Steam Game Festival Previews

Nick Calandra

Editor-in-Chief of The Escapist
Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Figured I'd share these here as we're checking out a lot of the interesting games in Steam's Game Festival. We'll have quick previews out for a bunch of them over the coming week or so, so I'll continue to update this thread with more as they come in.

Iron Harvest

Raji: An Ancient Epic

Hrot

Unto the End

Grounded

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Figured I'd share these here as we're checking out a lot of the interesting games in Steam's Game Festival. We'll have quick previews out for a bunch of them over the coming week or so, so I'll continue to update this thread with more as they come in.

Iron Harvest

Unto the End
I have Iron Harvest on my Steam wishlist but I totally didn't know there was a demo (which seems to be taken down already). I've never really played more than like an hour of any RTS and would've loved to try it for free. I really like the fact that Iron Harvest seems like it'll be more strategy than skill in mouse clicking with smaller numbers of units. And, yeah, Iron Harvest looks to be an RTS version of Scythe.

Unto the End actually sounds like what I imaged Dark Souls to be from how gamers would describe it. I went into thinking Dark Souls was going to be a game where every action I took would need to be calculated and I would have to analyze enemy animations to find openings; nope, just dodge or block and mash R1 is really all you have to do.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I was disappointed with Iron Harvest, it felt like Company of Heroes which I love but it felt like a cheap version of it.

The ones I played that I really liked and am probably going to get at launch are.
and

The ones I'm keeping an eye on are.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/401760/Drone_Swarm/

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I have Iron Harvest on my Steam wishlist but I totally didn't know there was a demo (which seems to be taken down already). I've never really played more than like an hour of any RTS and would've loved to try it for free. I really like the fact that Iron Harvest seems like it'll be more strategy than skill in mouse clicking with smaller numbers of units. And, yeah, Iron Harvest looks to be an RTS version of Scythe.
If you want to play something that plays very similar to Iron Harvest then you should try Dawn of War 2 or either Company of Heroes games. They both have similar playstyles, Company of Heroes moreso. Although Iron Harvest felt like a cheap version of CoH, maybe they can get that sorted by launch.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I haven't beaten the demo of Unto the End because the enemies are murdering the shit out of me and I suck at the combat system but I'm intrigued and I'll give it another go tonight or tomorrow. It kinda reminds me of the old (also punishing)game Another World/Out of this World but with a fully developed combat system.

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Latest few

Iron Oath

Industria

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Industria looks pretty interesting. Hopefully it can deliver on the story ambitions that the Bioshocks never really could. Both the 1st Bioshock and Infinite have some great story parts and ideas but both don't really tell an overall even good story.

Nick Calandra

Escapist +
Mar 13, 2020
Country
USA
Omno

There Is No Light

Earthbreakers