Steam Winter Sale grand total

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I don't think I bought much, let me check on my netbook.
Mario Cart for PC: Blur
Douchebag driving game: Test Drive Unlimited 2, the driving is ok, the "characters" are horrible
All the DLC for New Vegas
Crimson Skies meets Mario Kart: Skydrift
Costume Quest
Binding of Isaac
Total War: Shogun 2 or is it Shogun 2: Total War
Dungeons of Dreadmor

I also grabbed To the Moon for full price at Gamersgate.

EDIT: I forgot Halo meets Space Marine 40k: Section 8-Prejudice

Darthbawls77 said:
snip
I pretty much got all these games for x-mas besides Assassins Creed, Bioshock and Fallout cause I owned them already. Some good taste my lad! But just as a side note there is no Deus Ex GoTY yet =P
There certainly is, I bought my copy on CD in 2002.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
70 Games for ~ $200

Including but not limted to:
X,X2,X3 series
Tropico 1-4
Still life 1&2
Syberia 1&2
SW KOTOR
Runaway (All 4 including "The next big thing")
The longest Journey 1&2
Hitman Series (Cdname 47, Blood Money, 2)
LIMBO
Dungeons
Childrew of the Nile
Cargo
and a bunch more.

I have sworn I'm not buy another PC game until I have at least played every one of them. Though I got some of them because I bought two of the publish packs because the price was good for titles I wanted and I got a few titles I didn't care about in the bargin.

R3VOLU7ION

Sep 12, 2011
Haha I spent more money than I had with these sales.

I got;
Mass effect 2
GRID
Sonic Generations
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Bastion (gifted to me)
Darksiders (it's so unbelievably good)
Day of Defeat: Source (gift from steam)
And the first Witcher game which I gave to a friend after steam gifted it to me.

All up about $39 spent.

burhanr

Jun 7, 2011
Okay, its time to face my (online) shopping addiction.

Firstly, there is the Humble Bundle, I paid 7.50 (i know im cheap) for it, to beat the average for those "Mac gamers" at time of purchase.
==HUMBLE BUNDLE: (7.50)==

Before the Winter sale there is that daily autumn sale thing, I bought:
Bastion Soundtrack Ed: 8.32
Oblivion GOTY: 6.24
Limbo: 2.50
==PRE-WINTER SALE: (17.06)==

Because Steam is very discriminating against Australian, I try to find better deals on the internet. Green Man Gaming got my money:
Saints Row : The Third: 19.99
Batman - Arkham City (Which I can't goddamn run! Need to wait for more patch): 17.75
==GREEN MAN GAMING: (37.74)==

Also, because I am Asian, I also went to Reddit to find some US&A people who can buy a game for me at a cheaper price, then trade with the games they want. (One person said that Bastion is narrated by Ron "Pealmen")
Bulletstorm (17.49 in AU, 5 in US) for Bastion Soundtrack Ed: 8.48
Dead Space 2 (17.49 in AU, 5 in US) for The Orange Box: 9.99
==STEAM TRADE: (18.47)==

FINALLY the one that the OP ask me to post, the thing that I actually bought from the sale:
Metro 2033: 4.99
Witcher EE: 2.49
Recettear: 4.99
Double Fine Pack: 5.74
From Dust: 7.49
Fallout 3 - Goty: 12.49
Terraria: 2.49
Dead Space: 3.74 (Nearly shat myself, as we Australians got it cheaper than Americans)
Revenge of The Titans: 2.49
The Binding Of Isaac: 1.24
GRID: 3.74
==STEAM WINTER SALE: (51.89)==

Total spending for games from Mid December to now: 132.66 USD for 18 Games + 12 from Humble Bundle.

..ya know, i could have spent less time in gaming, and exercise so that i can have a bit of a chance to.. er.. shag, but SCREW THAT! (sobs)

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Ok here goes.

Metro 2033
Orcs Must Die
Saints Row 3
Arkham City
Human Revolution
Serious Sam 3
LA Noire
Dead Island
Mafia 2
Physoconauts
Assassins Creed 2

And I got Just Cause 2 gifted to me.

So with this sale I have gotten pretty much every big name release for this year that isn't on Wii.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
I didn't win anything except 4 pieces of coal and a 25% off VALVe coupon. That's mostly because my good computer was down (goddamn virus) and I couldn't really play anything that requires any kind of graphical Umph. Even "The Binding of Issac" lags. But I still bought games so that, when my computer IS running, I'll be able to play them.

