Steam Database Leak Reveals FFX/X-2 PC Release, Half-Life 3

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Steam Database Leak Reveals FFX/X-2 PC Release, Half-Life 3

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/860/860972.jpg
Yes, Half-Life 3 was part of the leak. No, we still don't expect it to actually come out any time soon.

The NeoGAF [https://steamdb.info/] have discovered a massive leak of upcoming titles, including formerly console exclusives like Final Fantasy X, and of course, everyone's favorite vaporware: Half-Life 3.

Here are the most interesting titles to have been leaked:

Half-Life 3
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy VI
Bad Rats Show
FlatOut 4
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Little King's Story
STEINS;GATE
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Sonic Boom
Earth Defence Force 4.1
Criminal Girls
Stranger of Sword City
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Obviously no-one actually believes that Half-Life 3 will be released any time soon (or ever) but some of the other titles are quite interesting, and fairly plausible. We have reached out to the respective developers for comment.

Source: NeoGAF [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151748]

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Wow, you really gave Half-Life 3 second billing to that? The sequel to the game whose protagonist was famous for being a squeakier Meg Ryan with a laugh that sounds like crow fellatio?

Whatever, this sucks, I don't give a f- oooh, Sonic Boom's in there!

Jan 27, 2011
FF10? Neat!

Wait, what's that at the end of...

D-d-danganronpa?! :D SWEEEET, if it's the games I think they are, I will be all over it. I hear nothing but good stuff about those games.

Half life 3? Pffft. HL2 was overrated as hell. Not a bad game by any means, but still overrated.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
Half Life 3? I swear they have the words Half Life 3 everywhere just to troll people who go looking through their data bases. FFX/X2, would be a great if they could port that to the pc, I mean I dont like the games, but I feel as though a PC port of them is well over due

Apart from that there doesn't seem to be anything else of note..... hang on is that final fantasy 6? Ok now im interested

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Flatout 4, you say? Ooh la de da doola! That may be worth a sneaky peek into.

Keep the faith with HL3!

*~--~*

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
The more this stretches out, the more I'm convinced Half-Life 3 will underwhelm a lot of people. Unless Valve manages to strike the gold mine in terms of new mechanics or genre-redefining innovations, I don't see how the game could be anything more than "That Damn Second Sequel We Were Suckered into Waiting For".

I'm pretty sure database managers for Valve just type up the entries, then stop and chortle in their beards. Then, all the while stifling back the worst case of Urkel Laughter, they add "Half-Life 3".

"Best troll ever!" says Database Guy, while the head of HR at Valve has probably given up ages ago and just sighs in commiseration whenever he spots a mention.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Stiens:Gate isnt really a surprise with Sekai Project bringing over other top tier VN's like Clannad and Grisaia as well.

EDF 4.1 though...

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Yeah I'll believe Half Life 3 is coming out when it hits shelves.
And even then, it'll sink faster than Duke Nukem did.

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
gigastar said:
Stiens:Gate isnt really a surprise with Sekai Project bringing over other top tier VN's like Clannad and Grisaia as well.

EDF 4.1 though...

EDF could be awesome on PC. Maybe we will get mods.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Eh, the most over-hyped FF out there is finally coming to Steam? I don't care, but if that excites anyone else, cool. I would really enjoy a port of FFXII though, so get on that.

The fact that HL3 is on there makes me think the entire list is fake though.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
At this point I'll only believe Half-Life 3 is even in development when it's been out for a year and changed the direction of AAA First Person Shooters already.

Broslinger

Jul 4, 2015
Half Life 3 isn't vaporware. It hasn't been announced. It's just a bunch of people who won't shut up about it.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Barbas said:
Wow, you really gave Half-Life 3 second billing to that? The sequel to the game whose protagonist was famous for being a squeakier Meg Ryan with a laugh that sounds like crow fellatio?

Whatever, this sucks, I don't give a f- oooh, Sonic Boom's in there!
Which just goes to show that you have no taste! :D

AidoZonkey said:
Apart from that there doesn't seem to be anything else of note..... hang on is that final fantasy 6? Ok now im interested
Don't get too excited. It's expected to be the same as 4, 4:TAY, and 5. Aka the crummy iOS port.

Baresark said:
Eh, the most over-hyped FF out there is finally coming to Steam?
What are you talking about? FF7's been on Steam for years now.

Aerosteam said:
Is that a fucking Bad Rats sequel I see on the list?
I guess all those people getting it as a gag helped it out enough for a sequel.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I hope Danganronpa games come soon.
I had plans to buy a PSVita just for these games.....mostly.
.....yeah I want to play other games as well...

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
Aerosteam said:
Is that a fucking Bad Rats sequel I see on the list?
There was an announcement trailer late last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ApOFe9ODZY