Star Wars needs a reboot. Reboot the Original Trilogy, Reboot the Prequel Story, Reboot everything.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
BeetleManiac said:
Samtemdo8 said:
What I did was made the backdrop, the setting, the established world and its characters. I did not write a story to go along with it yet.
Then what's the point? The setting you describe already exists: The Old Republic.

Infact I would like to know what kind of story you would make the set up I presented?
I'm not the one proposing a reboot. And the reason people call your ideas boring is because they're generic and they don't have any human element to latch onto. Without people, a setting is just a bunch of proper nouns. You haven't demonstrated an understanding of why Star Wars became the cultural touchstone that it did. Just that you want it to conform to your tastes.
Are you incapable of latching onto a Veteran General character as a protaginist in Star Wars because they lack a Human element to them?

And I understand, I understand certainly why Star Wars is the cultural touchstone it is, I own the 6 movies, I watch the People vs George Lucas documentary and the people within explaining why Star Wars was such a big thing to them. But lately I think the fans ruined Star Wars for me, and that is a whole story I would like to explain but its a long one.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Sniper Team 4 said:
All this has taught me that Star Wars fans all hardcare fanboys of anything on the internet suck.
FTFY

But yeah, I'm with you. All these SW fanboi tears are pretty fucking ridiculous. Basically, when the film isn't their perfect vision of what Star Wars should be it's the "WORST EVAR". I guess that is what happens when you spend a lifetime collecting toys and memorizing fictitious spaceship statistics instead of making meaningful connections with other people.

(No joke, I once knew a dude who actually had the stats of every ship in the whole SW EU memorized. We called him Star Wars James because that was literally his only defining personality trait.)

Anyway, fuck them. Cry more, fanbois. The films are still making mad bank and receiving critical acclaim. Your tears ain't worth shit. And in the meantime, the redt of us will be over here, enjoying ourselves.

EscapistAccount

Aug 18, 2017
Why not just rewatch the originals? You don't need to remake/reboot the films to get the same feeling as the originals, the originals exist.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
EscapistAccount said:
Why not just rewatch the originals? You don't need to remake/reboot the films to get the same feeling as the originals, the originals exist.
Well to some people they don't exists until they re-release the unedited original version of the trilogy without all the Special Edition changes.

And now that Disney bought Fox I wonder if that means they will release it on blu ray.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Fischgopf said:
No and your ideas sound really boring. Maybe Star Wars just isn't for you if you want it to be radically different?
Well I wish Star Wars was more like the 2003 Clone Wars series, give Star Wars to Genndy Tartakovsky:

Borrring.
Star Wars Clone Wars 2003 was handled by true Star Wars fanboys and with care and love, you cannot find a more bigger Star Wars fan than Genndy Tartakovsky and Paul Ruddish.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
BeetleManiac said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Are you incapable of latching onto a Veteran General character as a protaginist in Star Wars because they lack a Human element to them?
If "veteran general" is the full extent of who he is as a character, then no, I can't. You proposed the setting, now tell us why we should give a shit.
And thus I come to my limits I can set up characters but I cannot write them fully. I have ideas, but I need aid in executing those ideas.

Which is why I asked you for aid.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Ezekiel said:
Samtemdo8 said:
you cannot find a more bigger Star Wars fan fanboy than Genndy Tartakovsky and Paul Ruddish.
Perhaps that's the problem. Reminds me of how anime is so inbred now because all the people making anime grew up on anime, unlike earlier directors. Clone Wars had some ridiculous Force moments and long, boring battles without any dialogue. That's not Star Wars.
The Force has always been the worse aspect of Star Wars because there is no set established rules on what the Force can do.

I think it stems from Empire Strikes Back and seeing the feeble old looking Yoda use the Force to lift a whole Space Fighter from the depths of a swamp. That opened the Floodgates of the Force being all over the place powerful.

Also the second Volume of Clone Wars fixed all the problems of the first by having more dialoge and character interactions, I mean how can you possibly think the General Grievous chase through the City was boring? Did you not laugh at the Clone Trooper in the Elevator casually loading his RPG and firing at Grievous' face?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
All this edge and no point.

You usually have bad opinions, but this takes the fucking cake.
Sniper Team 4 said:
And as for the comment of "I don't care about the old fans", well screw you too. Star Wars wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the old fans. It would have fizzled out there and there would have never been more than one movie.
I am sorry but this new movie broke me from all the things I have heard from it. Everything they done to Star Wars is just wrong and worse the Last Jedi completely scrapped anything that JJ Abrams was trying to do in favor of Rian Johnson's vision for his upcoming trilogy.

I am not a fan of JJ Abrams but at least see his vision through. This revolver door of writers will only hurt Star Wars in the long run unless a standard set of rules is established. At least Comic Books has an editorial to try to keep everything in line.
How about you watch the movie first instead of listening to what people on the internet have to say about it?

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
BeetleManiac said:
Samtemdo8 said:
And thus I come to my limits I can set up characters but I cannot write them fully. I have ideas, but I need aid in executing those ideas.

Which is why I asked you for aid.
If you want to be a creative, lesson number 1: Nobody hires an "idea guy."

I have a like/dislike with George Lucas. He has good ideas, but in terms of execution, he is really lacking a little. The original Star Wars was kinda saved by the editing team.

Natemans

Apr 5, 2017
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
How about we just don't, and make something new. This franchise is getting whored out enough as it is -- Do we really need it to get rebooted as well?
I just want Star Wars to have a perfect, well thought out vision, the stories and lore well thought out and consistant, its charcaters consistant.

Even though a lot of them have had that.

Like why does technology in the prequels like ships and robots look more advanced than in the Original Trilogy?

Pretty easy answer to that. The Imperial Empire keeps advancing in terms of technology that the world is lacking in innovative look and feel to it. Its like living in a city become decayed while under a big oppressive rule.

How did the Badguys in the Force Awakens make a Death Star that was even more powerful than the originals?
They've had 30 years to build themselves up into something larger than the Empire.

Dazzle Novak

Sep 28, 2015
All of this is an exercise in figuratively subsisting on candy and insisting "Jolly Ranchers totally have, like, vitamins and stuff!"

Is it possible that a quirky pastiche of Flash Gordon and samurai flicks wasn't a solid enough nucleus for the mythological importance that's been placed around it and the original's world-building flourishes weren't proof of any actual, systematic lore that could sustain attempts to pump out stories for perpetuity with any sort of meaningful variety or artistic integrity?

"Leave it alone and move on" is an option, but how else can people get that nostalgia-high while Disney clears a billion a year off one franchise?

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Dazzle Novak said:
All of this is an exercise in figuratively subsisting on candy and insisting "Jolly Ranchers totally have, like, vitamins and stuff!"

Is it possible that a quirky pastiche of Flash Gordon and samurai flicks wasn't a solid enough nucleus for the mythological importance that's been placed around it and the original's world-building flourishes weren't proof of any actual, systematic lore that could sustain attempts to pump out stories for perpetuity with any sort of artistic integrity?
Hey! Don't you be coming in here making sense. It's not allowed.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
I don't have the time or the energy to write an entire novel here, so I will simply inform you that you are wrong. I know nothing I could ever say will change your mind, so why say anything at all?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Cold Shiny said:
I don't have the time or the energy to write an entire novel here, so I will simply inform you that you are wrong. I know nothing I could ever say will change your mind, so why say anything at all?
So keep the original trilogy than I conceed that, but if they want to build a bigger universe outside of it, they need to follow the original trilogy's rules alot more closely