Steam Summer Sale: What did you buy?

Hypertion

May 10, 2011
I have only ever bought one thing from steam.

This summer sale i bought the X Super box. Containing not only the game which i couldn't remember the name after playing for free on gametap for 5+ years, but its predecessor and sequels and their various expansions.

Wilbot666

Aug 21, 2009
My purchases haven't come close to a lot of folks in this thread but I have bought the following:

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (Awesome)
Hitman Absolution (Haven't tried yet.)
Mark of the Ninja (Stealth gaming done properly.)
Star Wars: KotOR 2 (An old favourite that I re-bought because someone borrowed my hard-copy and I can't remember who.)

I actually thought I'd bought more, I've been a little more controlled this year than I was last year when I bought about 20 titles. I'm still considering a couple more but am waiting for them to come up on special.

Can anyone tell me if FTL is any good for someone who doesn't particularly like strategy games?

Solarisirolos

Jul 10, 2012
So far I only bought Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light. I have been trying to clear out my backlog from previous sales so I decided to only buy the games that genuinely interested me beyond impulse buying.

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
SweetShark said:
Nothing.
I just way the time when the game Dust: An Elysian Tale become more cheaper.
It's a beautiful game; can become repetitive. I'm at like 35%; don't know when I'll finish.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
FTL
Mark of the Ninja
SotS: The Pit: Mind Games
StarDrive

And then I preordered the deluxe or w/e Europa Universalis IV

camerinian

Mar 16, 2012
My computer is kind of average for gaming, so I've only been able to buy non graphics-intensive indie games and older titles. But from that, I've purchased:

The Binding Of Isaac
Braid
Garry's Mod
Hotline Miami
Just Cause 1 (seriously go and get it right now. I haven't installed it yet, so I have no idea if it's any good, but it's 27 cents. 96% off. You literally have nothing to lose)
Poker Night At The Inventory 1 and 2
System Shock 2
Thomas Was Alone

I also still want to get Mark Of The Ninja, as I missed it when it was first super cheap. I'm also considering getting FTL, but I'm not too much of a roguelike person, so I'm not sure how much mileage I'll get out of it.

Oh and I finally installed Torchlight 1 from when it was free on GOG. So add that to the pile aswell.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Tweg said:
I haven't actually been to the wiki at all yet. Maybe I should. But hey I managed to make an agile silver shortsword.
Nah. Don't. It takes away from the game. Just make sure to use the guide's expertise on using crafting materials. I had overlooked that for most of my playing time.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
All of the Skyrim DLC, FTL, Chivalry, Deadlight...and that's about it.

Other games I wanted like X-Com and Far Cry 3 weren't heavily discounted enough for me to pick them up so I'm jut going to wait til December.

Oh and I rebought The Witcher 2 because I love CDProjekt.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
"Psssh, I won't buy anything, I already have all the games I would have wanted ages ago.

Thomas Was Alone

Strike Suit Zero Mega Bundle

Zeno Clash 2 2-Pack

Worms Revolution 4-pack

Trials Evolution Gold

Deadlight Game + Soundtrack Bundle

PAYDAY The Heist: Wolfpack DLC

Payday: The Heist - Four Pack

Borderlands 2 Psycho Pack

Antichamber

Devil May Cry 4

Legacy of Kain Collection

Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC

Sanctum 2 - 4-Pack

Gunpoint

shit.

PPB

May 25, 2009
So far,

Dawnguard and Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim (already have Dragonborn)
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Torchlight 2
XCOM

The only games I planned on getting were New Vegas and the Skyrim DLC. Caved in and compulsively bought TL2 and XCOM at the last minute yesterday. Love XCOM from the hour or so I played so far. Still unsure about TL2 (as much as I respect the fine folks behind it, they can't seem to design classes that appeal to me).

