Steve Butts' Five Favorites of 2010

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Steve Butts' Five Favorites of 2010

Managing editor Steve Butts picks his five favorite games of 2010.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yeah, I was miffed at Mass Effect 2 for the same reasons as you.

Still think it's a great game, though. Just like you.

Don't know if I'll ever bother with a second playthrough, though.

But Dragon Age had everything I want in an RPG. Awakening, well, I didn't get to finish that, actually.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
The video is just one repeating 7-second advert. Is it supposed to be that?

Yet again, I am impressed with the variety of choices on these GotY lists so far. More and more, my opinion that this is an excellent year for gaming is being reinforced - even though I've only played 2 games released this year (one of which was on your list - I too loved ME2).

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
I see a looping advert, and the article talks about 4 games. I agree with the one game on the list that I played. I've no experience with the others, but heard good revues for all of them, at least.

I can has counting for Christmas?

Distazo

Feb 25, 2009
I liked the game choices, but the video doesn't seem to be working and/or even posted.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I haven't played all of those games, but those that I have I agree with and for the same reasons.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
Yeah, I have the same thing. Is it just for the Publisher's Club or something?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Jamous said:
OhJohnNo said:
Yeah, I have the same thing. Is it just for the Publisher's Club or something?
Nope, we're just getting a screen that says 'play again?'. It are broked.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Video's broken. I'll come look again when it's fixed and comment further. Kthxbai.

EDIT: Nice list, but I'm concerned for you a bit... what did Italians ever do to you?!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Finally the video works! Nice list, love the variety between the different ones. Finally ME2!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Nice list; I like most of them there games. Except Awakening is aggravating me with its bugs and glitches.

C0unterpart

Jan 18, 2010
Of all the editors choices shown so far, Steve has the best taste by far. ANY 2010 list should include N:TW and AC:B or at LEAST one of the two.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Oh don'y you worry butt's ill be back you will see you will all see! MOWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Darth Trethon

Jun 21, 2009
Wait so of all the good things that came out this year he only picked Mass Effect 2 and DAA? This is very troubling especially since John picked nothing good(pokemom? Mario best of the decade? You've GOT to be joking).....then Russ before him only picked Fallout New Vegas correctly with a whole lot of bad, horrible and ugly......Red Dead Redemption is OK but its silly zombie DLC. And don't you think it's time to stop worshiping shooter clones? Black Ops, Halo whatever and so on.....short campaigns with poor stories and repetitive multiplayer. If you play one of these you've played them all and none are worth $60 by a long shot.

Three more editors to go and so far I am amazed at the stunning amount of bad taste.