Steam Holiday Sale Kicks Off

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
I... What... What can I do?! I wanna get 3DS games, like ace attorney, but the steam sales.

OH! Rising revengeance... 33% off... on a pre order... oh no... AND stanley parable.

Someone, rescue my wallet from my clutches... Someone... SoS!

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Good thing I've been out of buying new games for a good while now. I just bought Typing of the Dead, but aside from that, it's unlikely something'll grab my interest.

The famous last words...

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Meh. honestly my wallet isn't gonna take as much of a beating this year. At this point I'm mostly just saving for all the amazing games coming Q1 2014 (Watch dogs, Dark Souls 2, Reaper of Souls, Transistor, ect.)

Ninja_Bob117

May 7, 2013
I can now confirm that steams item server is overloaded/crashed from people trading millions of cards

Infernal Lawyer

Jan 28, 2013
"BioShock Infinite is ten bucks!"

No it isn't! It's $19! You're wrong, you're wrong, you're-...!

Oh, right. I live in New Zealand. Fucking greedy publishers overcharging us for no goddamn good reason.

Am I bitter? Well, maybe, yes, a little. Oh well.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Only somewhat interested in Metal Gear (although I can wait for it to be at 75% off later on next year) and interested on a bunch of games that never seem to go lower then 50% like Brothers in Arms, Battlefield 2, Doom Collection, Quake Collection, etc...

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
Aaaaand I popped... Bought the Bioshock 3 pack and Dishonored game of the year edition ;D
I'm eyeing Monico too.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
.....I have been unemployed for 2 years.
I got a job about 3 weeks ago.
I got my first paycheck today.
Steam Winter Sale.
GODDAMMIT GABEN!!!!

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
I hate to be that guy, while the steam sale is a good thing, and a great tradition, this article seems a bit... advertisementish, I feel like a grinch, but its the truth. There is not really that much to debate, besides pondering our purchases.

Speaking of which I might get Outlast and see if it is as good as it looks.

Mhmh

Oct 12, 2012
Is it just me or Amazon has better deals on games these days than Steam does. Gotten lots of great stuff there for only a few bucks. Right now there is Europa Universalis IV for 10 bucks that I will be probably buying, while Steam...noting spetacular so far.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Yopaz said:
shiajun said:
Wait, Bioshock Infinite was there for 10 bucks? I only see $15. Is that other one over so fast?
Different countries means different prices. It's 7.50 Euro here which is about the same as 10 USD.

OT: I'm going to be strong this year and not buy anything. It will take all of my strength and then some.
It's 20USD here in AUS which is about the same as... 20USD.

Double the price... yay... Don't think I'll buy shit form companies that overprice Australia "just coz"

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I don't know, I kinda got all the games that I can get for my Mac. Kind of the curse of-WHEN DID THE STANLEY PARABLE GET A PORT!?

Crazy Zaul said:
And it looks like its gonna another one full of shitty 33% and 50% offs like the autumn sale.
Space Hulk 66% off, Monaco 80% off, Dead Island 75% off, Bioshock Infinite 75% off, Dishonered 75% off. That's over half of the dailies right there. And with two 75% offs in the flash, along with an 85% off and a 90% off.

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
Worgen said:
Somehow this seems appropriate for this situation.

I'm not sure how much Ill be spending on the steam sale this year since I just got a Wii U, depends how much on my wish list goes on sale.
Getting a WiiU is a great reason to spend MORE money on the Steam sale, given the dearth of titles available for the WiiU.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Despite having barely any money after getting Christmas presents, all three Bioshock games for $22.50 AUD was far too good to pass up.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Amir Kondori said:
Worgen said:
Somehow this seems appropriate for this situation.

I'm not sure how much Ill be spending on the steam sale this year since I just got a Wii U, depends how much on my wish list goes on sale.
Getting a WiiU is a great reason to spend MORE money on the Steam sale, given the dearth of titles available for the WiiU.
Wonderful 101 is pretty awesome, plus it came with the new mario brothers, which is also awesome. There is also Rayman legends, which I know is on the pc but its got uplay so blegh.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Bug MuIdoon said:
Just thought I'd point out that that they do not get you free games.

They get you free in-games items. e.g Hat's for TF2 and Weapons for Dota 2.
This is correct, and thanks for pointing it out. Post has been updated appropriately.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
shiajun said:
Wait, Bioshock Infinite was there for 10 bucks? I only see $15. Is that other one over so fast?
It's still $10, the triple pack which is all three games is $15.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
CpT_x_Killsteal said:
Yopaz said:
shiajun said:
Different countries means different prices. It's 7.50 Euro here which is about the same as 10 USD.

OT: I'm going to be strong this year and not buy anything. It will take all of my strength and then some.
It's 20USD here in AUS which is about the same as... 20USD.

Double the price... yay... Don't think I'll buy shit form companies that overprice Australia "just coz"
It's not "just coz" it's actually about the legal process around distribution and licensing. That's why games in Australia are generally really fucking expensive compared to pretty much anywhere else. I don't know enough about the law and not enough about the specifics about Australian law to explain this properly, but Valve doesn't really have a say in this.