Star Wars: The Old Republic is EA's Most Expensive Project in History

Ushario

Mar 6, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
So?
It's just, some people nitpick over very small things in writing like my english teacher who is a classic type of grammar Nazi, so much that he is refer as 'The Nazi.'

Again you didn't do anything wrong.
You however did, that should be 'referred to as 'The Nazi''.

The more you know, the less the Internet hates you. You made me join that group, where I found a grammatical error. I'm a horrible person and I love it.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Ushario said:
Dr. wonderful said:
So?
It's just, some people nitpick over very small things in writing like my english teacher who is a classic type of grammar Nazi, so much that he is refer as 'The Nazi.'

Again you didn't do anything wrong.
You however did, that should be 'referred to as 'The Nazi''.

The more you know, the less the Internet hates you. You made me join that group, where I found a grammatical error. I'm a horrible person and I love it.
Fine.

But I still feel as though you guys need to relax.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
I just found something interesting on amazon uk. It says the game will be released on 31st of october 2010. One can only hope this isn't a cock up of some kind
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Wars-Old-Republic-PC/dp/B001O9AQT6/ref=pd_ys_home_shvl_2

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
What makes WoW have 12.5 million subscribers: Asians
What is not popular in Asia: Star Wars

There is no way unless they can convince the Asians to play the game to have massive subscriptions.

Biscotti187

Aug 12, 2009
lets add some other factors to your list though and see what we can add up in the end
1. consider the pools of players who have left wow over the years maybe looking for a new MMO or just a break from the genre who now have the opportunity at new highly anticipated MMO from a trusted developer and a large budget
2. here on the Escapist Bioware very nearly beat Valve for number 1 developer (it received 2nd)so what about the undoubtedly large pool of fans Bioware seem to have (recall both DAO and ME2 went multi-platinum) who may very well line up if not to try Bioware's must ambitious project yet
3. the last two groups of people Bioware can reliably count on (particularly number 2) but gaming is a growing industry so there is an ever expanding pool of players some will go to Bioware some to Blizzard, so for these players whats more attractive? an older game that requires several expansion pack purchases, or a brand-new state of the art game (Star Wars has most certainly been well advertised with trailers etc so lets see whats on TV when it come to release date)
Star Wars only really needs to compete with Wow for new players to the MMO genre, you're right one game will unlikely convince people to quit Wow, we saw what happened to Aion and Star Trek, so its who can attract the new players and the old guard of Wow may very well give Star Wars a shot and if not they certainly arnt going to be returning to Wow
For now though while Wow occupies the MMORPG market, like an obese man in a tight room, its is unlikely that Star Wars wont get much more than the equivalent of half of Wows subscriber number until Wow inevitably begins to slowly die