Star Wars: Rebels Feels Like A Saturday Morning Cartoon

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Star Wars: Rebels Feels Like A Saturday Morning Cartoon

"Fighter Flight" is a light filler episode, but that's a good thing.

Read Full Article

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
I'm beginnin to think that my expectations of this show need to be heavily lowered. Before it aired I thought we were goin to get somethin closer to The Clone Wars series. Lighthearted at parts, but easily able to get down in the thick of it with some deep character growth. The first two episodes reinforced this because there was a good bit of character development already. However the last two episodes just have nothin...just nothin. They're exactly as you describe them, Saturday morning cartoons. That's not bad exactly, but it does make me feel highly underwhelmed.

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but I'm really hopin they finally get to somethin more meaty again soon.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Apparently this is the calm before the storm, an episode of levity before they make something darker.

How old is Zeb exactly? He acts like a teenager in this episode, but he was apparently a guardsman or something before his entire race was exterminated.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah I wasn't impressed with the episode.

Also why is it imply that they didn't destroyed the Tie Fighter they stole (they kind of acting like liars) and yet we don't see the fate of the said Tie Fighter and what was up with that random alien with the farmer in that transport? I thought it was a friend of theirs and that alien dissapear when you saw the two farmers were a ok.

Yozozo

In a galaxy far, far away...
Mar 28, 2009
Clone wars took a couple seasons before it really got good. And saturday morning cartoon as it is, it already has an impressive body count (and not body count. Geeze, the number of people Ezra doesn't kill that turn around and get murdered 2 seconds later is astounding).

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
It's different from Clone Wars, and that's a good thing.

Clone Wars suffered from the one thing that's plagued Star Wars for years, George Lucas. He funded part of the Clone Wars out of pocket and was heavily involved in the direction of some episodes. George wants to have a commentary on what would happen if they deregulate the banks, and the problems banking can pose on society? Boom, episode premise. Problem was it lacked any kind of consistency. Clone Wars jumped around way too much, and imo, suffered from over saturation of Jedi.

This show is much more simple, and going back to the OT roots. That's fine by me. I've already seen the next episode, and it delivers. Calm before the storm is what I would call this episode. The next one get's back to conflict.

Burnouts3s3

Jan 20, 2012
I really wish the series was more interested in exploring the other characters of Kanan, Hera and even Sabine. So far, we've got so much focus on Zeb and Ezra. But, maybe we'll get an episode with them soon.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
kailus13 said:
Apparently this is the calm before the storm, an episode of levity before they make something darker.

How old is Zeb exactly? He acts like a teenager in this episode, but he was apparently a guardsman or something before his entire race was exterminated.
To be fair, Darth Vader is supposed to make an appearance soon so maybe that's when the storm hits.