Star Wars: The Will of The Force

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Inferno, as this is the crux of your story you really want a juicy Dues Ex Machina to break the stalemate and offer incentives. Just an ultrathought, feel free to ignore.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah, looks like the room isn't going to help me at all. Only thing I could think of would be to throw the chains or the chair at one of them as a distraction. Highly doubt that would be too effective though, and a flat out fight with them would get us all killed, so I guess we'll have to "defeat" them another way.
Jebha felt his connection to the Force returning to him. Slowly at first, but getting stronger and stronger every second. He immediately began using it to probe the facility around him, searching for a trace of Jallil's presence.

...There. It's faint, but I'd recognize her anywhere.

Well, we know she's here, though it's hard to tell exactly where at the moment. Now all we need is to get away from these damned guards.

The Jedi glanced around him, taking in the situation. From the looks of it, his companions had all realized their powers had returned as well. Good, he'd need them to help. He looked up at the three figures around him. Masters, all of them, by the look of it. Fighting the three of them wouldn't be easy, even with everyone in their group. He looked at the chains around his wrists. Annoying, but with access to the Force again, he could have them off quickly.

And why is that? Why bother putting us in chains if he could subdue our powers with his own? Why leave, giving us our power back, making them obsolete in the first place?

And the guards... He glanced up at them again. It would make sense to post guards for prisoners who were unable to move, just in case they managed to free themselves, but we are already free. We could attack them at any instant we choose, so why bother?

Because he wants us to escape. I'm sure he doesn't underestimate us, and he could have made our security much tighter. Whatever he's planning for us, he doesn't plan on us still being here.

Staring at the guard in front of him, Jebha spoke.

"You three realize you're going to die here, don't you?"

Sorry for all the text with practically nothing happening. Jebha's a bit of an intellectual, and likes to think things through.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
Drang heard the veteran Jedi's pronouncement, the words echoing like a thunderbolt in the vast, empty space of the throne room. To this, he added a soft, evil little chuckle, it's blatant cruelty passing straight through the ear, through the brain to inscribe the word Terror upon the delicate blue-grey tracework of the spineal coloumn.

Now, what to do, what to do? he mused. A direct attack was quite out of the question, he was tied quite firmly to the floor, and his compatriots still appeared to be rather shellshocked by the whole experience. Still, there was potential here. Potential...and his equipment, split between two guards on the far right of the throne room. Grenades, ammunition, blades and a half-dozen other weapons, all glinting in the soft light of the room. No way to reach it, true, but if another could....well, any of those grenades would be distraction enough....

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
Ald looked at Jebha, then at the Masters that were currently acting as "guards," then back at the Jedi. With a small sound of exasperated exhalation, the Neti slipped himself free of the chains and put them off to the side in a neat, coiled pile. He did not, however, stand, simply remaining in his sitting position on the cold, stone floor.

"I see no reason to play Pestilence's games. Killing anymore would only make us look like hypocrites. I say we leave these men alive."

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
The guard in question snorted.

"We are not afraid of you Jedi, with your limited view of Force usage and vaunted morals. Lord Pestilence himself has taught the three of us to embrace the Force, all of it, and to use it almost as powerfully as he himself does. You shall not prevail."

Undaunted by the growl emanating from the mutant, having been seasoned against fear by the Dark Lord, the three Dark Masters stood their ground, sneering at the group of Republic soldiers.

Ok, you guys have a few options that I see so far. a)Try to subdue the guards mentally (not likely, they're very powerful and strong minded) b)Try to get the guards to fight amongst themselves (more likely, since it plays on natural hostilities between Sith)
or c)use the Force to hurl all of Drang's grenades at them, then somehow escape or defeat them in their ensuing pain and confusion. I like the way you guys are exploring and creating options here. Keep it up, create a plan you like, then execute it.

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
The Neti left his human form once again, coiled and bulging into the general shape of a tree. The emptiness of the stone chamber was getting to him and the lack of sunlight was making him hungry.

"Not very likely. If you were anywhere near as powerful as Pestilence, you would have teamed up by now and taken over the Sith Empire yourselves. You claim to have all of these powers given by the Dark Side, yet you are too frightened to overthrow your master."

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Jebha chimed in.

"It's sad, really. All of that power, and yet even the three of you can't stand up to Pestilence; forced to serve as distractions to slow us down. Pestilence knows we're an even match for him, if not a bit stronger, so he tells you three to "guard" us. While we'd be able to beat him in a fair fight, wasting our energy killing you would give him the upper hand. If there was no need for us to fight you, though, we would surely be able to kill Pestilence and, with our mission complete, be free to leave immediately. Even if he somehow managed to win, his victory would take a heavy toll on him. He'd be quite vulnerable to any attacks afterward."

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
"Unless your that afraid of him" yawned Drang, stretching as far as the confines of the chains would allow him to. "I'm not-so-sure about most of these chaps, but I'm pretty sure Jehba and the Neti wouldn't have much problem finishing you poor sods off."

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
The one guard who had remained the most still and silent looked at Kamenev. He spoke with a very deep voice, and he spoke with great sophistication.

"Afraid? No. We are loyal. We know and recognize who is the one who brought the Sith to such great power. And you are all wrong. Together, the three of us are still not as powerful as Pestilence. My colleague here only meant that it is Pestilence himself who has trained us, and that you should remember that if you try to attack us."

"Now, wait," the first guard interjected. "You know they're right. Pestilence trained us to focus our anger and our hate, to use the Force in the same way that he does. What is to say that together, we could not defeat him?"

