Star Wars Fans Use Legos, Paper Bags to Recreate Original Movie

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Star Wars Fans Use Legos, Paper Bags to Recreate Original Movie

What happens when you combine teapots, hamburgers and the pop artist Seal? You get, quite possibly, the best fan-made remake of Star Wars ever.

Star Wars Uncut began as a simple homage, with a site encouraging fans to produce a 15 second clip of one of the 472 scenes from the original movie, preserving only the audio. 902 Jedis, Siths and Padawans answered the call, and the result is a stunning display of ingenuity, creativity and wackiness. I don't want to give too much away and, frankly, I really wouldn't know where to begin, so just do yourself a favor and check out the trailer below.

[vimeo=10821312]

The entire film will be screened in Copenhagen at the CPH:pIX festival on April 19th, and there are also promises of screenings in NYC. What does one have to do to get a screening in North Carolina? Seriously!

Entertainment Geekly [http://starwarsuncut.com/]

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Lauren Admire said:
What does one have to do to get a screening in North Carolina? Seriously!
Nothing as close as trying to get one in the UK, I would imagine.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
I never like to use the phrase, but WTF is the only thing that comes to mind after watching this. I've never watched Star Wars all the way through, (I couldn't bear all of it) so it should be natural that I don't get everything there, but I just don't know what's going on. What?

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Lauren Admire said:
Maybe if you used a shovel and dug up North Carolina, then placed it on top of NY, they'd let you watch.

I remember hearing about this a while ago. It's gotten better, which is always cool to see. My afvorite clip was one (not in the trailer) where Luke and 3PO are looking for R2, except that it's done in a style more fitting a Bruce Willis movie, with explosions going off all around them and 3PO looking badass. "Punch it, 3PO!"

Sir Moomin

Apr 16, 2010
Armored Prayer said:
Though the part with the hamburger did throw me off a bit.
Thats because George lucas got the idea for ship design of the falcon while eating a burger with a olive poking out of the side if i remember.

OT: I thought it was really well done even if some of the scenes are quite hard to follow :p

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I completely lost it at the part where they climbed the ladder to the cannons. The guy playing Han climbed up, and the guy playing Luke just crouched down. I laughed so hard.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Sparrow said:
Lauren Admire said:
Nothing as close as trying to get one in the UK, I would imagine.
I agree. I would love this in UK cinemas. Theres a last called Arc near by of my home town that show stuff liek this, i hope they pick up the project!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
The burger scene was just crazy, but funny as hell. Looks like this might be interesting, tough the shooting scene i did not like. But everything else made me say "WTF?" and was fun. But umm....also, why was that toilet burning? It's been a long time since i saw the movie, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a toilet that was burning. And I'm sure as hell that they didn't extinguish the flames like... that.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Someone has far too much spare time and it's awesome...kudos to him!

BioTox

Nov 19, 2009
All I have to say is, "wtf?" LoL I couldn't stop watching though. I like it. :)