As for how I did, it's all the continuing adventures of Steam sucking all of my money away one sale at a time.

Company of Heroes - $1.99 (No way I was going to miss that.)

Penny Arcade Combo Pack - $2.99

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - $2.49 (I have this for the xbox, but I still wanted a PC version.)

The Binding of Issac, With Soundtrack - $1.49 (Great game, by the way.)

Mafia 1 - $2.49

Super Meat Boy - $3.74 (I hate that game. It's meant to be played with a gamepad. Well then, why is it on the PC? Douchebag ...)

Hitman Collection - $6.24 (I have Blood Money for the PS2, so I wanted a version with better graphics, plus the two older ones ...)

The Grand Theft Auto series - $12.49

Orcs Must Die, with DLC - $5.34

-----

I think that nicely rounds out my current collection. :)

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Spacechem (I'm to dumb to play)

Fallout New Vegas (worked and modded just fine)

Puzzle Agent 2 (Crashes everytime I launch it

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Darthbawls77 said:
I pretty much got all these games for x-mas besides Assassins Creed, Bioshock and Fallout cause I owned them already. Some good taste my lad! But just as a side note there is no Deus Ex GoTY yet =P
There is a Game of the Year for the original Deus Ex, the one from 2001 or whatever.

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I spent about $12 and ended up with The Binding of Isaac, Cthulu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII: The Beginning, Bastion, Half-Life 2 (Including Death Match, Lost Coast, and Episode One), Half-Life: Deathmatch (No regular Half-Life though sadly), The Witcher, and Magic 2012.

Wish I had money when Reccetear was on sale, that Morrowind and the missing Half-Life stuff are the big ones I missed. Wish I had more money so I could have got the New Vegas DLC's, Magicka, and Terraria as well.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
The only good thing for those who missed stuff, is next year most of it'll be on sale again, and you've done the big spending the first year :)

Should be able to fill in the gaps, not sure exactly what I bought, but it was like 5 or so indie games is all.

I've got about 180 games now I think tho.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
The Virgo said:
Super Meat Boy - $3.74 (I hate that game. It's meant to be played with a gamepad. Well then, why is it on the PC? Douchebag ...)
Plug in an Xbox controller.
???
Profit.

If a game has controller support then you're golden. I couldn't play Sonic Generations on a Keyboard either, I'd hurt someone.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I didn't really find much that I wanted this year. The only thing I ended up buying was Sequence for $1.24 and I enjoy it for the most part.
I didn't get much out of the contest. A bunch of coal, a few coupons and a copy of DoD:S that I traded for TF2 keys.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Star Wars Bundle = 60$ for 13 games :D
Bastion = $5
Assassin's Creed 2 = $5 (forgot about the DRM, lolol)
x2 Portal/Portal 2 Bundle (For me and my girlfriend)= $8 ($16)
x2 Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light (For me and my girlfriend)= $2.50 ($5)

Pretty successful I think. With that and some other stuff I am pretty much set until ME3!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Too many...

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition

Assassin's Creed

Serious Sam 3 BFE

HOARD

L.A. Noire

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)

Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition

Super Meat Boy

Sonic Generations

Tropico 4

Chantelise

Bunch Of Heroes

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Spent a little less then $25 and purchased

-Dawn of war 2 with Dawn of war 2 chaos rising
-Terraria
-Magicka
-The Binding Of Issac

Think that's it.

baconbaby299

May 7, 2011
Bastion
Mount and Blade: Warband
Hard Reset
Arkham Asylum
Altitude
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
Zeno Clash
Dungeon Defenders
Deus Ex (Finally gonna play this game)
Fallout (Finally gonna play this game)
The Bully (Finally gonna play this game)
Monday Night Combat
Darkest of Days
and a little puzzle game called I-Fluid

All for the wallet shattering, debt putterin price of £70.

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
I got the GTA collection for £5

that was it, every 7 coal I crafted got me vouchers for games I already owned or had no interest in buying.

Worst part, I can't run GTA 4 yet (thankfully I only bought it for Vice City and San Andreas) but with a new graphics card I should be fine.

but did anyone else think it was odd to advertise it as the complete pack and not include GTA London?

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Just Cause 2
Psychonauts
Half Life Complete Pack
Bastion

I think that would be around $25.

Irishanime

Oct 31, 2011
I bought Mass Effect 1 and 2 for my man for about 4.99 each....Actually most of the games I bought were gifts to other people....Oh steam....you helped me with so much holiday shopping...Thank you lol.