StarCraft 2 Legacy of The Void Multiplayer Review - Arch on, Dudes!

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
StarCraft 2 Legacy of The Void Multiplayer Review - Arch on, Dudes!

SC2: Legacy of The Void?s three new multiplayer modes have something interesting for both newbies and veterans alike.

Read Full Article

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
My friends are all raving about the single player campaign. Glad it's living up to the expectations.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Scow2 said:
... The original Star Craft had Archon Mode...
How so? I don't remember a mode where two players controlled the same base and supply etc.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Scow2 said:
How so? I don't remember a mode where two players controlled the same base and supply etc.
It was called "Team Free-For-All" or "Team Melee". I was surprised as well when I saw it had all players controlling the same base, instead of just locking players into the same team. (Though they may have changed that in a patch... I only played non UMS a few times, and that was before playing on Battle.net.)

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Scow2 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Scow2 said:
It was called "Team Free-For-All" or "Team Melee". I was surprised as well when I saw it had all players controlling the same base, instead of just locking players into the same team. (Though they may have changed that in a patch... I only played non UMS a few times, and that was before playing on Battle.net.)
That's still a bit different from what they're doing here. Both players are tied to one base and set of units, but I honestly don't remember that in the original. It has been a long time, I tried searching up team free for all and got nothing.