Steam Users Can't Play Modern Warfare 2 Until Thursday

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009
Judging by the fact there is going to be such a MASSIVE rush to get this game, with all the copies being whacked on steam in a period of hours, I would imagine it's in order to lower the strain on Steam's servers. With 2.5 million copies pre-ordered in the US alone, I think Valve is trying to stop their headquarters going up in a server related explosion...

...At least, thats the "logical" way of looking at it...But then again, the reaction to this game has forced some gamers to abbandon this silly notion of "logic"...

ZeroWarrior

Aug 15, 2008
I got a refund for my steam bought copy. I was so excited but with how all of the bad just keeps stacking up, I no longer have any interest.

nielsvk

Nov 10, 2009
So, if Left 4 Dead 2 is coming out a day later (not so hard since they took a day off just recently), Valve actually scores a hattrick on me WITHIN ONE MONTH (also counting L4D2 PC demo).

This game better be worth it.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Ohhh man steam users are going to be so pissed. Having to wait until the 12th is retarded and very hilarious.

Faky

Oct 15, 2009
LOL another day that Steam fails. Higher prices, games locked on your account forever, longer wait time to play, chance for them to lock your games (germany has cut games),...

Its like fail, fail, fail ,... Only good thing coming out of it is that you can redownload your games, but i don't see that as a major success. If i wanna install my game again i just go into my drawer and search for a dvd case.

If i bought this game on Steam i would go crazy by now, since all who walked few km to nearest store would already play it, have a dvd box and payed less.

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Vault boy Eddie said:
Amnestic said:
PipBoy4000 said:
PC gaming is dead anyway.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAH! *wipes tear* Hah...hah...heh...

Oh god, you're serious?
Pay no mind to him. This is why children shouldn't be allowed to express there so called opinions.
There are so many things wrong with that statement, but moving on. Just another issue that Valve has to fix with Steam, nothing more. It probably just to brace the servers for gaming impact.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Either way, I wouldn't have time to play it properly till the weekend anyway. It does seem like its just a lame attempt to push users to buy the console version instead of the PC version, or perhaps just to generally enrage the Internet.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Considering the amount of angry PC gamers anyway it should make much of a difference if they're boycotting it. It's so childish.

I can understand boycotts for racial equality, but for dedicated servers?

Martin Luther King had a dream, not a Dreamcast.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
orangebandguy said:
Off Topic: That was a awesome statement.
On topic: I saw this on a steam update pop-up, I guess these people didn't pay any mind to them.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
LOL LOL lol lol lol giggle giggle giggle

aww you poor PC sods... sorry... giggle

i wonder why Activision hates you?

Robby Foxfur

Sep 1, 2009
SomeGuyNamedKy said:
On topic: I saw this on a steam update pop-up, I guess these people didn't pay any mind to them.
its not that they didn't see it or didn't care to read it, like a lot of people. its the fact that there is no "This is why you were screwed...", no "we are sorry for ...", not even an "Our bad", no explanation as to why, add the other things everyone is already mad about plus delaying and you get a bomb the same size and shape as a disc and has the markings of MW2 on it. Its a bad metaphor i know

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
HotFezz8 said:

It because we're all monsters. Activision must find us too scary.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
thinking about it there was a steam fuck up with Empire Total War as well...

why can't they just crack Steam on the head and go back to the solid copys? it seems a much better way to limit piracy and prove ownership.

can anyone tell me a advantage steam has over hard copys apart from space saving?

i mean it in all seriousness, with nothing but genuine curiosty: i have and own something like four hundred DVDs, thirty PC games, maybe twenty xbox 360 games, and short of the house burning down, i know they're safe.

with steam, the only possible advantage i can see is that they are in a much smaller place...

i can pick them up, take them to a friends, loan them to friends, they don't take up space on my PC, and if the thing gets bugged or crashes or is stoled i don't loose them all. i don't see the appeal.

HotFezz8

Nov 1, 2009
orangebandguy said:
HotFezz8 said:

It because we're all monsters. Activision must find us too scary.
laugh out loud, good one dude :-D

Jul 22, 2009
Activision suck, im not getting the pc version but i still think its ridiculous that no mods or dedicated servers... also i hate steam, just like i hate all DRM.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
CarrionRoc said:
Do they want PC gamers to play this game?
I really don't think they do. I can understand their need to combat piracy but by screwing over all the pc gamers, they're just insuring that nobody will pay for it. Hell hath no fury like a hacker scorned: this game is probably going to be cracked pirated before Thursday.

PipBoy4000 said:
Just suck it up and get the 360 version then. PC gaming is dead anyway.
Why is it always the xbots who try to turn it into a flamewar?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
orangebandguy said:
You've been saving that up for weeks, haven't you? Probably months.
Strategia said:
The SP campaign had better be pretty damn good.
Early reports are that the single player campaign is clocking in at around five hours. I don't have any links or anything, just what I've heard, but that's just too damn short if it's true.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
Malygris said:
orangebandguy said:
You've been saving that up for weeks, haven't you? Probably months.
No I just thought of using it today, although I had known the phrase for ages.
It just came to me, boycotting and Call of Duty and a link that involves gaming and puns.