Steve Jobs resigns from Apple

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Now Apple's lawyers just need to follow suit and the company may actually become decent again.

Red Albatross

Jun 11, 2009
The guy's been living on borrowed time ever since he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. That is some nasty shit, something like a 2% five-year survival rate.

What I'm getting at is that I'm not surprised by this in the least. I may not like Apple much but Godspeed, Steve.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
He's still going to occupy the position of chairman so it's not like he's totally iQuit.
He also has pancreatic cancer so it seems as good a time as any to pass on some of the heavy responsibility.

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
Godspeed!

Apple have never been the first anywhere, never really innovated anything. But they've often been the first to be successful. Tablets, Touchscreen Smartphones, MP3 Players, PC as a fashion item, Graphical user interface and really ... the Personal Computer. And a lot of that has probably got to be credited to Steve Jobs. The man seems to have a knack for when the times is right for some niche to explode. Or just plain ol' luck.

Either way: he's one of the greatest figures of the IT industry and thus one of the greatest figures of the last 40 years.