Steam Sale 2012 - What games emptied your wallet?

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
So Far.

Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felgana
Fortune Summoners
Terraia
The Binding of Isaac
Cave Story+
PainKiller Black

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
The two latest Telltale Games games; Jurassic Park and The Walking Dead. As a point'n'click adventure fan I'd been meaning to pick them up as soon as they went cheap.

Damn it steam, I have no money as it is!

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Oh my dear stars and garters I am an addict. Just got Amnesia $4.99 and Fallout New Vegas with 4 expansion paks, $9.99. A day or 2 ago, they were $9.99 and $24.99 respectively, on sale. I couldn't freakin resist. I got Witcher Enhanced for $15.99 for good measure. They should lock me up.

That should do it for another year. I hope.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Damn sneaky Steam bastards! For the first day, I was smiling, I already owned everything interesting that was on sale, everything looked great. I thought my wallet was safe... how utterly foolish of me. Today, I wake up to find LA Noir on sale. Well, it's probably the only thing I'll buy, I thought, so I went for the complete edition. Then I found Fallout New Vegas... oh, and there's a version with all DLC! Oookay, but that's the last thing. Seconds later... i notice that entire Total War series is on sale, I'm a fan of RTS games, and I haven't played any of Total War games...
and it's just the beginning.......

KIIIIIILLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Clinky

Jan 5, 2012
Aaaand I am out. Left 4 Dead 2 was the final nail in my steam wallet's coffin. The only games I could POSSIBLY buy now are ones that fall below 1.00 and and as great as the sales are... I don't think they're going to be THAT great. But I got a nice roster of games to play which have been pretty awesome in their test runs so far.

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
I have been rather bad with buying games.
I bought over this summer sale:
Arma 2 (both games, pretty much for the Day Z mod)
Alan Wake bundle
Carpe Fulgur Collection
Cave Story +
E.Y.E Divine of Cybermancy
Hard Reset
Heretic
Hexen games
Max Payne 1 and 2
Orcs must Die
Payday: The Heist
Plants vs Zombies
S.T.A.L.K.E.R series

I am a horrible person D:

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
I'm kinda silly.

I bought STALKER: SoC. I already own a physical copy, but I hate having to reinstall it and then download the patches, so I opted to get it for Steam for convenience's sake.

Otherwise, I just a bought a gift for my friend (BIT.TRIP RUNNER) cause he was nice enough to get me the Cthulu Saves the World Double Pack.

Otherwise, the games I really want (Dark Souls for PC, and Skullgirls) don't come out for Steam until later (Dark Souls is out for pre-order though).

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
I've only bought Total War Mega Pack so far for 12.49?. Little fun though, because I bought Rome Total War for 6? on a sale in my local GameStop, so now I have a physical and a digital copy of the game. It's also fun, because 3 days after I bought Rome on GameStop, Rome 2 was announced. Best timing evars.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I just got Dear Esther and The Witcher 2 for a total of $20.98.
First thing I've gotten in days.
Previous purchases:
Serious Sam: Legend of the Beast - $1.69
Dark Souls - $39.99
Space Marine complete - $14.99
Serious Sam 2 - $3.39
Painkiller complete - $14.99
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $2.49
Crysis Complete - $21.49
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC - $8.99
Wizorb - $1.79
Fortune Summoners - $9.99
Dead Space 2 - $29.99
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition - $19.99
Thief II - $5.99
Thief Gold -5.99
Torchlight II - $19.99
Total: $202.35
Wow, half as much as I spent last year...
No games tempting my anymore, really.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
It's been up and down for wanting stuff for me. I got:

Borderlands
Sonic Generations
Thief Gold
Thief 2
Thief Deadly Shadows

No idea how much I spent, but it's more than I should be spending!

Zaleznikel

Sep 3, 2008
Lotsa Fallout on sale today. I'm wondering: as someone who didn't enjoy Fallout 3 that much might I be interested in NV?

I liked parts of F3, but overall I had no desire to explore because the locales did not seem that... interesting. Like there were a few cool places to discover, the creepy cannibal town, that haunted office building, I liked the "suburbia" part of the main quest. But I felt a lotta "same old stuff." Combat was ok, but that's never really a draw for me. Don't care about graphics, I like story.

