Steam's Fall Sale Begins November 26 - Update

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
erttheking said:
<youtube=HfIJuLH8T6Q>
...that was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen...

OT: I got the e-mail yesterday. I'm not worried at all. This happens all the time, and I'm actually ready for this.
Right, let's do it. No regrets.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Well! I guess I'll be able to pick up Hate Plus, the sequel to Analogue: A Hate Story [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.865723-Rose-Reviews-Analogue-A-Hate-Story] sooner than I thought!

Speaking of games I've reviewed recently, if my review of Analogue: A Hate Story [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.865723-Rose-Reviews-Analogue-A-Hate-Story] has you interested in the game, then the Steam Sale would probably be a great place to pick it up.

Just sayin'.

But yeah, this looks to be the second Steam Sale I'll actually spend money on.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010

I spent easily almost two hundred bucks on games this month! I don't need you coming in swinging your sales all over the place! I gotta start saving again at some point!

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
Eh... I don't know. I actually didn't buy much during the last summer sale. I guess I'm just at that point where my library is so big that I just don't feel the need to get anything else (unless its, you know, super super discounted).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Dammit, I just bought Skullgrils for 66% off. At least let me finish the training part (been busy). Granted my wishlist is kind of small but yet again I haven't explored the whole list of games for sale!
I admit this will be my first winter sale (only install Steam last year) so all I need to know it don't buy it unless it's over 70% off?

Oh since we are posting steam related sale parody

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Brian Tams said:
Eh... I don't know. I actually didn't buy much during the last summer sale. I guess I'm just at that point where my library is so big that I just don't feel the need to get anything else (unless its, you know, super super discounted).
I'm in the same boat. Save for a select few games that probably won't be discounted much due to how new they are, there's not a lot I could want from them.

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
I'm going to sell some more trading cards and see if there is something in the 2 euro range to buy the coming week.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
I'm in the same boat. Save for a select few games that probably won't be discounted much due to how new they are, there's not a lot I could want from them.
Same for me. I mean, the only games I really play on PC are Bethesda RPGs since I can one, fix them and make sure they don't crash every 10 minutes (now it's every 50), and two some of the mod quests are amazing.
Then again, I never really was much of a PC gamer to begin with and have been more on consoles than anything. Now if you'll excuse me, back to Smash. :3

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I find the easiest way to NOT suffer a Steam Sale (beyond some self control) is to just play some of the titles from the last sale I've yet to get to.

It's the essence of irony, really, that I'm using Steam Sales to get through my backlog of games purchased during Steam Sales.

courier006 said:
DANG IT, GABE! Don't you realize that some of us have Christmas gifts to buy!?
Fear not, my friend! Now's the perfect time to buy gifts for the gamer friends in your life!

Unless they don't game on PC. In which case:

Fear not, my friend! Now's the perfect time to convince your gamer friends to switch to PC gaming!

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Kingjackl said:
As if my pile of shame wasn't big enough.
I'm running out of games to buy (atleast that interest me) so it gets easier each time :p

OT: It'll be interesting to see if there's anything interesting, last sale I got nothing due to lack of interesting games at the right price.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
that this will come thats not surprising. damn, im wondering what games i will begetting this time.

but if steam actually allows me to use paypal. every time i want to use it, it tells me that the currency does not match with the country i live in.
WTF? i have already changed the address and card in paypal to the country i live, so why the crap?
steam replys after me complaining about the issue, stating: i have to send them my ID to proof that i live in this country.

are you serious? origin already did that automatically and can use paypal without any hassle.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
My wallet is ready, the Russians have been paid off and the hookers as well. Take me Lord GabeN, for your servant's wallet is now ready.

/s

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Eh. Most of the stuff that goes on sale doesn't interest me, doesn't discount enough, or I picked up in the last Steam Sale (or the one before).

Maybe I'll find a sale that blows me away, but I honestly don't get the "ow, my wallet!" comments unless you're buying everything that's marked down.

Vigormortis said:
Fear not, my friend! Now's the perfect time to buy gifts for the gamer friends in your life!
I've done this a couple of times. Sometimes not a Steam Sale, but I just got my friend Saints Row IV on PC at a huge discount. My friends can be pretty cheap to buy for.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
I call bull on this one or Valve's marketing team have a leaky gas pipe in their office.