Star Wars: The Bad Batch animated TV show, coming 2021

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK

Following the conclusion of the The Clone Wars animated TV show earlier this year, many have been wondering where animated Star Wars would go next, seeing as we now have seen all 3 eras represented in animated form, with The Clone Wars, Rebels, and Resistance.

Well, now we have our answer.

As it turns out, The Bad Batch arc from the final season, was actually a backdoor pilot, and these are the characters that we will be following in this new show.

Those that tuned in to the first four episodes of the animated prequel show’s season 7 will remember the Bad Batch (more formally known as Clone Force 99) as a team of experimental troopers that featured unique abilities.
So basically, one of them is super strong, one of them is super smart, etc.

In the spinoff show, we’ll follow the squad as they navigate their way through a post-Clone Wars era. The report went on to say that the group will “take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.”
This is interesting. What this means, is that one way or another, these clones are not loyal to once-Republic, so we will get to hopefully see a lot of the Clone's reactions to the new Empire.

Hopefully this will also lead into some returning characters from The Clone Wars TV show, to explain how they end up where they do in the future, like Captain Rex, or characters that we haven't seen since Order 66, like Commander Cody.

Also, depending on when this show is set, it could also be a unique setting, which we haven't seen much. Sure, we have seen a lot of stuff from between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope but a lot of that has been well after the Empire has established itself, and is much closer to Episode 4 than 3. Seeing a new Empire, which still uses Clone equipment, could be really cool to see - especially from the perspective of other clones.

So yeah, colour me excited.

Last edited:

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping "post-Clone Wars era" means literally months after the Clone Wars end. We haven't really seen anything of the years when the Empire was still pretending to be the good guys restoring order to a war-torn galaxy and hadn't quite taken off the mask hiding the fascism yet. Most things skip ahead a decade or so. I also really hope they really delve into "what do soldiers created to fight do when the war is over?" since Clone Wars only dipped its toes into those waters

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Following the conclusion of the The Clone Wars animated TV show earlier this year, many have been wondering where animated Star Wars would go next, seeing as we now have seen all 3 eras represented in animated form, with The Clone Wars, Rebels, and Resistance.
Forces of Destiny/Galaxy of Adventures: "Oi!"

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Knew it had to be CG before I even clicked on the thread. It's been three years since I watched any CG animation, and I don't miss it. I like Star Wars, but I may never watch any CG animation again. I especially don't wanna support Disney when they used to be such a major producer of traditional animation.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Pretty excited for this, sounds a lot like what people wanted Rebels wanted to be. Dee Bradley Baker talking to himself for a whole season will be amazing.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I'm decently excited for this. The Bad Batch were somewhat caricatures, not having much personality beyond their gimmicks, but a show about them is the perfect time to flesh them out and give them more of a personality.

The time period is interesting, to me. Not a lot is set in the immediate post war period, and what happens to clones after the war is something I'd like to see more of (yes, I've watched Rebels). Plus, I could always use more Dee Bradley Baker.