Steam Summer Sale: What did you buy?

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
Well, what have you purchased this sale?

Me?

Alan Wake Franchise
Basement Collection
Bastion
Binding of Isaac w/ DLC
Castle Crashers w/ DLC
Cave Story+
Deus Ex: Human Revolution w/ DLC
Dishonored w/ DLC
Dungeons of Dredmor w/ DLC
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Faerie Solitaire
FEZ
FTL: Faster Than Light
Garry's Mod
Gunpoint
Hitman: Absolution w/ DLC
Hotline Miami
MacGuffin's Curse
Mark of the Ninja
Monaco
Organ Trail: Director's Cut
Poker Night at the Inventory
Portal Bundle
Reus
Rising Storm / Red Orchestra 2 w/ Deluxe Upgrade
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Sid Meier's Civ. 5 w/ DLC*
Sleeping Dogs w/ DLC
Super Meat Boy
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Surgeon Simulator 2013
System Shock 2
Terraria
Thomas Was Alone
Trine Bundle
The Walking Dead

Gifted to My Wife:
Organ Trail
Faerie Solitaire

Gifted to Me:
Don't Starve

*I missed the new DLC sale mistake. :-(

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
I have been quite busy with the Steam sale now that I have a PC worth a squirt of rat piss, although ironically most of the games I've purchased have been indie games.

Anyhow going through my bank statement

The Binding of Isaac
Crysis
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Bioshock Infinite
Orcs Must Die 2
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Company of Heroes
Gunpoint
Rayman Origins
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werwolves
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Mirror's Edge

Huh... I thought I got more.

I may get Metro: Last Light today, or wait till the Winter sale when I am going to buy a new video card. Most likely wait as I have yet to beat Metro 2033 and I've got quite a bit on my plate as it is, and that's not counting Shadowrun: Returns which comes out on Tuesday.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
OP might want to put a little more so you don't get a warning...

Anyway, I've bought far too much.

AaaaAAaaAAA!!! For the Awesome
'The Missing Link' for Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Endless Space Gold
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Jet Set Radio
Legend of Grimrock
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
'Forbidden Worlds' for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
The Swapper
Two Worlds II Velvet Edition

And I'm hoping Alpha Protocol goes 75% off so I can pick it up as well.

I haven't played all of them yet, mostly due to hard drive space on my laptop, but the ones I have played (AaaaAAaaAAA!!!, Jet Set Radio, Eador, Grimrock, Saints Row, and The Swapper) have been pretty darn awesome.

JasonBurnout16

Oct 12, 2009
Bastion (Brought as a gift by a friend)

Deadlight
Fallout: New Vegas
Inversion
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal 2
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
System Shock 2

So many sequels lol. But seriously, I brought these games because they were such a good price. Was tempted to buy Skyrim today but don't think my laptop would be able to play it. New Vegas was an experiment to see how many Mods I could use without the laptop crashing.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Today has been the really only interesting sales day so far, steam sales loose a lot of their punch when you realize that you own all the good deals already.

But I was able to pick up Metro:last light, La Mulana(as a side note the distributor tweeted that la mulana won't be on a flash sale or daily deal, so pick it up now if your interested in it), Don't Starve, and finally surgeon simulator 2013 (because I hate myself and it was only 3 bucks)

If they have the encore sale on Monday then I'll be sure to pick up some other stuff since that's when my check drops.

PFCboom

Sep 20, 2012
So, until a minute ago, I thought I'd actually made it out without spending over $150. Then I looked at the actual purchase history, and realized that I did not. Not even close. I have, in fact, spent just shy of $240. And here's what I got for it:

Galactic Civilizations II
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
RE6
Might and Magic Heroes VI: Complete Edition
Sniper Elite V2 + Hitler mission
RPG Maker VX Ace + 7 resource packs (that's a good $50 at least, right there)
FTL + soundtrack
Brutal Legend
Costume Quest
Psychonauts
Stacking
To The Moon + soundtrack
Dark Souls
Lost Planet 2
D&D: Daggerdale
Solar 2
RE: Operation Raccoon City
The Last Remnant
Super Meat Boy
Deadlight
Scribblenauts Unlimited
No Time To Explain
The Dark Eye

Mind you, every one of these purchases were made between the 11th and the 16th. That means I forked over $240 in 5 days. And you know what? Buyer's remorse be damned.

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Only two games I've bought so far are Resident Evil 5 and Dark Souls. The only other game I was interested in getting this sale was Tomb Raider (Which I might pick up if there happens to be an encore day)

Hawkeye 131

Jun 2, 2012
So far;

- Dust: An Elysian Tail
- Mark of the Ninja
- Max Payne 3
- Dishonored
- Borderlands 2
- Borderlands 2: Season Pass
- Fallout 3: GoTY Edition
- Fallout: New Vegas GoTY Edition
- Deus Ex: HR (Gifted to a friend new to Steam)
- Metro: Last Light DLC (Ranger Pack and RPK)

From what I understand the Season Pass for BioShock: Infinite was also on sale (around 50% off), sometime right at the beginning of the sale and I missed out on it :mad:

All in all not to bad!

