Steve Jobs Tribute Statue Will Give You Nightmares

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
It looks like someone's trying to play a prank on future archeologists.

Although when I saw that head in the thumbnail, I was picturing something more like this:

But, like, with the head of Steve Jobs.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
otakon17 said:
It reminds me of the pillar from one of the Hellraiser movies... don't spill blood on it or it'll be the end of us all. Oh the wonders we'll see though...
Steve Jobs has such sights to show you!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I really, really hope this gets a proper 16 foot version permanently stamped on the Apple campus.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
otakon17 said:
It reminds me of the pillar from one of the Hellraiser movies... don't spill blood on it or it'll be the end of us all. Oh the wonders we'll see though...
The stuff of dreams, and of nightmares. I'm picturing the artist's thought process as being something akin to the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo opening sequence. He starts with a black monolith and randomly protrudes fleshy and techy bits into a styggian form from the 7th circle of hell. Do not stare into its eyes, never stare into its eyes.

Tradjus

Apr 25, 2011
Modern Art claims another victim.
I swear, I'll never understand the obsession with being as weird as possible, it's not shocking, it's just lame.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Are you sure this isn't a prototype for the new iTerminator? You know the ones Apple are secretly building to enforce IP laws that benefit them and stop hackintosh makers.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
sorry but what does "?140" mean?

It's not even a regular price category of Apple.

captcha : sick puppy, ... indeed

"A bizarre new statue of Steve Jobs makes the Apple co-founder look like a Dead Space Necromorph."
LOL!!!

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
I thought it was a poor picture that made the bust look weird but no, it looks ugly as sin even by modern art standards.

All we need now is a horde of fanatics desperately paying ever increasing amounts of mon... Oh.

Well, I'm off to build a Necromorph-proof bunker, who wants to join me?

Vzzdak

May 7, 2010
Looks like they froze his body in carbonite, smashed it, and then reworked it into a statue. I can understand the bit about freezing a nerd in carbonite; it's somewhat of a dream funeral. I just don't agree with smashing it into pieces, though.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Quite appropriate, since the real Steve Jobs used to give people nightmares too.

And yes, very necromatic. Break out your kill cutter please:

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
FrozenCones said:
otakon17 said:
Steve Jobs has such sights to show you!

The new iphone looks promising. And terrifying.

I kinda like the statue though, it's similar to how I want to be immortalized. Minus being penetrated by an adamantium boner, of course.

Feb 28, 2014
You should check out what that bastard did to Constantine the Great. You know, that first Christian roman emperor guy?
That oneofakind monstrosity is located in his [Const's] hometown.

http://www.blic.rs/data/images/2013-12-04/408003_nis-3-11-2013-spomenik-caru-konstantinu-gradonacelnik-hocevar-i-autor-spomenika-dragan-radenovicras-k-kamenov_ff.jpg?ver=1386152363

That's also my hometown BTW. I see that eyeball peeling thing every other day.

vagabondwillsmile

Aug 20, 2013
lacktheknack said:
Andy Chalk said:
A pair of Cyrillic letters whose meaning eludes me pokes out
As someone who actually learned Russian Cyrillic, the meaning eludes ME, too.

It's... I'm assuming it's a backwards myakhkeey znahk and an "eh" someone set on fire (ь Э).

So... E flatten-word? What does an E and a verbal cue have to do with Steve Jobs?

I'm usually one to stick up for modern art, but this is just poor. Literally the only thing on it that makes sense is the 1 and 0.
Like you, I noticed the 1 and 0 right away -- as well as the positioning of them being absurdly phallic (oh man - Andy Chalk beat me to it). You know what the other two symbols look like to me? They look like those garbage capcha encription letters. No accounting for taste and to each thier own and whatever fitting idiom there may be, but man... this is why I hate modern art.

Feb 28, 2014
The left symbol is an A, he just rotated it to the left. The other one is E.

Also, according to the apple upper management, the reason this hunk of garbage won is because they liked how it's "imperfect".

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well, finally somone decided to depict steve jobs for how he acted instead of how he looked. Too bad this goes unrecognized.