Star Wars Kinect Trailer Worth a Laugh, I Guess

BlackHazard

Nov 6, 2008
The end was pretty funny but if the were trying to sell the actual game with that commercial they did a pretty crappy job at it.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
That would be kinda funny if it was a homebrew troll video and we could all go "not too shabby maybe try to be funny next time", but an official video... have you lost your shit.
At least we know what quality they are aiming at.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
idarkphoenixi said:
But..goddamn it Lucas!! Stop trying to re-invent the glory days back when Star Wars was actually good. I'm sick of this! Every movie, EVERY game is playing off the scenes and emotions felt in the original trilogy.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I could have used the face plastered on my...face to win a hand at poker just now after having watched that video. It seemed completely pointless to me but maybe they're going to wheel that one out during the Super Bowl for the game's target audience because it sure as hell wasn't...well, most of us I guess. I find the lack of gameplay disturbing.

DPeteD

May 29, 2011
I think people might have forgotten that this, most likely wasent aimed at adult geeky star wars fans, but rather young kids and ordinary everyday joes, some people on the escapist need to get over themselves.

And greg its called objective journalism.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Oh I laughed so hard at the beginning of the trailer, when the guy kept interrupting Vader. Spaceballs came to mind.

As always, though, fans of the Star Wars universe, being the most die-hard type of fans, will take out pitchforks and chainsaws and go Lucas hunting on the forums.

They do seem to forget one major aspect, however: after the game is bought, the pretentiousness wears off and the realization that you're just swinging your empty arms in your room sinks in, players will do the one thing that always happens with kinect games when first played: dick around to see exactly how accurate it is and what you can and can't do.

How is it that fans of the series are never happy, yet Star Wars still exists? SOMEONE's buying this stuff!