-Hawk

Apr 8, 2010
I very much wanted to not buy anything...but stuff under 5? always gets to me so I ended up with some stuff -

Given that I did enjoy Cave story a lot I couldn't help but get some platformers/metroidvania-style games...

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Mark Of The Ninja

...along with other stuff I couldn't resist buying either....

Dishonored + Knife of Dunwall DLC
SimCity 4
Tropico 4: Modern Times (haven't played the game yet....but I MIGHT NEED THE ADDON SOMEDAY DAMMIT!)

in total: 36,23?

....damn....this means three to four music albums less or less food and more coffee...I think its gotta be the latter >_>

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Not a great deal;

Remember Me
Baldur's Gate EE
Torchlight II
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Rayman Origins
Natural Selection II
Borderlands 2

Probably pick up Civilisation V tomorrow and I'll be done. Had a quick blast on Dust earlier and it seems the pick of the bunch so far but I'm particularly looking forward to Remember Me and checking out the new stuff in BGEE, it's been over a decade since I last played it.

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
cloroxbb said:
Nothing yet. I have bought just about everything I have wanted in previous sales. There might be like 3 or so games that I still want, but they are on Origin only and I hate origin. I do want FEZ, but I need it to come down to $5 or less before I buy, because I bought it last year when it released on Xbox. I don't really WANT to buy it twice...
After my wife's issues with Sims 3* and my fiasco with SimCity**, I'm done with Origin.

*Origin banned my wife's Origin account for fraud. She isn't very computer savvy. She doesn't even know how to run an anti-virus program or find stuff on her machine. She just plays vanilla Sims 3. After buying every expansion, she gets shafted. And, yep, there's nothing they can do.

**No need to explain.

Cilisien

Jul 20, 2013
So far I have picked up;

Torchlight II
Batman Arkham Asulum/City GOTY Editions
DiRT Megapack
Hotline Miami
Dark Souls
GTA IV Complete
Lost Planet 2

Decided to wait until the last day before I purchase anything else unless something REALLY stands out to me on a flash sale. Out of the games that I have bought so far I have only actually had time to play GTA and Lost Planet both seem to be good games and worth the money after the price cuts from the sale :D

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
Cilisien said:
So far I have picked up;

Torchlight II
DiRT Megapack
Hotline Miami
Dark Souls
GTA IV Complete
Lost Planet 2

Decided to wait until the last day before I purchase anything else unless something REALLY stands out to me on a flash sale. Out of the games that I have bought so far I have only actually had time to play GTA and Lost Planet both seem to be good games and worth the money after the price cuts from the sale :D
Hotline Miami is one of my favorite games of all time. Enjoy!

Cilisien

Jul 20, 2013
Pinkscare said:
Cilisien said:
So far I have picked up;

Torchlight II
DiRT Megapack
Hotline Miami
Dark Souls
GTA IV Complete
Lost Planet 2

I will try! Hotline Miami is another game that I have heard only good things about hopefully it lives up to my expectations and isn't a letdown. Will probably install it today and get back to you on what my opinion is on it!

Get_A_Grip_

May 9, 2010
Compared to most Steam sales I've bought very little so far:

Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Just Cause 2 DLC
Grand Theft Auto IV (kinda regret it)
Bully: Scholarship Edition

I might pick up some of the DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, and that will probably be it, seeing as most days when I look at the daily deals I seem to already have the bulk of the games they have on offer.

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
Cilisien said:
Pinkscare said:
Cilisien said:
So far I have picked up;

Torchlight II
DiRT Megapack
Hotline Miami
Dark Souls
GTA IV Complete
Lost Planet 2

I will try! Hotline Miami is another game that I have heard only good things about hopefully it lives up to my expectations and isn't a letdown. Will probably install it today and get back to you on what my opinion is on it!
Are you going to use a gamepad or kb&m?

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
Nothing. I've already got plenty of steam games in my library, don't need to add to them yet. I did pick up Civ 5: brave new world from greenmangaming though, and the spiderweb software humble bundle.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
I got:

Cave Story+
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (plus the DLC)
Castle Crashers
Football Manager 2013
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Super Meat Boy
The Witcher
The WItcher 2
Poker Night at the Inventory 2
Max Payne 3
Organ Trail: Directors Cut
Kerbal Space Program
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Evoland

as well as pre-purchasing Shadowrun Returns, and getting DOTA 2, but those don't really count.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Duke Nukem Megaton Edition
Far Cry
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
Just Cause 2
Legend of Grimrock
Grid
Grid 2
Infestation: Survivor Stories (yes I know it's just War Z)
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition

Pretty much it for me this summer. I also still have GTA 4 and Liberty City Stories to play, as well as Saints Row 3 and Borderlands 2.