Steam summer sale, help, help, help!

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Ok so the title was maybe a little dramatic >.<

So, I'm kind of new to gaming on the Pc, and wish to take advantage of the summer sale. I was recently given a copy of Sims 3 and installed it (which in the process made me create an Origin account, and play it through there) Now I really want to buy some tasty, tasty, dlc for that through the steam sale. But because I'm not exactly bright I have no idea how this works.

1) If I have the Sims 3 on origin, but buy expansion packs through steam, can I play those expansion packs with my copy of Sims 3?

2) If not can I move my copy of Sims 3 over to Steam, if so then how?

3)If not that, is there any way I can buy expansion packs off steam, and play them on Origin

Hope someone can help me >.<

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
You can not transfer games from Origin to Steam, but you can from Steam to Origin. Other than that I can't give you info I'd be comfortable putting money on. I can't remember when I bought my expansions if they gave me codes to transfer, I think they just auto-installed. You might have better luck on the steam or Sims forums than here.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Elfgore said:
You can not transfer games from Origin to Steam, but you can from Steam to Origin. Other than that I can't give you info I'd be comfortable putting money on. I can't remember when I bought my expansions if they gave me codes to transfer, I think they just auto-installed. You might have better luck on the steam or Sims forums than here.
:S Yeah I'm considering just buying one of the Sims bundles they're doing on steam at the minute...I mean I didn't actually pay for Sims 3 anyway so bleh

Ah well, thanks for the help though pall, really appreciate it ^^

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
You can apply the CD Key from Steam games to your Origin account. I can't be sure that you'll be able to find the CD Key without owning Sims 3 proper, but otherwise you'll be fine. I added all of my keys to my Origin account when I got it.