Star Wars' Millennium Falcon Picks Up a Surprise Passenger in Unveiling Video

WldCard

Mar 20, 2010
Star Wars' Millennium Falcon Picks Up a Surprise Passenger in Unveiling Video

J.J. Abrams officially unveils Episode VII's Millennium Falcon ... complete with a surprising stowaway.

With Star Wars: Episode VII already deep into production, director J.J. Abrams has been having some fun with fans, posting pictures of notes from the set with clues sprinkled around about potential appearances making their way into the latest adventures in a galaxy far, far, away. However, fans aren't the only ones Abrams has had fun teasing.

Ever since San Diego Comic-Con, Abrams and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder have been taking good natured pokes at one another in social media. At one point, Snyder tweeting a picture of his own [https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statuses/492098319468883968], feature a caped C-3PO answering his own version of the Bat-Signal.

Most recently, responding to rumors that the newest Batmobile had been stolen from the set of Dawn of Justice, Snyder posted another picture [https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/510700791007830016/photo/1] with the tweet "Case closed.", showing the "arrest" of a Stormtrooper who had apparently decided to take Batman's latest toy for a little joyride.

Earlier today, the teasing continued, as Abrams released a new video on YouTube (shown below), featuring the official unveiling Episode VII's version of the Millennium Falcon. The camera pans across and under the iconic spaceship before settling on a uniquely familiar piece of hardware attached to its undercarriage.

Yes folks, that is none other than Batman's Tumbler, popularized by Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight film trilogy, hitching a ride through space on the Millennium Falcon.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I wonder how long it will be till we start seeing original SW7 vehicles or costumes? I like the Falcon model but more interested in seeing what new things have been made for the new movie.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Why would they make something related to Batman as part of the Falcon. Why pay the rights from Warner Brothers for that, when Disney has tons of characters, including all of Marvel's Superheroes, as part of the prop instead? If you wanted to pay something as little gag, why not something from Indiana Jones, since R2D2 and C3PO made a similar cameo in Raiders? Or what about Mickey, it's now being made by Disney and your telling me they didn't put a hidden mickey on it?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Not G. Ivingname said:
Why would they make something related to Batman as part of the Falcon. Why pay the rights from Warner Brothers for that, when Disney has tons of characters, including all of Marvel's Superheroes, as part of the prop instead? If you wanted to pay something as little gag, why not something from Indiana Jones, since R2D2 and C3PO made a similar cameo in Raiders? Or what about Mickey, it's now being made by Disney and your telling me they didn't put a hidden mickey on it?
I guess the whole thing is just a joke response to a picture Zack Snyder posted earlier as first "official" comment about the whole "Star Wars 7 VS Superman/Batman" competition and this is the response to it.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Apparently Abrams has built a 1:1 replica of the Millennium Falcon. No matter what the actual movie will be like, I feel like it's worth it just for that.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
kailus13 said:
Apparently Abrams has built a 1:1 replica of the Millennium Falcon. No matter what the actual movie will be like, I feel like it's worth it just for that.
I swear I would make it my goal in life to get rich just so I could buy it and build a house big enough to have it mounted in it for all to see, with a gold statue of me stroking it or something for the fun of it or whatever.

Looking forward for the proper trailers to come rolling in, fingers crossed this ends up being good.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I suppose it is suitable since there were many reference/ gags in the original triliogy like one of the astroids in the Empire Strike Back chase scene was a shoe or something like that.

JET1971

Apr 7, 2011
Ugliest Batmobile as the choice to add. Ugly engineering wise and would make a horrible vehicle. Though all the bat vehicles have gotten less realistic and more anime over the years so I guess it doesn't matter.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
toms said:
I don't get it..
Batman has a tumblr?
The "Tumbler" is the name of Batman's car in The Dark Knight trilogy. Probably because "Batmobile" was too silly a word for Nolan to let anywhere near his films.

Jan 12, 2012
Blitsie said:
kailus13 said:
I swear I would make it my goal in life to get rich just so I could buy it and build a house big enough to have it mounted in it for all to see, with a gold statue of me stroking it or something for the fun of it or whatever.

Looking forward for the proper trailers to come rolling in, fingers crossed this ends up being good.
Why buy a house when you could live in the Falcon itself? That way you can enjoy it 24/7!

OT: A nice enough joke, but I'm with SonOfVoorhees; I want to see some new stuff, not just JJ trotting out 40-year-old stuff and expecting me to get excited.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Movie Bob is already screaming himself blue in a nerd rage over this. ABRAMS RUINED MY STAR WARRRRZZZZZZZZZ BY NOT DOING WHAT I WANT HIM TO!!!!1111 RAAAAARGGGGHHHHH
Actually, in order to sooth Bob's inevitable rage, I think we should petition Abrams to let Bob cameo as the new Rancor. I think he'd work well in the role.

toms

Oct 23, 2008
MetalMagpie said:
toms said:
I don't get it..
Batman has a tumblr?
The "Tumbler" is the name of Batman's car in The Dark Knight trilogy. Probably because "Batmobile" was too silly a word for Nolan to let anywhere near his films.
Oh, I see.
Thank you for explaining this to me.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MetalMagpie said:
I wonder if he was aware that he made a series of movies about a guy who dressed up as a bat and spoke in silly voices.

toms

Oct 23, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
MetalMagpie said:
I wonder if he was aware that he made a series of movies about a guy who dressed up as a bat and spoke in silly voices.
That sounds stupendous!
Is it a children's show, like SpongeBob?
I love SpongeBob.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
MetalMagpie said:
Shh! Don't tell him!