Star Wars: Battlefront Will Ignore the Prequels, Free Ep. VII DLC Planned

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
No Prequel stuff? No space battles? Well, I thought this was supposed to be a sequel, and in sequels one is supposed to make a game that is BETTER than the one that came before it, not worse.

Soviet Heavy said:
No Clone Wars, no Space Battles? How long before the DLC train starts a'rolling?
I'll bet money that they'll add both as DLC and that the sole reason they aren't putting them in the game to begin with is so they can cheat their customers by making them pay for something that should have and they were more than capable of putting in the base game in the first place.

Regardless, I'm going to miss the Sep droids. I may be in a minority here but I just love those little B1s like crazy, they may be the most incompetent battle droids in the history of Star Wars but they're also hilarious, weirdly cute, and awesome at the same time.

SmittyMcBrimstone

Jun 22, 2013
I can feel my blood pressure rising as I type this. No Clone Wars? Nothing? No interesting story about the soliloquy of a clone who must choose between two sides of a war that he doesn't care about? Nothing on Theed Palace in Naboo? Warring alongside the behemoth Wookies on Kashyyk? No more assaults on the treacherous Geonosian spire? And no heartpounding dogfighting followed by the infiltration and sabotage of an enemy ship IN SPACE? To say the least, I'm a bit miffed. I hope they pour everything into the rebels and empire, more variance in tactics, more classes, and a fleshed out campaign and galactic conquest to boot. I'm willing to bet a copy of Republic Commandos that they cock it up.
Any takers?

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Thinkin about it, if we're only focusin on the original 3 movies then what fights are there?

In the interview they did with IGN they specifically stated they wanted to focus on "The core of Star Wars battles ? the Endors, the Hoths, et cetera." However outside of Hoth and Endor...what other fights do we have in the original 3 movies?

I guess they're just goin to go with random places in the original trilogy to fight in without any actual context. So that gives you Death Star, Tatooine and...uhhh...that's it?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Grouchy Imp said:
Norix596 said:
How do you get snuck up on by an AT-AT?
More to the point what genius deploys AT-ATs into close jungle terrain? Surely that's akin to asking modern destroyers to traverse whitewater rapids. :/
To be fair we do see an AT-AT in episode 6 walking up to a landing platform...

At least they are sticking to the source material xD

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
shintakie10 said:
Thinkin about it, if we're only focusin on the original 3 movies then what fights are there?

In the interview they did with IGN they specifically stated they wanted to focus on "The core of Star Wars battles ? the Endors, the Hoths, et cetera." However outside of Hoth and Endor...what other fights do we have in the original 3 movies?

I guess they're just goin to go with random places in the original trilogy to fight in without any actual context. So that gives you Death Star, Tatooine and...uhhh...that's it?
Both previous battlefront games made up a few battles so this will be no different. Also we are getting Sullust as a planet as well, alon with the ep 7 planet Jakku. Death Star will undoubtedly be a place to battle and maybe the surface of Yavin 4.

There will be plenty of battlefields im sure.

Mar 30, 2010
arc1991 said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Norix596 said:
How do you get snuck up on by an AT-AT?
More to the point what genius deploys AT-ATs into close jungle terrain? Surely that's akin to asking modern destroyers to traverse whitewater rapids. :/
To be fair we do see an AT-AT in episode 6 walking up to a landing platform...

At least they are sticking to the source material xD
Yeah, but that AT-AT pilot was requesting an evac 'cause some numb bastard had deployed him into a close quarters combat arena. I hope. Otherwise point.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
I bet there'll be a death star assault / trench run map & mode. Other than that I hope there's enough maps to support the game. I know the ones they have look pretty big and detailed, but with no singleplayer launching with even 10 maps and a handful of modes is iffy (depending on how much free DLC there is).

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
So... If DICE was really worth their salt, they'd put in fully destructible environments. And when I say fully destructible, I'm talking Red Faction: Guerilla destructible.
I had forgotten about that game. There was something deeply satisfying about taking down that one giant bridge with the hammer alone.

OT: While it looks neat, I didn't see any actual gameplay. I reserve judgment until then. Still, free DLC from EA is nice. Almost unheard of.

NickBrahz

Mar 30, 2011
For those arguing about the AT-AT, it is All-Terrain, you know it is literally in its name.
Thought yes it sneaking up on them is a bit stupid that thing would be loud as hell and cause mini earthquakes or something when it walked.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Ugh, not going to lie, this has taken the edge off my hype for this game. The prequel settings included some of the best maps, and I loved fighting or playing as the droid armies. Hopefully there will be enough new content to make up for the losses, as there's only so much original trilogy content to use, most of which we've already seen a thousand times before.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
JoJo said:
Ugh, not going to lie, this has taken the edge off my hype for this game. The prequel settings included some of the best maps, and I loved fighting or playing as the droid armies. Hopefully there will be enough new content to make up for the losses, as there's only so much original trilogy content to use, most of which we've already seen a thousand times before.
I recommend just picking up Star Wars: Empire At War and its expansion, Forces Of Corruption, then modding in loads and loads of prequel and original ships, plus ships from the comics with the Absolute Corruption mod. You won't need another Star Wars game with that thing and it'll be a lot cheaper.

Shiftygiant

Apr 12, 2011
Aw, I actually liked the Prequel missions, they were the only good thing to come out those movies. But hey, looking forward and shit.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Full Metal Bolshevik said:
Trailers without gameplay should be illegal.

Stupid industry makes me rage, even more if i see 'in game engine', I don't fucking care, I want to play a game a trailler shows nothing of it.
At the end we see snippets of Gameplay, from the inside of a cockpit and what looks like the battle of Hoth.

It's there, just not much.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Laggyteabag said:
Damn, I always did like the clone trooper armour, but I guess that is the price to pay to not have to deal with the goddamn Battle Droids. Besides, I guess having two super fleshed out factions is better than having 4 mediocre ones.

Also: Free DLC? From EA? What is this?
Back in ye olden times of 2010 when Battlefield Bad Company 2 came out if you bought the game new you could get all the downloadable map packs for free. All of them. The only paid expansion was Bad Company 2 Vietnam. If you bought the game used I think it was five or ten bucks for all the map packs.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefronts-max-player-count-tops-out-at-40/

Battlefront will feature a number of gameplay modes built around different numbers of players, but DICE will only talk about one of them. In the demo I saw, DICE showed off ?Walker Assault,? which Mcleod says is one of Battlefront?s biggest modes, supporting up to 40 players in ground combat, on ground vehicles like AT-ST walkers and speeder bikes, and dogfighting in X-Wings and TIE Fighters. Other modes will focus on smaller battles with as few as eight players.

Looks to me there will be 1 or 2 other modes with more players.

also...

?It?s important to make the differentiation between Battlefield and Battlefront here,? Mcleod said. ?Sixty four players worked really well for Battlefield, and we toyed with a lot of different numbers, and we found that for the experience that we wanted to give, and how we felt that the matches would play out, 40 players was actually the optimum number. Instead of putting 64 in there and just saying that for a number, and having it be too crowded and being a lesser experience, we?ve made it the most optimum number it can be.?

all i needed to know.

EDIT: And we have splitscreen co-op on consoles! Not seen that feature for a while! Not on PC though :\

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Barbas said:
JoJo said:
I recommend just picking up Star Wars: Empire At War and its expansion, Forces Of Corruption, then modding in loads and loads of prequel and original ships, plus ships from the comics with the Absolute Corruption mod. You won't need another Star Wars game with that thing and it'll be a lot cheaper.
Heh, fair enough, I'll give those a look at. Thanks.