Also, recommendations on Fable: The Lost Chapters? It's $5.99 right now, I bet it'll come on a flash sale for cheaper. Worth it @ $5.99? Cheaper? Not at all?

bchampnd

Apr 12, 2011
I am in the process of building my first gaming PC - and by that I mean I've ordered the parts - so decided that if I'm blowing a ton of money on hardware I might as well get some software to play on it. Here's what I've picked up (all prices in USD):

Darksiders - 4.99
Terraria - 2.49
Cavestory+ - 2.49
Torchlight - 3.74
Binding of Isaac (+ DLC) - 2.23
Left 4 Dead 2 - 4.99
Plants vs. Zombies - 2.49
Railworks 3 - Haulin' USA Pack - 7.19
Saints Row the Third Franchise Pack - 24.99
Batman Franchise - 24.99 (I haven't played Arkham Asylum or City and I figured I should at least get one game with nice graphics so I splurged on this one even though it's probably not the greatest deal and have no interest in Gotham City Imposters)

I think that's probably it for me for the sale. Tried to be somewhat responsible and just get some of the older games / indie titles (I bought the Humble Bundle with Bastion, Braid, Limbo, Super Meat Boy,... back in March) I wanted to play but didn't get around to yet.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
I can't believe people voted for Dead Island over Shogun 2 or even Space Marine. Madness, I tell you.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I don't feel like editing a previous post

my Steam Summer Sale game tally(and how I got them) is now:
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb DLC(purchase)
Alan Wake Franchise(purchase)
LA Noire Complete(trade)
Bastion(gift)
Stacking(purchase)
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale(trade)
Hector: Badge of Carnage (trade)
2 x Super Monday Night Combat - Turbocross Bundle(trade)
Fallout 3 GOTY(trade)

also purchased a copy of Shatter to gift to the guy that gave me Bastion

I think I spent around $16
and I think I'm done ... unless a deal I can't refuse shows up of course

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Oh jeez, I'm having such a hard time deciding what to buy. I've got $20 dollars, and have only bought Fallout 3:GoTY.

Can someone look at my wishlist and help my indecisive brain out?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/neonsword13_ops/wishlist

*Just a warning: My computer has a pretty low-end card and I can't really play any graphically intense games released in the past few years. I can play anything that came before F3*

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Zaleznikel said:
Lotsa Fallout on sale today. I'm wondering: as someone who didn't enjoy Fallout 3 that much might I be interested in NV?

I liked parts of F3, but overall I had no desire to explore because the locales did not seem that... interesting. Like there were a few cool places to discover, the creepy cannibal town, that haunted office building, I liked the "suburbia" part of the main quest. But I felt a lotta "same old stuff." Combat was ok, but that's never really a draw for me. Don't care about graphics, I like story.

Also, recommendations on Fable: The Lost Chapters? It's $5.99 right now, I bet it'll come on a flash sale for cheaper. Worth it @ $5.99? Cheaper? Not at all?
I really enjoyed both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. The story is a pretty straight forward revenge story until the last chunk where it jumps the rails into a choose your ending scenario but the best set pieces in NV are in the dlc so if you want the best out of it you should get the ultimate edition. The combat is roughly the same although there is the addition of the ability to mod some weapons and many melee/unarmed class weapons have special attacks in VATS based on your skills. Graphics are roughly the same since I think it uses the same engine.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
So far I bought,

-Half life (1) pack
-E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy, heard mixed reviews about this but for less than £1.80 its worth a try
-Witcher pack, includes directors cut of the first game and enhanced edition of the second.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
Oh jeez, I'm having such a hard time deciding what to buy. I've got $20 dollars, and have only bought Fallout 3:GoTY.

Can someone look at my wishlist and help my indecisive brain out?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/neonsword13_ops/wishlist

*Just a warning: My computer has a pretty low-end card and I can't really play any graphically intense games released in the past few years. I can play anything that came before F3*
The obvious one that I see is that you should pick up Recettear while it is still on sale for 75% off. Also the Stalker games are 75% off.

my suggestion if you're spending money is to not buy anything unless it is on a daily sale or a flash sale and if you've already missed when it was on sale this year all you should do is hope they put it back on sale before the end in a flash sale or community vote or start saving up for the fall sales

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
- Cave Story +
- Dear Esther
- Deus Ex: HR
- Fallout: NV Ultimate Edition (birthday gift for a friend)
- Hydrophobia: Prophecy
- Metro 2033
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Ys Origin
- Ys: The Oath in Felghana

I can't remember individual prices off the top of my head, but the total comes to around $55 U.S. I think I've reached a good stopping point, especially since my current computer can't run some of those games so well. I might have to upgrade sometime.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
SomebodyNowhere said:
The obvious one that I see is that you should pick up Recettear while it is still on sale for 75% off. Also the Stalker games are 75% off.

my suggestion if you're spending money is to not buy anything unless it is on a daily sale or a flash sale and if you've already missed when it was on sale this year all you should do is hope they put it back on sale before the end in a flash sale or community vote or start saving up for the fall sales
Recettear? Alrighty then! I've been eyeballin' that one for a while now.

Yeah, I planned on not spending any money unless of daily or flash sales.

Hence, why I purchased F3:GoTY and soon to be New Vegas. I've already played both games on consoles and decided to see what could be done with mods.

So after that... I'll have $10.

Got any more suggestions?