Steam Promotion Saves Introversion From Death

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
So any word on Valve buying the rights for the games that this company makes so they can re-release with the Sorce engine? Sorry but although this is a good story I'm sure Valve didnt just do this for publicity.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
A lot of there games are really cool, but they are definitely very indie. It's good to know they haven't closed.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Wow... Introversion is among my favourite developers, and I was not aware that they had been falling on such hard times, boy am I glad that I bought the Introversion Anthology on Steam, even though I already owned Uplink and DEFCON. Good to see that they are back though, I will be immensely disappointed if Subversion is never released.

Rallion

Aug 10, 2009
Introversion is one of my favorite developers, without question. Probably my absolute favorite indie developer.

If they had closed down, It would have truly made me very sad.

They're probably the only company that I essentially evangelize for, constantly telling my friends that they should buy their games. Sometimes, they do, but only because they are available on Steam. I'm so, so glad for what Steam has done for indie devs.

Also, I would love an Uplink 2. I would love it, like, a lot.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Oh nice. I actually bought their pack from Steam last sale they had. Really happy to hear it was worth it for them too.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
So... Valve has such a hard on for achievements that it can be used as a bargaining chip? Did they have a hot girl in a wet T-shirt sell this deal?

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
I bought their pack too. My favorite game of the bunch was definitely Uplink. Great concept.

I didn't even realize that they were in this much trouble.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Liquidcathedral said:
Frequen-Z said:
I love this story, it's an absolute treat to hear about the small guys catching a break with a little help from the big guys.

I tried the DEFCON demo recently, and couldn't get along with it, but good on Introversion anyway :D
bro, i doubt it was as noble as it seems. moar money for big vidya game company, bro, they're a business not a charity, bro.
You forget that this is the same industry where a company like Activision would have sued Introvision into oblivion, ran them out of business, then tossed the IP rights into a big vault never to be seen again. Valve may have gotten some equal gain out of the deal, but the point is that they found a way to profit that also helped the little guy rather than running them out of business.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
I always wanted to give Darwinia and Multiwinia a try, though when ever I check the steam forums I see that no one really plays it anymore. It's a shame since the games look pretty entertaining. Kinda holds one back from buying when there just isn't a player base behind it still.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Skizle said:
So any word on Valve buying the rights for the games that this company makes so they can re-release with the Sorce engine? Sorry but although this is a good story I'm sure Valve didnt just do this for publicity.
They did it because they get a cut of the sales.