Steam Summer Sale: What did you buy?

WittyName

Jan 3, 2009
Off the top of my head, I picked up:

The Psycho class and the Tiny Tina DLC for Borderlands 2 (the latter of which was hilariously fun).
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition.
Torchlight.
Surgeon Simulator 2013.

No doubt there'll be some additions to this later though.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
I've bought:

FTL: Faster than Light
Far Cry 3
System Shock 2
Dark Souls

That's it, but I already have most of the games I want (110+ in my library)

randomrob1968

Sep 26, 2011
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
the Bridge Project
Culpa Innata
Velvet Assassin
Mars: War Logs
Star Trek
Fuel
Gyromancer
Ion Assault
Organ Trail: DC
Rock of Ages
Battlestations Pacific

Pifflestick

Jun 10, 2008
McPixel
Dungeons of Dredmor
Quantum Conundrum
Rigonauts
Reus
Zombie Driver HD
Duke Nukem Bundle
Natural Selection 2

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Damn you Steam and your timing. Or.. maybe I should be thankful that you did your summer sales while I'm restricted to my craptop. Here we go:

Simcity 4 - I really didn't need it as I've already spent soooo much time with this game but: ?2.99 for the convenience to have it again and sitting in my library? Plus Deluxe (,whatever that is)? Click.

Deadlight - Had my sympathies, somehow. Don't care for the at times Limbo-like trial and error gameplay with loading screens after every error but I love the aesthetic take on 2d jump 'n run ('n gun). Have my money!

X-Com - late to the party. I had tried the demo before, which didn't exactly excite me. Well, turns out it should have. Only downer: my fun is interrupted by random shut-downs of said craptop and the youtube videos of resolving overheating issues on this machine look rather terrifying.

Tweg said:
Terraria - 3 hours in, is pretty fun even though I don't really know what I'm doing :)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Fuck yeah!
#1 Yeah, Terraria is pretty much an alt-tab-to-wiki game. <- My only complaint.
#2 it strangely works, doesn't it? :D

Galen Marek

Dec 5, 2011
I didn't find anything I really wanted. I had everything that went on sale already or if the only things I considered getting did go on sale I missed them or I still didn't want it enough at its price.

So nothing from this steam sale.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
WoW Killer said:
Pinkscare said:
Pinkscare said:
Demon"s Souls was enough for me to pass Dark Souls. :-/
I'm not so much worried about the quality of the game because it's one that so many people talk about and from the descriptions it's the sort of game I think I'd like. But the thing that puts me off is I've heard some varied opinions on the PC port.
If you've got an XBox controller you're fine on that part. If you have any other kind of gamepad... well, I'm regretting buying the game becuase it won't recognize my Logitech gamepad at all

Quorothorn

Apr 9, 2010
So far, only bought New Vegas Ultimate Edition for a friend, but I am currently staring at the Knights of the Old Republic games...and also played some Mount & Blade: Warband, which I got during the last summer sale.

Tweg

Jul 15, 2013
purf said:
Tweg said:
Terraria - 3 hours in, is pretty fun even though I don't really know what I'm doing :)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Fuck yeah!
#1 Yeah, Terraria is pretty much an alt-tab-to-wiki game. <- My only complaint.
#2 it strangely works, doesn't it? :D
I haven't actually been to the wiki at all yet. Maybe I should. But hey I managed to make an agile silver shortsword.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is so weird. I don't even understand why I enjoy playing it, honestly it seemed like the most boring of all time. Come on, how can something like that be fun? Then I tried it for the first time and played for 2 hours. Somehow I just kept on going even when the whole time I had a feeling that I shouldn't be doing this and this is boring. I'm becoming old I guess.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
The Rogue Wolf said:
If you've got an XBox controller you're fine on that part. If you have any other kind of gamepad... well, I'm regretting buying the game becuase it won't recognize my Logitech gamepad at all
Only thing I have is a standard Dual Shock 2 connected via a USB adapter. Any idea if that will work?

Billy D Williams

Jul 8, 2013
For me, I've only bought Civilization 5: Brave New World, Dark Souls and Dragon Age: Origins, not because they haven't had good sales but because I'm saving up money atm. There's a lot I still really want and its been painful not to be able to get them...

First world problems.

Also, my Steam library is already 119 strong (which I know is probably pathetically small in comparison to some of you guys) but I've already got to many games I'm yet to play so I don't really need more (despite how much Gabe Newell would beg to differ).

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
shrekfan246 said:
OP might want to put a little more so you don't get a warning...

Anyway, I've bought far too much.

AaaaAAaaAAA!!! For the Awesome
'The Missing Link' for Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Endless Space Gold
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes
Jet Set Radio
Legend of Grimrock
Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package
'Forbidden Worlds' for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
The Swapper
Two Worlds II Velvet Edition

And I'm hoping Alpha Protocol goes 75% off so I can pick it up as well.

I haven't played all of them yet, mostly due to hard drive space on my laptop, but the ones I have played (AaaaAAaaAAA!!!, Jet Set Radio, Eador, Grimrock, Saints Row, and The Swapper) have been pretty darn awesome.
Seriously considered getting endless space, I also purchased Sins Rebellion forbidden worlds. How is endless space?

OT: So far...

Dust: An Elysian Tale
Torchlight 2
KOTOR II
Star Wars: Dark Forces 2
FTL
Shadowrun Returns
Chivalry

I'm not done yet...

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Quorothorn said:
So far, only bought New Vegas Ultimate Edition for a friend, but I am currently staring at the Knights of the Old Republic games...and also played some Mount & Blade: Warband, which I got during the last summer sale.
Get KOTOR 2 its one of the best RPG's ever made once you play it with the Restored Content Mod.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
So Far:
Alan Wake
Bastion
Dark Souls (Played it on the 360 before but didn't care for it. Trying it a second time thanks to the deal)
Deus Ex Franchise (I have all the games on various platforms already but having it one place makes sense. I still play Deus Ex from time to time)
Endless Space
FTL
Hotline Miami
Natural Selection 2
Saints Row 3 (Already played it but with the upcomming mod tools I figured I wanted to have this lying around)
Civ 5
System Shock 2 (One of my favorites)
Torchlight 2

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Ishal said:
[
Seriously considered getting endless space, I also purchased Sins Rebellion forbidden worlds. How is endless space?
It's fairly difficult all told and not as intuitive as you might want for a game that has a fairly poor tutorial. More comprehensive than Sins of a Solar Empire by a wide margin though. All told, it is a solid game for the asking price (full price even would be a reasonable exchange).

It actually reminds me of Masters of Orion as much as anything else.

Cilisien

Jul 20, 2013
Decided to pick up The Sword of the Stars: The Pit along with all the others I mentioned earlier, heard really good things about the game and as it was on flash sale for 75% off couldn't let that deal go to waste!