Still Alive Composer Penning a Ditty for Portal 2

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It would be awesome if they had more then one song, as if Glados made up some creepy lyrics to taunt you with and all the ways she could kill you.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
I am so not looking forward to this game.

This is how I'll avoid the blue balls everyone else who is deeply anticipating this game will no doubt be getting as it is unlikely if the sequel will be as good as the original. It's just damned unlikely. So, pshaw. It's just not going to be as good.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
manythings said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
8bitmaster said:
WorldCritic said:
Please no more Portal memes, I can't take another one.
But for that to happen, the game would have to be less awesome....
A fine trade-off. Anything but more stupid ass Portal memes.
Are you sure you want to put the idea of an Ass Portal out into the ether?
Rule 34 has shown me that already.
I do not envy your eyes.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
JoCo <3 Love that guy! Aside from Still Alive, you guys have to see his other stuff! He's great!

Great to see him work on a new song for P2!

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Oh good. I was hoping since they threw out cake jokes they would have JoCo write a new song too.

Logan Westbrook said:
Thankfully, there was no plane-related disaster, and Coulton landed safely a few hours later, saving not only the song, but Christmas as well, if Coulton's follow-up tweet [http://twitter.com/#!/jonathancoulton/status/25652955000610816] is to be believed.
Which we do believe it unquestioningly like true fans.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Nice to know Coultons writing another song for Portal 2, although i will not expect anything better than Still Alive until i hear it.

Also its probably going to break Valves fanbase right down the middle (again) if it is great.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Wasn't this announced, like, a week after Portal 2 was announced? You're kind of late to the news, Escapist.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Meh @ cake.

Hoopy the Hoop is where it's at.

In seriousness, awesome that JC is doing another song. Still Alive was a real surprise back then, and his style seemed to really fit the game.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
It's a sequel to a game that never needed one. I think it already achieved that.
I don't get this sentence. This isn't like a Bioshock-esque, self-contained title. Portal was, in and of itself, a prototype to test whether or not its ilk of first-person puzzling would be accepted by the general public. A sequel was always on the cards, it was all just a matter of finding of we felt the same way about Portal that Valve felt.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a needless sequel. Portal 2 is a freakin' mandatory sequel.

Reed Spacer

That guy with the thing.
Jan 11, 2011
Baneat said:
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.

/flameshield
The cake was telling the truth but was misinterpreted and taken out of context.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Oh, goody. Another song that's going to keep popping up everywhere on this site and every other gaming site. And now I have the joys of looking forward to the flamewars of two sides declaring that their song is better. and what's this? New memes not unlike the fact that a certain pastry happens to be false will now be spouted non-stop for the next few months? Oh joyus day.

(In case you can't take the hint, I HATE Portal fans. Which is a shame, because I'm looking forward to Portal 2.)

The Clinger

Dec 30, 2009
It is true that he has said that he would do 'music' for Portal 2: Electric Boogaloo, but he has only recently announced [http://www.jonathancoulton.com/2011/01/14/2011-already-too-busy/] that he started work on the song. At PAX he stated that he had not started on the song yet, as the game had not gotten to the point yet in development that he could. Apparently Valve has gotten to that point now.