StarCraft II Collector's Edition: The Unboxing

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
StarCraft II Collector's Edition: The Unboxing

The gorgeous Collectors' Edition of StarCraft II made its way to The Escapist's HQ this morning, so we thought we'd open it up and show you all the goodies inside.

[video=1891]

I have to admit, as someone who was slightly looking forward to StarCraft II, it was a pretty neat surprise to find some weighty packages from Blizzard enter the door at The Escapist HQ this morning. The StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition is big, seriously heavy, and absolutely beautiful.

Even if we can't install the game until midnight tonight, I'm kind of content to just leave this on my desk and stare at it lovingly for the next few hours. But you don't care about that, do you? You just want to watch us taking this baby out of the box. So why are you still reading this? Go on, watch the video! Shoo!

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
In this thread, Kross finds a free copy of Starcraft 2 laying around the office.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kross said:
In this thread, Kross finds a free copy of Starcraft 2 laying around the office.
I will break you and everything that you hold dear.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Sweet, Wolverine showing us what's inside the Starcraft 2 collector's edition!

[sub][sub]I kid, I kid[/sub][/sub]

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Damn you, Funk. Damn you and your funky sideburns.

I really want that art book >_>

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
That looks so good, one of the best collectors edition's I've seen. Too bad I don't care about Starcraft.

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
sigh, i tried to preorder it 2 weeks ago, but unfortunatly i apparently was 3 months late. no collectors edition for me.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Hubilub said:
Sweet, Wolverine showing us what's inside the Starcraft 2 collector's edition!

[sub][sub]I kid, I kid[/sub][/sub]
Oh come on, they're...cute.

Anyway, who has time to be attractive when there's STARCRAFT II to play? Girlfriends everywhere are about to get totally ignored xD

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
You know what the best thing was about this video? Your manly side-burns, that's what. Those must've taken some time to cultivate, call me impressed.

But this vid makes me a bit sad. I was very late to the StarCraft party and as a result I simply suck major donkey nuts at it. I tried it online but...it wasn't pretty. I might eventually finish the single-player, but it's not very, I don't know, it doesn't motivate me very much.

Anyway, when I hear about all the people so very excited by this, and just the simple fact that this is probably the biggest launch this year it saddens me that it all goes past me. I wish I could join in!
Hubilub said:
Jbird said:
Ahhh frák, ninjaed again! If only making my post didn't take so damned long!

Biodisaster

Scourgeling
Jul 1, 2010
Brainst0rm said:
Oh come on, they're...cute.

Anyway, who has time to be attractive when there's STARCRAFT II to play? Girlfriends everywhere are about to get totally ignored xD
You're not a good girlfriend unless you're a gamer anyway.

Xocrates

May 4, 2008
Amazon just emailed me to say mine is on the way. They expect it to arrive around... friday :(

*goes into fetal position mumbling something about "is it here yet?"*

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
Dr Grimoure said:
rileyrulesu said:
sigh, i tried to preorder it 2 weeks ago, but unfortunatly i apparently was 3 months late. no collectors edition for me.
Really? I ordered it Last Friday on Walmart.com. Try seeing if their is any left. Also they might have some in stores if you live in someplace like South Dakota :D
yeah i should've tried walmart, but i like to support my local play n' trade. they better be happy.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
hmmm, I think the game will be enough for me.... Only 11 more hours.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Gah, I regret not getting the Collector's edition now D:

Also, I think the original starcraft is in 640 x 480.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
Looks pretty standard for a Collector's Edition. I'll get this when it drops in price, should be good.