Steam Sale 2012 - What games emptied your wallet?

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Civ 5 is back on sale and I can't get it. If I do I won't have enough for Just cause 2 when/if it goes on sale...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
...Wallet was already empty. A nice friend took pity on me and bought me Trine.

My friends are very lovely people. :)

Really enjoying Trine.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Solo-Wing said:
Thinking of getting Dear Esther... It any good?
It's not a game. It's basically a book in the way that pressing W is turning a page. There's no gameplay, the only determining factor is if you keep pressing W. No puzzles, platforming of anything. So if you're expecting a story based game, then you've got the wrong idea. It's a picture that you can move around in. IDK why it's on steam, I wouldn't classify it as a game.
You could still like it though, just have the right idea going in as to what it is.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
Only Fallout:NV and The Walking Dead so far.
I'm totally drooling over that rockstar pack, though...

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
I've only gotten Dark Messiah, Knights of the Old Republic, and Fable: The Lost Chapters for $2.5 each.

Honestly, I've just run out of things I'm interested in to buy. 158 games is more than enough.

PortalThinker113

Jul 13, 2010
So far...

The Binding of Isaac Complete Set- $2.23
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition- $10.00
Civilization V GOTY- $12.50

And we have only just begun... Still waiting on Just Cause 2 (REALLY wanted it to win that poll) and Spec Ops: The Line. Some other games might also steal my attention...

Edit: Anddddd Just Cause 2 is currently $3.74. MINE!

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Half Life: $5
Bioshock: $10
KOTOR: $6
Binding of Isaac: $2.50
Audiosurf: $2.50

It would have been longer but my friends brought me several games for a birthday a couple of months ago. Pretty good haul although now it means even more games to get around to, I think my list is up to 20 now (damn you Bethesda and your awesome games!)

Simon Pettersson

Apr 4, 2010
Jagged Alliance: Back in action and Tropico 4 + Modern Times

I don´t have any money because I have just had vacation, and am going on another vacation next week.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Q.U.B.E
Half-Life 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Knights of the Old Republic
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Beat Hazard
Orcs Must Die

All for a total under $60. I fucking love Steam

May 5, 2010
So far, I've just bought Portal 2 for five bucks, mainly so that I make test chambers. (I already have it on Xbox) Sadly, there isn't much in the way of games for a Mac owner.

Oh, shut the hell up. My parents got it for me as a Christmas present. Sorry I'm not detestable enough to complain about it.

EDIT: Now I've got Civ V for another five bucks (or something like that) and Knights of the Old Republic for 2.49. I've got my eye on Driver: San Fransisco as well, but I'm not sure if it's worth 20 bucks or not. Anyone know if it's any good?

Aaaaaand now I've got Team Fortress 2. For free. I guess now I'll see what all the fuss is about.

Edit: Oh for the sake of fuck. Just bought Driver: San Fransisco for 30% off, and now the "Recent News" section in my library is telling me that today(the 17th) it'll be 75% off. The price hasn't actually changed but...It probably will.

Gah. I am not happy right now.

Dsaprox

Apr 1, 2010
Payday: The heist
Skyrim
Republic commando
Hitman Blood Money
A bunch of DLC for killing floor

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
GAH! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONVINCE ME TO NOT BUY METRO 2033?

I NEED TO SELF-CONTROL. KTHXBAI.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Oddly I bought 2 games I already own. KoToR and Fable TLC. Wanted both because Im thinking the resolutions can be made better with the PC versions.

Beyond that, bought Dead Island, An extra copy of Binding of Issac, and Metro 2033. Honestly that is more than enough for me because my backlog is too extensive, and steam didnt help this summer by not having a daily contest. Thats why I bought all the little indie games over the year. Specifically to play them during contest times.

btw anyone have experience getting Dead Island to run on multi monitor rigs?

Edit: Preloaded 15$ at the begining of the month in anticipation of the sale. Have spent that, and roughly 5.50 over that, so 20$ give or take and I got everything I had intended to get plus some.

lacktheknack said:
GAH! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONVINCE ME TO NOT BUY METRO 2033?

I NEED TO SELF-CONTROL. KTHXBAI.

You should totally buy metro 2033. THQ would really love you if you did.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
just darksiders for 5 bucks and trine 2 for 3.75 - its easy when you have almost nothing on your wishlist and your almost broke.

9thRequiem

Sep 21, 2010
The Good :
- Saint's Row 3 + all DLC. I already have this for Xbox, but it's still awesome.
- Portal 1 + 2. I already have these; haven't played on PC yet.
- Total War Mega Pack. Not yet played, but it's on the ToDo list ...

The Bad :
- Full Cyan pack, for Myst. Sadly, turns out to crash often and have bugs.
- Full Ubisoft pack, mainly for From Dust, AC and Beyond Good & Evil. UPlay being down stopped me playing the first two, the latter I've yet to get to.

Just annoyed that I bought Civ 5 a couple of weeks ago, then it dropped to a fraction of it's price in the sale ...

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
So far I bought:
Half Life Source
The Witcher 2 (12 hours in now so good)
Fable 3
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Serious Sam 3: BFE

I always spend too much on those sales, this time I saved up a bit, so my bank account doesn't look too sad at the end of the month.

EDIT: Also I got in the DOTA2 Beta, but I don't know if that counts