Star Wars Rebels Returns to Classic Trilogy Roots

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
*fanboyism intensifies*

This sounds VERY promising to me.

I never liked the style of the 3D Clone wars stuff - and the 2D clone wars stuff wasn't that interesting either IMO.

But a return to the style-wise roots of the original trilogy? Oh boy... I can't wait to see a trailer for this

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
MCerberus said:
Hey... hey... hey... can we bring back tartakovsky for the fight scenes?
Better idea, let's just get Tartakovsky to head up this series. I'm sure he's in need of a new project since Titan Maxim lost its programming spot to [insert despised program here] on cartoon network.

Basement Cat

Keeping the Peace is Relaxing
Jul 26, 2012
inb4 "Any new Star Wars stuff will suck!"

Sounds interesting. It's a given that they'll try to lay ground towards the new trilogy and the yearly trilogy-independent movies they've announced will be made.

And it may just muffle the vitriol from the Haters.

[small]Nah, Haters gonna hate.[/small]

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
You know, I liked the Clone Wars TV show, and was sad to see it get cancelled. But this looks amazing!

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Hmm... this is getting to be a trend. First Fantasy Flight Games comes out with a new Star Wars tabletop RPG taking place between ANH and ESB, and now this. Looks like the new management is trying to get back to the classic feel(though the tabletop game had already been well under way by the time Disney took over).

I'm liking this.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
So it'll be on Disney XD. You know what that means? It'll probably fail to draw in the audience that it seeks and deserves, like Tron Uprising before it. Why? Because they have to release it on this limited availability channel that many providers don't carry. Then it'll become a ratings disaster because the people managing that channel have their heads so far up their asses that they can see the backs of their eyeballs. An easy solution is to make the video free-to-stream on disney's website, then put ads on and around it, but no. They probably won't do that. Instead, it'll probably languish and die on the main channel as they try to get more subscribers to an outdated cable network.

Sorry. Just venting over the loss of Tron Uprising. I'd rather not see more good shows go that route.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
People are still into Starwars? I'm bored as hell with it now, who says what moving on to newer IP is good?

woodaba

May 31, 2011
Ooh. This looks neat. I'm very wary about anything Star Wars related these days, but I think I'll be checking this out.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
an annoyed writer said:
So it'll be on Disney XD. You know what that means? It'll probably fail to draw in the audience that it seeks and deserves, like Tron Uprising before it. Why? Because they have to release it on this limited availability channel that many providers don't carry. Then it'll become a ratings disaster because the people managing that channel have their heads so far up their asses that they can see the backs of their eyeballs. An easy solution is to make the video free-to-stream on disney's website, then put ads on and around it, but no. They probably won't do that. Instead, it'll probably languish and die on the main channel as they try to get more subscribers to an outdated cable network.

Sorry. Just venting over the loss of Tron Uprising. I'd rather not see more good shows go that route.
And you are probably right... sad but true

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
I dont know why but honestly from this depiction I really get a creepy "Firefly stole our schtick... So we are gonna take it back and out firefly, firefly"

Which Cleveland Brown Jr said it best "How can you have an entire ship full of Han Solo's?"

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
This is the first thing outside the main movies I've actually wanted to see.

That said, shame they really went overboard fantasizing over the concept art. Everyone knows the Rebels started out with headhunters and Y-wings- not X-Wings that just looked a little less... X-wingy...