Steam Christmas gifts. What did you get?

AWOL

Jun 22, 2010
Amax29 said:
4 pieces of coal and 50% off a Valve game, :( *sniff* just want to win one free game, but nope; more coal.
You and me are in the exact same position. Sad times.

On a different note, I'd give someone my 50% Valve coupon if they could pick me up Torchlight. It's on sale for only $3.74, but I quite literally have no money to spend because I'm going abroad next semester.

Oh, the woes of college life!

Gali

Nov 19, 2009
Half Life 2 (I already own a copy) and a racing game I've never heard of. Well, at least something to trade with.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Does anyone know if the stuff you get from combining seven coals is any good?

I have five coals right now, and I want to know if I should combine them or stockpile them.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
So far got 2 pieces of coal, 50% off Valve, 25% off Telltale Games, 50% Rockstar Games and 50% off Global Ops: Commando Libya.

My big problem with the voucher system they have going is so far it's been not worth getting. The vouchers usually work on a basis of giving you a discount after the Christmas sales that is worse than the Christmas sale discount. You also can't use this on games that haven't been released yet. There's just no reason for them.

ohnoitsabear said:
Does anyone know if the stuff you get from combining seven coals is any good?

I have five coals right now, and I want to know if I should combine them or stockpile them.
I combined seven and got the 50% off Global Ops: Commando Libya. You can pretty much imagine my disappointment.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
50% off a valve title... Thanks Gabe... You really shouldn't have... (before I seem like an ungrateful tosspot, I already own most of the Valve library, and those I don't I can't really see myself buying anytime soon.)

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Coal! lots and lots of coal ._. All I want is anno 2070, coupon or the game itself, is that so much to ask? ):

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
2 coal, so far, and a 25% off valve token. I already own all your games, Valve! Oh well, hope I can get more. Can't right now, because, and I'm ashamed about it, but I'm on vacation, while on the Escapist. Did all I could without my Steam games for now.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
50% off a Valve game and 50% off the Monkey Island games. WHICH I must point out that Monkey island is not even spelled correctly on the fucking coupon.

Wow. Simply wow.

God damn it I want to be gifted something GOOD.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Coupon for 33% of any Valve game, coupon for 75% off CoD4...which is useless since I've had CoD4 for years, 1 coal and Evil Genius, which I probably won't bother installing.

ThisJustin

Mar 17, 2011
I crafted 7 coal and got a 50% off Virtua Tennis. Yay! The kicker is I traded VVVVVV for 3 coal to do it. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
50% off Valve coupon and some coal.

Oh well, no big deal. As far as I'm concerned, the sale's main purpose is letting me buy stuff for people anyway.

Sep 9, 2007
I've got a 50% Off any valve game and a 50% off Reccetear: An Item Shop's Tale, as well as some coal. I'm looking to trade the vouchers (Got all the valve games I want and I already own Reccetear)

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
So far I have two lumps of coal, a 50% off Valve coupon, a 50% off the game Dogfighter or something, and 10% off Konami.

So, to sum up my feelings.

I got a rock.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I'm so jealous of the guys who got free games, I have a 50% off coupon and 2 lumps of cold. Although someone with gave me the new Humble Bundle (With all the trimmings!), so I got all those on Steam!

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
Half-life 2......and a 50% off voucher for serious Sam: 2nd encounter.

Meh, Half-life is cool, though serious Sam? really?...