Starchy Star Wars: I Am Bread Just Added Space Battles

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Starchy Star Wars: I Am Bread Just Added Space Battles

I Am Bread celebrates May 4th in the best possible way - building spaceships from bread for starch-filled Star Wars combat.

The internet is currently celebrating Star Wars <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/may%20the%204th?os=may+the+4th>in honor of May 4th, sometimes with its tongue placed firmly in cheek. For proof look no further than <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138096-I-Am-Bread-Game-from-Bossa-Studios>I Am Bread, a video game where players guide bread slices on epic journeys to becoming toast. Now developer Boss Studios' "epic" term is displayed in massive widescreen letters with "Starch Wars" - a new update where bread slices take part in spaceship combat.

Completely breaking with I Am Bread's gameplay, Starch Wars drops players into a heated space battle in ships made of bread. The default A-Wing fighter is a regular slice of bread, the Rebel transport ship is a baguette, and the TIE Fighters appear to be assembled from breakfast cereal. (Presumably making them more durable than actual TIE Fighters.) A trailer introducing the update shows the player defending the Rebel transport from attackers, dodging asteroids, and eventually taking on the Star Destroyer - in this case an enormous, space-bound ironing board.

The update is currently live, and can be played free of charge by clicking the "Starch Wars" magnet after completing the kitchen. It's a ridiculous concept, but a fun-looking one that perfectly matches Boss Studios' past work. What's more <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/goodoldreviews/13860-Good-Old-Editorial-Top-5-Video-Game-Space-Battles?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all>the space combat looks surprisingly solid, letting you bob and weave to dodge enemy attacks.

Now to just wait patiently for the breaded lightsaber battles.

Souce: <a href=http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/4/8540165/i-am-bread-star-wars-day-may-4-starch-update-video-pc>Polygon

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I feel I must take the low hanging fruit here *ahem*,

So I am bread will have better space battles than the new Star Wars: Battle Front.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Looking at the trailer reminded me of Rogue Squadron... now I feel sad cause I don't have the game anymore and none will be made. At least probably not as good as the first one.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
While I can admit that it would be a HELL of a lot easier to make a single player (Least I'm assuming it's single player) Space Battle Sim with a less intense graphics engine, I still have to give Bossa credit for answering the demand.

It also really makes EA look bad as a single Indie-level dev managed to show them up due to their poor choices in design and PR management.
Seriously, if these guys could make a semi-decent space battle sim with what I'm assuming is a pretty small budget, what's their excuse? Even with the HD graphics and 20 players, you'd think they'd figure something out with all their money :/

Edit: Also, I want to meet the person who came up with Cheerios's TIE Fighters and the Ironing Board Star Destroyer and give him a high five XD

Tortilla the Hun

Decidedly on the Fence
May 7, 2011
Eric the Orange said:
I feel I must take the low hanging fruit here *ahem*,

So I am bread will have better space battles than the new Star Wars: Battle Front.
That fruit was hanging so low, it was a potato.

More on topic, I am starting to seriously consider getting this game. It just looks too fun to pass up.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So it's prety much like that MMO update to that Goat Simulator?

Still I wonder if this mode is just as hard if not harder?

List

Sep 29, 2013
look at all the possibilities...
Starch Trek, Starch Citizen, Maybe even Breadbylon 5!

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Dragon Zero said:
Looking at the trailer reminded me of Rogue Squadron... now I feel sad cause I don't have the game anymore and none will be made. At least probably not as good as the first one.
You can get the n64 rogue squadron on pc now.

Anyway: I freaking died laughing when I saw the CR-90 was a French loaf. Funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time. Glad to see someone is still making space-breadfight simulators. It's a genre woefully absent from the modern day (much like RTS games that aren't starcraft.)

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
OMG, it's the second Coming of X-Wing. This game sold me the minute the shield generators went out on the ironing board.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Quazimofo said:
Dragon Zero said:
You can get the n64 rogue squadron on pc now.
Good to know, however my current computer is not really good for much except going on the internet. I'll think about getting it once I get something without a slightly cracked screen that isn't made from cheese.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Methodia Chicken said:
List said:
look at all the possibilities...
Starch Trek, Starch Citizen, Maybe even Breadbylon 5!
Flourfly, rye dwarf, Doughtor who, Hitchiker's guide to the bakery...
Space: Oven and breadond, Battlestarch Galactica, A Baker's 7...

Edit: thought of a better name for the Blake's 7

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
Diablo1099 said:
While I can admit that it would be a HELL of a lot easier to make a single player (Least I'm assuming it's single player) Space Battle Sim with a less intense graphics engine, I still have to give Bossa credit for answering the demand.

It also really makes EA look bad as a single Indie-level dev managed to show them up due to their poor choices in design and PR management.
Seriously, if these guys could make a semi-decent space battle sim with what I'm assuming is a pretty small budget, what's their excuse? Even with the HD graphics and 20 players, you'd think they'd figure something out with all their money :/
It's a complete kick in the teeth to EA's Battlefront, and from such an unexpected source. Absolutely Amazing!