StarCraft's Kerrigan Invades France

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
StarCraft's Kerrigan Invades France

Mon dieu! Zerg rush!

World of Warcraft's subscribers may be down from their peak numbers lately, but the kingpin MMO still has millions of players happily forking over their money every month to developer Blizzard Entertainment. That, of course, is on top of the millions of dollars from 6.3 million copies of Diablo III [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103187-StarCraft-II-Sells-Three-Million-In-a-Month] that sold in its first week on sales.

I mention this so that you have the proper mindset to appreciate the gallery seen here: Blizzard, you have more money than you know what to do with, don't you?

[gallery=728]

These pictures showcase the statue recently installed in front of Blizzard's office in Versailles, France - a statue of StarCraft II villain Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades. Crafted by Steve Wang, the bronze statue features Kerrigan in all her glory, probably ready to yank some poor Marine's spine out through his power armor.

As you can see, the detail here is nothing short of stupendous. It makes a nice counterpart to the 12-foot orc riding a wolf [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90196-Blizzard-Unveils-12-Foot-Orc-Statue-at-Irvine-HQ] outside Blizzard's main office in Irvine, California, too.

My one quibble is with the material used to make the statue. Every StarCraft II player knows that the Bronze league is for chumps. I demand a Kerrigan statue carved out of solid Diamond, Blizzard! C'mon, you can afford it.

Source: Facebook [https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150984239467457.472964.178337772456&type=1(Its]

Sean951

Mar 30, 2011
antipunt said:
how do these things not get vandalized like crazy??

*uses imagination*
Aside from the insane security I assume Blizzard HQ would have, probably awesomeness. Would you want to vandalize something as awesome as the Orc or Kerrigan?

Azex

Jan 17, 2011
The way nintendo rule the hearts of a once young console generation, Blizz rules hearts of once young pc gamers. This statue and the one of the orc in the link make me smile, can't wait to see the diablo one turning up :D

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Sean951 said:
Would you want to vandalize something as awesome as the Orc or Kerrigan?

I...*snrk*

OK, I almost went somewhere, but then decided against it. Hooo boy, my mind is ruined, dirty, and foul; stay away from me, pure souls!

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
I actually liked her original design a lot more than her Starcraft 2 design. This one is way too pretty'd up and sexualized which I guess is the way you have to go nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
One day, in the far, far future, some poor historian and/or archaeologist is going to find this statue and think it's a god of our primitive, backwards culture.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
HalfTangible said:
One day, in the far, far future, some poor historian and/or archaeologist is going to find this statue and think it's a god of our primitive, backwards culture.
Wait... you mean she ISN'T?! Then why the hell have I been making blood sacrifices to my collector's edition of Starcraft 2?

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Man, I wish I had enough money to just casually build a statue of me without having to worry about the costs at all.

Leemaster777 said:
HalfTangible said:
Wait... you mean she ISN'T?! Then why the hell have I been making blood sacrifices to my collector's edition of Starcraft 2?
Don't listen to these heretics! Continue you're blood sacrifices to our goddess, it will please her and then she'll crush all your foes!

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
This is one awesomely detailed statue... but

Clive Howlitzer said:
I actually liked her original design a lot more than her Starcraft 2 design. This one is way too pretty'd up and sexualized which I guess is the way you have to go nowadays but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
Her posture is something I would expect from a WoW Succubus, but I haven't played SC2 so I don't know if Kerrigans behaviour fits that statue.
I just never perceived her as being that kind of a serene, seductive angel of death like the statue suggests.

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Clive Howlitzer said:
Indeed. Apparently high heels are the pinnacle of evolution nowadays and are excellent to fight on.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Clive Howlitzer said:
Just be greatful they didn't do that to the Orc.

Also, the artist's name is 'Wang'. Heh heh heh.

SuperNova221

May 29, 2010
Can't help but feel that Zeratul would've been much cooler, and easier to make. But I can't really blame Blizz for not wanting a DT in their base.

HalfTangible

Apr 13, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
HalfTangible said:
Because she is not a god. SHE IS AN OVERGOD!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!