battlefront, it was the lack of basically stuff to do. The describing problem with Battlefront is basically like describing the difference between a MacDonald ball-pit and Disney land.

- 4 levels? that's rather lack luster.
- The characters you could "earn" were so bland, and mostly indistinct middle aged faces.
- the leveling up took forever, and felt pretty prohibitive to casual play. You're just going to get destroyed until you hit a certain tier of weapons.

I mean those were my main gripes but essentially that was the problem. It was a pretty game that played well, and had a lot of great points. I even enjoyed the dog fighting stuff. The things that were there, made for a fun experience, but ultimately by the time the DLC had fleshed out the game to the point where it felt worth it (for quite a premium price I would also point out), I was already bored of the game and have moved on. The game could have used a campaign if just a small one, or a lot of the DLC content served up front.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Kameburger said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Jeez guys the salt in this thread is just sad, I have seen enough of the gameplay to conclude its not that disasterous of a game.

*I bet your inbox is gettin pretty full from all these responses lol*

Honestly speaking, it wasn't the gameplay that was the thing that pissed me off about the most Battlefront, it was the lack of basically stuff to do. The describing problem with Battlefront is basically like describing the difference between a MacDonald ball-pit and Disney land.

- 4 levels? that's rather lack luster.
- The characters you could "earn" were so bland, and mostly indistinct middle aged faces.
- the leveling up took forever, and felt pretty prohibitive to casual play. You're just going to get destroyed until you hit a certain tier of weapons.

I mean those were my main gripes but essentially that was the problem. It was a pretty game that played well, and had a lot of great points. I even enjoyed the dog fighting stuff. The things that were there, made for a fun experience, but ultimately by the time the DLC had fleshed out the game to the point where it felt worth it (for quite a premium price I would also point out), I was already bored of the game and have moved on. The game could have used a campaign if just a small one, or a lot of the DLC content served up front.
Funny thing is I own Battlefront 2 original on my PC from GOG and I played it alot but overtime I just got bored of it because it was the same old same old multiplayer shooter, the reason why I am a bit more favorable towards EA Battlefront because it looks more polished when it comes to gunplay, movement, and vehicle controls.

I mean I tried using mouse and keyboard for flying an X-Wing and it controlled like ass.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I would plead with you all to ignore the game entirely or at the very least hold off on the pre-orders and get it at least a week after it comes out.

But that really is too much to ask of you now, isn't it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Hopefully everything revealed about this one won't be an "nega-announcement." You know, like how every time more news about the first one came out it was announcing something that WASN'T going to be in the game.

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
Quick! Everyone run to your keyboards, nay, FLEE!

Hurry, and tell strangers on the internet that you don't like E.A., and let those strangers KNOW, you won't be buying this new title!

#feelingoodaboutyourself

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
And how much will they try to gouge people for for this one? Can they reach $200?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
mythgraven said:
Quick! Everyone run to your keyboards, nay, FLEE!

Hurry, and tell strangers on the internet that you don't like E.A., and let those strangers KNOW, you won't be buying this new title!

#feelingoodaboutyourself
What else is the internet good for? Apart from meta-level ironic posturing pointing at the people sharing their opinions to strangers on a platform designed for sharing opinions to strangers. 'I think having opinions on things is stupid, therefore I'll share my opinion on how having opinions is stupid.'

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
Adam Jensen said:
First one was low on content and it relied on DLC far too much. Not to mention that it was just Battlefield lite reskined. Battlefront needs to be a lot more than that. Just another FPS game with Star Wars skin isn't enough. There's too much potential in Star Wars Battlefront. If games from early 2000s could tap into some of that potential, there's no reason why a game in this day and age can't do AT LEAST the same.
I ask the same question with YOUR game, Adam. Yours goes on about the line between Naturals, and Augs, but does not give a clear argument for either. I liked it at first...then I saw the earlier games. Why is everything so...yellow? Why are there so many plotholes?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
RiseOfTheWhiteWolf said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Problem is more it was just an elaborate mod for Battlefield, plus the game had so little content you'd expect a really strong, detailed and long campaign along side the multiplayer mode for the price.
Battlefront 2 Original was just a mod for Battlefield 1942 and 2.