The deep voiced guard looked at his comrade slowly. Though his face was hidden in shadow beneath his hood, a cold darkness emanated from the way he stared at the other.

"Your words are treason. Betrayal most high against the Dark Lord and all he has built. I know my duty. My Master shall reward me well."

Without a tenth of a second's passage, he whipped his lightsaber around at the man he had called traitor. The guard parried just in time, but found himself consumed in Force lightning. He flew back against the wall. Weak and in shock, he looked up in time to see his former ally's lightasaber soar through the air into his face.

The third guard, not originally involved in the conflict was suddenly held aloft in the Force. Without even looking, the guard holding him snatched his lightsaber out of the air as it rushed back to him. He pointed it menacingly at the man he was holding.

"So, brother. What shall it be? Have these jedi gotten to you as well? Will you also conspire against our Lord?"

Now, the last guard, the one being held up, is still loyal, so don't make him say "I agree with him" and then get killed. Past that, use your imaginations. There are now two guards instead of three, and the two remaining are distracted.

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
Three sets of shot at the guard with the deep voice as if they were waiting for the moment, all intent on disabling him. From a mere few meters' distance, they had been waiting.

The first set went for his neck. They would divide, surround and close in instantly, crushing the vital segment and making the head nothing more than projectile meat.

The second set went for his arm. They would pull together and enclose the forearms, making it more than a little difficult for him to aim his dark Force powers and all but impossible for the lightsabers to be effective.

The third set went for his legs. If all else failed, at least the high-and-mighty guard would end up with a mouthful of the dirty, stone floor.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
So much for leaving them alive, thought Jebha as he noticed what Ald was doing.

It looked like the Neti had the one guard covered, so the Jedi sent a quick jolt of Force Stasis towards the guard being held aloft. As long as the deep voiced guard was taken care of, the stunned one would be easy enough to finish off.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
Drang let out a cry, and, with every muscle in his body working in singular unison, ripped the chains from the floor, their mantlets shredding as he hauled himself to his feet.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Okay, the guards are taken care of and Drang is free. Somebody see to his injuries and you guys get going. Get out into the halls and look for Jallil a little bit. Once you're out and searching, I'll post.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
With Ald's tendrils taking one guard out of comission, the man he'd been holding crumpled to the ground, unable to move with Jebha's Force Stasis affecting him. A quick jolt of the Force freed Jebha from his shackles, and he stood up. The fallen guard lay helplessly as the Jedi grabbed his lightsaber, activated it, and slit his throat.

"Alright, the guards are taken care of, now we need to find Jalill."

Jebha looked at Drang, who was leaving a rather impressive pool of blood on the floor.

"You're in no shape to help us right now. Hold still, I'll fix you up."

The Jedi walked over to Drang and began channeling the Force into his body, willing his wounds to heal.

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
Ald drops the dead Dark Jedi with a noticeable lack of empathy, then walks over to gather the weapons that had been piled near the wall. He remains silent as he searches and organizes the various armaments and redistributes them to their respective owners.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
Why is no one posting? It's been a week since the last post and that came three days after the one before it. What's going on?

revolverwolf

Jul 1, 2008
I'll get back to the RP now if everyone else will do the same. Delays seem to be spreading around all the RPs now.

"Right. Great guys, but mind helping me out here?" Samel sighed. He wasn't used to being useless against the enemy and it wasn't a feeling he'd very much want again. As Ald freed him and handed him his light blue saber he stepped uneasily, before nodding subtly to the Neti. "Thank you." He turned quickly to the others as they went about their individual tasks. "May we continue now? The longer we wait the more chance we have of Pestilence coming back."

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
"Sounds good to me" said Drang, in between coughing fits that brought blood slopping up behind his lips. He spat on the floor, head lowered, leaving a dark stain of gore and ruined tissue spattered across the stonework even as Jebha began healing him. As the veteran Jedi's power began to spread through his body, Drang staggered over to one of the Dark Jedi, and retrieved his equipment. As he pulled the grenades, firearms and miscellaneous, evil-looking devices from the man's grasp, he noticed a slight twitching in the muscles. With surprise, he noticed that the man was still alive, still clinging to life despite the grotesque injury inflcited to him. Desperate pleading filled those eyes, as one monster looked up into anothers, Drangs' so rendered almost demonic by the horrific engorement of the blood vessels, the spreading a crimson stain across the scelerea, the pupils twitching in pain. Drang closed his eyes, and, for a moment, the Sith felt hope for mercy.

With an idle, contemptuous flourish, Drang unholster and leveled his pistol, the soft metal 'click' of the cocking hammer striking back ringing like a bell in the silence, and blew the man's brains out of his skull.

"See you in Hell" he murmured, as he turned away, overcoat trailing behind his loping stride.

Emperor Inferno

Jun 5, 2008
alright, now we're back in the game. Again, as soon as you guys get out of there and into the base proper, I will post. I wanted to get a move on with this thing, cuz I've got a lot more in store for you guys.

Revenent

Nov 5, 2008
I've been very busy lately, so I completely forgot to check the Escapist. From now on, I'll at least try to check in every couple days.

The Neti stepped over the body of the Dark Jedi he had dismantled, the man's twisted neck leaking a variety of floods that mixed and pooled on the floor. Ald did not even stop to look back at his allies as he stepped through the door and went straight down the hallway, extending his lightsaber at his side.