Star Wars: TOR Unveils "Advanced Class System"

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Mr. Grey said:
The only thing I don't understand is how do you improve upon a Bounty Hunter... I'm scratching my head at that one. I mean anyone could become one, sure... but usually they're still called Bounty Hunters after they become something good or great.
I'm kinda hoping one of the options removes the Manadlorian Battle Armour (or adds it and gives the other side something else). I want to be Greedo, not Bobba Fett.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Have they said what kind of payment systems the game's going to use yet? I won't pay a subscription.

Cmwissy

Aug 26, 2009
I like how they've incorporated the Rogue/Thief and Hunter/Ranger classes into the Smuggler.

I'll probably be the point blank rogue.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Flying Dagger said:
Any more info on what the other classes are? for jedi and bounty hunter?
All the classes were announced ages ago.

Empire: Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter
Republic: Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Smuggler and Trooper.

zakski

Mar 24, 2009
Zeithri said:
Acidwell said:
This just keeps getting better and better.
This just keeps getting worse and worse!
It appears to me that they have changed the fairly complex and varied level-up system from KOTOR and replaced it with a much more linear Borderlands style skill tree.

So now any actual hope Bioware had of getting me to pony up for it is gone.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Prophetic Heresy said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
Clearly they didn't pay THAT much attention to the actual films... since when was Han Solo sneaky? Isn't he the proto-smuggler?
Han wasn't sneaky, but he never stood around to fight on his enemy's terms. If he was outgunned; he fled. If he saw an opportunity; he took it. You're right, he's not sneaking, but he's not walking around in the open either.

I can't wait to see how the Republic Trooper's advanced classes turn out. I don't have a lightsaber or force powers, but I do have a gun and you're sure as hell not getting through me without a fight.
THIS is my E-11 Blaster Rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine!

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
DO WANT!!

Gosh, I don't want this to be a WoW killer (Because I want Blizzard to keep gaining a lot of money for their other projects) but I sure as hell don't want to see it go the way of Tabula Rasa or many others like it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well looks like rthey are putting alot of effort into making it very individual. Which is good! Great to see what we have so far

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
I am HUUUUUUUUGELY looking forward to this game but it did worry me with the seeming lack of customization as far as your characters skills/class go. But this is great news! It just keeps getting better and better.

Now I have to decide what kind of Sith warrior I want to be... A double bladed DPSer or an armored tanky single blader... I just finished KOTOR again and played as a heavily armored single blade user, was pretty fun :) Gonna be some hard decisions on launch day!

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
On an ancient MUD I played in the BBS days there was a pretty sweet class system. You started as an Adventurer class with one of 4 archetypes with typical D&D derived functional powers; Warrior, Rogue, Wizard, and Cleric. Wizard had damage spells, Warrior had heavy armor and big weapons, Rogue had stealth and Cleric had healing and buffs. The advantage of the Adventurer was that they leveled the fastest.

Then after a few levels you could join a faction and gain the more advanced and "flashier" powers of the faction in addition to your Adventurer powers. For instance the Death Temple would grant Undead Control and debuff spells while the City Guard would grant armor buffs and morale abilities. So you would have a Wizard City Guard who could cast basic spells and was hard to damage or you have a Rogue City Guard who attacked from stealth but could defend himself if he got caught out. I think there was a third tier of specialization but I never got there.

This made for interesting hybrid possibilities focused on different aspects of the gameplay. Titan Quest had the same idea with its dual class system but in my opinion TQ didn't implement it elegantly enough.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I'll probably go for a more Maul like warrior, I'm not that great at strategy and I love the idea of being quick and agile.

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
Also: still waiting for a word on a local hosted Oceania/Australian server.

Anyone know anything?

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Chipperz said:
I'm kinda hoping one of the options removes the Manadlorian Battle Armour (or adds it and gives the other side something else). I want to be Greedo, not Bobba Fett.
You want to be a dead Bounty Hunter over being a live one?

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
When I first heard of this game and saw the art style I was worried. I only felt worse when I saw the combat, the lack of many classes, and knowing that "Story Driven" MMORPGs had utterly failed. However, when I heard the whole "the sith might be right" angle intriged me, and the sub classes have renuied interest to the game for me.