I don't plan on getting anything else, though Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is staring at me right now.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
crazyarms33 said:
Berserker119 said:
I got:

Cave Story+
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (plus the DLC)
Castle Crashers
Football Manager 2013
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Super Meat Boy
The Witcher
The WItcher 2
Poker Night at the Inventory 2
Max Payne 3
Organ Trail: Directors Cut
Kerbal Space Program
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Evoland

as well as pre-purchasing Shadowrun Returns, and getting DOTA 2, but those don't really count.
I bought X-Com but I can't get it to work. It gets past the powered by Unreal screen and then I get a windows message that says "X-Com has stopped running." Any ideas? I already did the steam online help and I have a ticket in with them, but haven't heard anything yet.
I had a problem with mine in-game that I couldn't seem to get past, but rebooting it enough times just seemed to work. There seems to be a lot of freezing/crashing bugs and glitches so maybe it'll get patched.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
crazyarms33 said:
I bought X-Com but I can't get it to work. It gets past the powered by Unreal screen and then I get a windows message that says "X-Com has stopped running." Any ideas? I already did the steam online help and I have a ticket in with them, but haven't heard anything yet.
Are you using XP by any chance? If I remember right, XCOM requires at least Vista since it uses DirectX 10.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Holy shizz. I see these massive lists and all I bought was Organ Trail, which I have buyers remorse for even though it was 99p, Sanctum 2 and RAGE. The only things I regret not buying are Bad Company 2, and Bioshock 2, which I might still end up buying, anyway...

I'm just really not a big spender at all.

silentNate

Apr 1, 2013
The Binding of Isaac (+Lamb of God) - simply awesome!!!
Deadlight
Half Life (+DLC)
Half Life II (+DLC)
LA Noire
Portal
Portal II
Super Meat Boy
Surgeon Simulator - no idea why... impulse I guess :(
Team Fortress Classic - part of a bundle, very low chance of ever being played :eek:
The Walking Dead
Thomas Was Alone
Tomb Raider DLC
Trine II
Worm Revolution DLC

Things I didn't buy... Limbo :(

Why wasn't Limbo on sale?!?!?!?!

I got two badges also... Summer Sale and Tomb Raider!

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
WoW Killer said:
Are you using XP by any chance? If I remember right, XCOM requires at least Vista since it uses DirectX 10.
No, I'm using Windows 7. I'm hoping it's something a patch can fix, but until Steam gets back to me I'm not sure what is going on.

Reynaert

Jan 30, 2011
So far I only bought Wargame: European Escalation. I just played the first mission and I have not regretted my purchase so far.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
And here I thought I bought a lot, then I saw your list.

At any rate, I got a solid number of games, though I'll probably wind up getting something else before its over tomorrow.

Evoland
Simcity 4 Deluxe
Defiance
Reus
Warhammer 40000: GOTY edition
Democracy 2
Civilization 4
Leviathan: Warships
Anno 2070
World in Conflict: Complete
Rome: Total War Collection
Dishonored
King Arthur 2
Two Worlds 2
Empire: Total War

All for under 100 bucks

It's been a good sale.

Elemental

Apr 4, 2009
Let's see...

System Shock 2
The Binding of Isaac with DLC
Deus Ex Collection with all the DLC (and it was dirt cheap too holy shit)
Portal 2
Thomas Was Alone
Hotline Miami
HL2: Episode One

God I love the Steam sales they're fucking insane! SOMEONE TAKE AWAY MY FUCKING WALLET

IrenIvy

Mar 15, 2011
I got "Dark Souls" among couple of other things. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok with all those other things (Bioshock Infinite, Torchlight II) because they are sort of things I usually play but 'Dark Souls' is the experience I'm most curious about because I never considered myself hardcore player. Either it will be glorious or I'll hate it intensely.

Sammyjb17

Mar 7, 2011
Not that I believe anyone actually cares too much:

Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer
Castle Crashers + the DLCs
Civ 5: Brave New World
DMC
Don't Starve
Gunpoint
Monaco
Organ Trail