Star Wars, why do you do this to me?

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
So i was able to play during the beta, thought it was great then decided to order products to be qble to play, so i got the early acces and 60days subcription card because it was cheaper than buying the 50euro pack were you ave only 1 month.

I got the 60days subcribtion a bit late, ok.., entered the code on their website ( swtor.com) around the 22 of december and I am still waiting to have acces to product i purchased.

I tryed calling the customers service but their phone lines (at least in europe) are compleatly crap, I wasnt able to get a hold of a human being when i waited 45mins on the phone. When i called again there was pre-recorded message saying that it is normal if there are problemes with code activation we are delaying the activation, this is a wanted manouever.

So i tryed sending messages throught there "help" section but it seems it is pointless, and i can not post on their forums since my account is not "activated", wich was created 3years ago -_-".

So thank you EA, bioware, for your crapy customers service.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
yaydod said:
So i was able to play during the beta, thought it was great then decided to order products to be qble to play, so i got the early acces and 60days subcription card because it was cheaper than buying the 50euro pack were you ave only 1 month.
are you saying you bought a 2 month gamecard but did not buy the actual game? o_O

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
You do not need to buy the game since it give you the game on the a cd wich only means that you dont have to dowload it.

So yes but since i played during the beta i was able to dowload the client and you can download the client now on their web site.

The only big difference is that you get some extra in game items if you buy the game.

:facepalm: Man my english is horrible

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
So that means i have to get the game to be able to use my 60day card?

They should at least say it on the box :S

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
staring at this topic with open mouth right now, not really sure what to say haha O.O

but yeah you have to buy the actual game, as in, the cd or digitally from Origin and then you can enter your 60 day card and youll be able to play for 3 months.

i would be surprised if it wasnt on the box that you need the full game to play

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
This sounds like its more your fault, not Star Wars.
Though I admire your hatred. Build it, control it, form it into lethal passion to destroy the Jedi and become one with us!
PS The Empire has free cookies!

Though I will admit, Bioware has some crappy customer service.

Toasty Virus

Somehow I Returned?
Dec 2, 2009
Yes, you have to buy the game. That's generally to be assumed.

Seems like you're a bit confused her dude...

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
Toasty Virus said:
Yes, you have to buy the game. That's generally to be assumed.

Seems like you're a bit confused her dude...
Yep was to idealistique T_T

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
Just got to my house, checked the box and it is said no where that i need to purchase the game to be able to play.
Also went to my local game retailer and they didnt receive ANY new copies after the game came out.
I think its EA being EA, reducing the suplies to nothing so wee have to go on there horrible plateforme called Origine.
So gonna right an official letter to them and send out all my hate about there customers service (still in a half human way)

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Yaydod, I'm sorry you made a bad purchase without being fully aware of what was necessary to play the game, but the blame is on you, buddy. I'm a little speechless you thought they'd be giving away the game that cost them north of 100M to make for free. This is kind of like you buying a bunch of gas and then expressing outrage that a car dealership wouldn't let you drive away in one of their cars without paying first. It didn't say anywhere on the pump you needed a car!

yaydod

Nov 29, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
Yaydod, I'm sorry you made a bad purchase without being fully aware of what was necessary to play the game, but the blame is on you, buddy. I'm a little speechless you thought they'd be giving away the game that cost them north of 100M to make for free. This is kind of like you buying a bunch of gas and then expressing outrage that a car dealership wouldn't let you drive away in one of their cars without paying first. It didn't say anywhere on the pump you needed a car!
Well let me ask you this : Could you play WoW buy only buying a 30day acces card?

The same answer is for star wars since i have friends who did the same thing and are playing the game right now.

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
yaydod said:
BloatedGuppy said:
Well let me ask you this : Could you play WoW buy only buying a 30day acces card?

The same answer is for star wars since i have friends who did the same thing and are playing the game right now.
No. You can't. you still have to buy a copy of WoW and they give you 30 days included with the price.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
yaydod said:
BloatedGuppy said:

For to play wow you need to buy wow...

not their gamecards

But often you get 1-2 free months of gametime if you buy the game.

cora mcstrap

Jul 21, 2011
Yes a definate fail moment on behalf of the consumer. I wish i could have played WOW by only buying a game credit card but thems are the breaks.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
yaydod said:

I got the 60days subcribtion a bit late, ok.., entered the code on their website ( swtor.com) around the 22 of december and I am still waiting to have acces to product i purchased.

I tryed calling the customers service but their phone lines (at least in europe) are compleatly crap, I wasnt able to get a hold of a human being when i waited 45mins on the phone. When i called again there was pre-recorded message saying that it is normal if there are problemes with code activation we are delaying the activation, this is a wanted manouever.

So i tryed sending messages throught there "help" section but it seems it is pointless, and i can not post on their forums since my account is not "activated", wich was created 3years ago -_-".

So thank you EA, bioware, for your crapy customers service.

You deserve this as well.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
lotrfanatic1 said:
pants on head retarded moment ^_^
I'd say this is going a touch beyond pants on head levels. This is a massive violation of commonsense right here.

"You mean I have to actually BUY the game!? I am shocked and appalled!"

Now if you'll all excuse me, my Bounty Hunter on TOR needs some attention.

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
This was actualy publicly annouced some time ago, its a stepped activation to prevent massive overload of servers etc, it sucks for you not being able to play but it prevents the whole system crashing down and ultimatly is better for everyone, before you ask no i im not playing it i dont even own the game so im not just being a smug goit cause i have access and you dont even if does sound that way.

I did attempt to find a sorce for my statment about the intentionaly delayed activation but i actualy couldnt after several minuets of googling so if anyone out there with intrepid skills wants to link it for me go ahead.