Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Full Trailer Stands Revealed

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Full Trailer Stands Revealed

Star Wars: The Force Awakens finally has its full trailer, taking us back to a galaxy far, far away.

It's easy to be a skeptical Star Wars fan, especially these days. Not only did we live through the prequels, the new series will be directed by J.J. Abrams, whose record with the Star Trek reboot is divisive at best. But hope is rising. First we heard about <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142149-New-Behind-the-Scenes-Star-Wars-Photos#&gid=gallery_4590&pid=1>the practical effects, then <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140491-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-Receive-Second-Teaser>the teaser showed promise. Now the official Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is out, and naturally the internet is in full-blown hype mode. And after watching it, I suspect you'll agree - it's hard to blame anyone for that.

Where the original teaser trailer was very nostalgia driven, here the focus shifts onto Force Awakens' new characters. Rey lives on the desert planet Jakku, scavenging for parts among a long-abandoned Star Destroyer. Meanwhile, Finn is a Stormtrooper disillusioned with his cause, and is seemingly shot down over Jakku for doing so. The pair end up joining forces for an epic adventure with the First Order hot on their heels. But instead of being assisted by a elderly Obi-Wan, it's Han Solo himself who takes on the role of teacher.

Admittedly, this Force Awakens trailer is still short on plot specifics, saving its big reveals for the final movie. It's still not clear why Luke, Leia, and Han parted ways 30 years ago, or why the First Order kicked off another galactic conflict. It does seem the Force is considered a myth once again, since the skeptical Han Solo is the one telling Rey and Finn it actually exists. Which is where the awakening Force likely comes into play.

But plot details aren't required here - it's the gorgeous visuals that really stand out. There are all kinds of new locations on display, from a First Order stronghold, to a ruined battlefield, to some kind of remote temple. And of course, it's packed full of epic sci-fi battles. The trailer gives us infantry shootouts, X-Wing dogfights, clashing lightsabers, and more.

Sure, Star Wars: The Force Awakens might not be what we expect. But I have to admit, the Force seems to be growing ever stronger with this one. We'll find out when it premieres on Dec. 18, 2015.

[gallery=4893]

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
All i can feel is chills. I don't care if it turns out to be a crappy movie I will go out and see this movie.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well whaddayaknow , that actually looks alright.

Having a main character be a storm trooper deserter is a cool idea. (Although I guess they're no longer clones then?)

Ihrgoth

Oct 8, 2012
Zhukov said:

Having a main character be a storm trooper deserter is a cool idea. (Although I guess they're no longer clones then?)
Its pretty clear in the original trilogy that all the Stormtroopers who were clones were either dead or retired. This is 30 years after episode 6, all the clones are definitely dead.

Sep 14, 2009
holy shit, trying to buy tickets for this thing is difficult...

all the sites keep crashing harder than tie fighters.

they can't repel customers of this magnitude! their deflector shields are too strong!

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Ihrgoth said:
Zhukov said:

Its pretty clear in the original trilogy that all the Stormtroopers who were clones were either dead or retired. This is 30 years after episode 6, all the clones are definitely dead.
Indeed. Even in the original movie, with Luke and the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" bit. If they were actually still entirely clones, that would have been less of a joke and more of something that would have gotten them caught pretty quickly.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Looks good to me. Really, my only complaint is that things are moving too fast, too sharp I guess. The turns the ships make, the lasers looking a bit too skinny, stuff like that. It's purely cosmetic and is a result of new technology, but part of my brain was going, "Hm...doesn't look quite right."

Still totally excited though. Can't wait to see it, although I dread what the lines are going to be. So was that Leia talking? Hope so. They're touching on the fact that she has the Force now.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Looks decent enough. Hopefully it delivers the classic Star Wars feels.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I really don't feel anything. I mean, all I see here is spectacle.

I'm hoping there's something that actually makes me care about the new characters at some point before Christmas.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
they can't repel customers of this magnitude! their deflector shields are too strong!
Thank you for this. Really thank you, you made my night. After that trailer caused my eyes to leak, you have successfully done that again, from laughter.

Sep 14, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
I really don't feel anything. I mean, all I see here is spectacle.

I'm hoping there's something that actually makes me care about the new characters at some point before Christmas.
I'm pretty sure that was the last trailer..so I don't think you'll get anything new/more to care about the characters...

although that's a double edged sword kinda, innit? reveal too much, and you've got the movie in a nutshell, but reveal too little, and customers like you are looking for a reason care to go see it.

Imperioratorex Caprae said:
gmaverick019 said:
Thank you for this. Really thank you, you made my night. After that trailer caused my eyes to leak, you have successfully done that again, from laughter.
you're mighty welcome, my humor isn't the greatest so sometimes my jokes fall on deaf ears...(or eyes, in the forums case.)

even blind chickens find feed sometimes :)

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
I'm... actually pretty apathetic to be honest. Not sure why but this trailer just doesn't make me feel anything.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
So, going with Abram's usual "mystery box with most obvious answer being correct", the conspicuous absence of Mark Hamill combined with the masked villains clearly means Luke Skywalker's a Sith, now, right? That's him with Daddy's mangled mask, taking over Daddy's unfinished business?

Which is what, exactly? Wiping out force users, perhaps? "Bringing balance"? Hrm.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Haha! I was actually going to make fun of how the single note drama intro made me cringe, trying to be like Green Mile or something serious, but it seemed to work for some of you. To me this couldn't look more bland.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I am so filled with rage because of how hyped I am to see this... I hate it... It looks so good I'm filled with rage.....

Uratoh

Jun 10, 2011
Every time I see that clip with the former stormtrooper in the desert backdrop I can't help but think of the scene from spaceballs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4-rYlw1rRI

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Pyrian said:
So, going with Abram's usual "mystery box with most obvious answer being correct", the conspicuous absence of Mark Hamill combined with the masked villains clearly means Luke Skywalker's a Sith, now, right? That's him with Daddy's mangled mask, taking over Daddy's unfinished business?

Which is what, exactly? Wiping out force users, perhaps? "Bringing balance"? Hrm.
nah, we briefly see a hooded figure with a robot hand and r2-d2, odds are Luke is gonna play this movies equivalent to Yoda or Obi-wan