Stargate Worlds Is Still Alive

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Stargate Worlds Is Still Alive

Contrary to what Stargate executive producer Brad Wright has or hasn't heard, Stargate Worlds is still very much alive and kicking.

"It's a shame. If it doesn't happen - and, let's be honest, it should be happening now if it was happening," Stargate executive producer Stargate Worlds [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90713-Stargate-Producer-Calls-Stargate-Worlds-a-Waste][/I], an MMOG based on the Stargate TV franchises that's been in development since 2005. Well, turns out Wright was just out of the loop. Stargate Worlds is happening, and it is happening now.

"Our official response is that the lights here are still on and the development team is working hard every day to get this game built," Kevin Balentine, senior marketing manager for the game, said. "Team members are in the office seven days a week to deliver Stargate Worlds."

The Worlds team had not updated Wright on the progress of the game or how the economic situation had impacted the project recently, leading Wright to be "not fully aware of the continuing progress" on the game.

Wright may have rightfully assumed that the project was dead in the water, because, as Balantine admits, it has been "significantly impacted by the greatest worldwide economic downturn in decades." Nevertheless, according to Balantine, the game has enough money behind it to keep development going and has more money coming down the line.

"We are currently negotiating several deals that will cover our financial responsibilities and fund the remainder of development," Balantine said. "Until then, we'll keep building Stargate Worlds, because right now, that's the only thing that matters to us."

Simon Hadow

Mar 12, 2009
DamienHell said:
You go guys! I need this game like a fat kid needs candy.
in a way that, over time will lead to you're ultimate demise caused by heart failure and clogged arteries?

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Good to know, I'm glad. I just hope they won't have to kick the game out the door riddled with bugs because of time/financial constraints now.

Banaticus

Jan 26, 2008
It's not legally alive if it hasn't launched yet. We usually call this a "fetus". I'm personally against abortion, understand? ;)

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Here! Here! I get it!
'Cause that's what the Stargate is supposed to be, no? Right? An Event Horizon? Am I right? Eh?