Steven Spielberg to Produce New Halo Movie Project?

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
This movie is going to be fucking awesome! Fall of Reach was the best Halo book in my opinion. It's also good because, it's true you can't make a good movie from a video game, but you can make one from a book! (Eragon nonwithstanding)

Robert632

May 11, 2009
why are they playing puppet with halo's dead body?? they should have stopped a long time ago.along the time when they decided to make a movie, cos video game movie's suck. (the book they are basing it of was based off the game,so it still count's as a video game movie adaption.)

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Stubee said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Steven Spielberg to Produce New Halo Movie Project?

Late last month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93447-No-More-Halo-for-Peter-Jackson], word broke that Peter Jackson's Halo movie project had broken down - but rumors are now flying that the film is back on track with another big-name producer: Steven Spielberg.

Spielberg, claims the report, was "blown away" by the script penned by GI Joe: Rise of Cobra writer Stuart Beattie.

(Via Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5333561/steven-spielberg-to-produce-halo-movie])

<a href='/news/view/93760-Steven-Spielberg-to-Produce-New-Halo-Movie-Project'
target='_self'>Permalink
That part makes me want to pull my own anus out through my mouth. Might as well get Uwe Boll to direct
AHHHHHHH!!!! DON'T SAY THAT!!!! IT MIGHT ACTUALLY COME TRUE!!!!

smithy1234

Dec 12, 2008
JoeKickAzz said:
doxcology said:
NO SPIELBERG! You keep your hands OFF the Halo movie NOW!!! I don't want you anywhere near this film. You too GI Joe Writer... I want a capable team making this movie so it can turn out to be one of the few good video game movies and it CAN'T do that with Spielberg.
do you even know who Spielberg is?!?!?!

he would do a great job on any movie hollywood asks him to do.
Indiana Jones 4... 'Nuff Said...

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
cantthinkofausername said:
toapat said:
Halo was a gun with one bullet
Nice metaphor.
thanks, it wasnt even intentional. my problem with Halo is that it opened and closed within the first game. the fact is that alot of the blanks about the original Halo can be assumed accurately with the exception of the flood, which is the absolute worst evil alien parasite since the Yerks in Animorphs. The flood are a poor attempt at combining aliens with zombie super virus. at least the Yerks were imaginative, having the power to temporarily bond with a host's brain, but incapable of drawing nuetrients because they are not hosts from their home world, the Flood feel forced. The Flood take the Infestation concept from the Zerg and Terinoids. not bad, but thats really only good in certain situations and when it is unmodified. then it makes it so that the host of a parasite must already be dead. that is what is stupid about the Flood, they take a tried and true concept and try to make it bond with the other thing that nerds worship which is Zombies. it doesnt work. while Inhuman monsters that could only be roughly described as bugs in mind and physiology work, they dont when you alter the formula in any way as that formula has been refined to perfection.

JoeKickAzz said:
toapat said:
no, halo's entire storyline doesnt work outside of Halo 1. i only hate Halo 2,3,wars, and the books
ahh so your one of those people who liked only halo 1....ok i get u man
Halo 1 is the only one which stays interesting for more then an hour. and then you get to the flood, which are the worst aliens ever, which are Concept A (bug like aliens with a literal hive mind that certain races of this mind can literally infect the host, take over their body, and the nmutate it)+concept b (Zombie virus)=Working Concept AB. the thing is WorkingConcept AB actually can not work because of what the concepts it is made of, one makes full sence, the other takes weeks to understand.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
You haven't actually played halo 3 then.

Go find the Forerunner Terminals.

morrie man

Oct 5, 2008
I would so want to see a halo movie it would be possibly one of the coolest movie. ( hopefully )
Only if Sgt. Johnson was played by Samuel Jackson or eddie murphy and the Master Cheif as Arnold Schwarzenegger or Vin Diesil it would be quite funny.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
it'll be pretty good, despite his recent films being nowhere near on a par with the older ones. i did love the book, we'll just wait and see.

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Bigeyez said:
Meh I still don't think a Halo movie would be any good but at least they are going with the Fall of Reach story. Thats probably the best story in the entire Halo universe. The storylines from the games wouldn't translate well to movie form imo.
Wow I was thinking the same thing. But knowing today's movie industry, all we're going to get is something that all the gamers obsessed with multiplayer will be happy with, not those who were into the storyline. They won't consider the strong (and few) storyline aspects to the Halo franchise. Either it's gonna be actiony crap or it's going to be like Halo 3 and confuse everyone if you weren't playing attention and reading the books.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
obisean said:
cleverlymadeup said:
i don't really care either way, i think Spielberg can make a good version of it. he hasn't directed any really bad movies lately, most of the ones people blame him for weren't directed by him at all

'nuff said.
I concur. I still haven't forgiven him for that trash. As far as I'm concerned, it all went downhill from there. That and Indiana Jones 4 :(

I'm up for a Halo movie, I'm a fan of the franchise, not a rabid fan but an average one, mind :) But I don't think I'd trust Spielberg with something like this. Not that it's going to be a hugely original film and I doubt it'll be an "Avatar" but with so many Halo fans it'll be important to get it right.