Steam's Fall Sale Begins November 26 - Update

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
Scarim Coral said:
Dammit, I just bought Skullgrils for 66% off. At least let me finish the training part (been busy). Granted my wishlist is kind of small but yet again I haven't explored the whole list of games for sale!
I admit this will be my first winter sale (only install Steam last year) so all I need to know it don't buy it unless it's over 70% off?

Oh since we are posting steam related sale parody
Don't worry about whether it's 70% off, just don't buy it until it's featured in a daily or flash sale. Most everything has some discount, but will get further discounted in a special deal so then is when you buy.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
this actually comes at a time pokemon is released... Iunno if people will have such deep wallets.

For me, this steam sale will blow over. I gotta get to playin' persona Q. I haven't played or watched P3 and P4, but it looks like it'll be fun just the same. Then there's the issue of finishing SMTIV and whatnot. I need a podcast to grind to.

EDIT: I'm not going to complete an SMT game. I'm not mad, alright?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
No! My wallet demands that you at least wait till chrostmas sale. It cannot take two sales so soon!

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
The interesting thing is that with so few good new games coming out and already having piles of older games I've accumulated from prior Steam sales(Many of which I have never played). I think Steam has finally squeezed me for all it can. I can't remember the last time I bought something from a sale. I think I own every game on Steam I wanted!

I guess it is in the developer's hands now.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Hope there is a badge event this time. I have so many badge sets waiting to craft.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Welp. I guess I won't be joining you guys, this year. My account got locked last week, due to someone attempting to hack it, and I've been waiting patiently for Steam support to finally get around and releasing it to me again.

I guess they don't want my money, so it must be a blessing in disguise.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Haha, Gaben you failed this time! I'm still playing Dragon Age Inquisition and then plan on playing Far Cry 4, I won't need to turn Steam on for a couple of weeks at least so I will miss all your attempts at emptying my wallet buying games I won't play.

I guess there is something positive about other DD platforms after all.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
If anything on my wishlist goes onsale it'll be a no-brainer. Poor wallet though.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Super Cyborg said:
Cool, a big...

Wait a minute, what was that? Why GOG had a sale recently with some nice package deals and other sales as well, and if you went in enough days to get stamps, could get a free copy of Witcher 2. Sorry steam, but I don't care what you have to offer, I got everything I wanted at GOG.

I don't get much on steam these days, mainly because if there are games I would get from them, it would be the big AAA titles that I don't have a computer that can run them properly (which does make my remark about Witcher 2 moot). I play mostly small inie games on the PC, while the big games I play are on console, so GOG is my main option if I get PC games. Eventually will get a computer that can play the Witcher games I've gotten for free from GOG, along with a few other games that I would need a good one for, but for now I can survive with an average laptop to play games.
I wouldn't bother with the Witcher games. They're not that good IMO. Grats on having another venue to get your discounts through though. Competition is a healthy thing to have around usually.

As for the sales on Steam. I'll see what they've got to offer and for how much, otherwise, I'm not too worried about it. I know another one will be right around the corner for Christmas.

Roccondil

Mar 17, 2011
Happyninja42 said:
As for the sales on Steam. I'll see what they've got to offer and for how much, otherwise, I'm not too worried about it. I know another one will be right around the corner for Christmas.
Same here... I usually end up not buying much more than 1 or 2 games because I know there will always be a next time. It's not like other markets where the product is constantly changing- the games that are there today will still be there tomorrow, a month from now, a year... I've bought more games through Humble Bundles than Steam sales because who knows when the games will be in a Bundle again...

Monkeynet

Apr 10, 2014
I can already feel my wallet loosening and my money slowly flying out...

All hail glorious Gaben!

Grottnikk

Mar 19, 2008
I swore off buying yet another mountain of games that I don't have the time to play. My pile is over 100 games now... Mind you, that tactic hasn't worked too well - The pile was only 75 games large before the LAST big sale :(

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
My wallet is ready, but my time is not. Got like three hours/day of me-time until after New Years Eeve... Gonna miss so many sales. :C
At least I can comfort myself with the fact that I doubt there's any games I want. Bought most of them already. The ones I still lack are too expensive and I doubt the sale will be that generous to newer titles.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
No Mid-Week Madness today. The Sale is definitely coming. Probably tomorrow or Thursday.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
"My wallet is still not ready, but will be....... Time for more game i'll problably never be able to play, has i have no time OR a working computer......

......yay."

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Battern down the hatches, as Kosh says:

The Steam Sale has begun!

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
I've been on Steam since it's inception and although my shame list is long enough there isn't much they have I really need to buy if the price isn't right.

Lately if I pick up one or two games during the sales it's a lot.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Aside from a few select titles there's not a lot for me to get right now. I've got such a huge backlog as it is anyway.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
*slaps hand away from Steam desktop icon*

No! I must resist. The Steam Winter Sale must be a month away, and that's when I'll do my shopping. A few interesting titles on for 50%, but I'll wait and see. I already have a moderate pile for myself as it is.