"Still Alive" Kids Choir is Back With "Trololo"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
"Still Alive" Kids Choir is Back With "Trololo"

The kids who did such a great job singing "Still Alive" earlier this year (and then said "thanks for watching" with a rickroll) are back with an all-new song, this time turning their talents to the famous "Trololo" meme.

Back in March we met the Gifford Children's Choir, an elementary school choir that blew us away with internet meme [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99500-Childrens-Choir-Sings-Still-Alive] based on a Soviet pop song from the 60s.

"Trololo" doesn't appear to be an overly complicated song but a surprising amount of work went into getting it ready for the kids. "We couldn't find the print music so I contacted a guy from Russia that donated a couple dollars to our Paypal account after 'Still Alive'," choir director Jack Senzig explained. "He found the score and then translated some things into Russian for me."

The net result is a rather bizarre yet undeniably hilarious [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl_J5RsiyHQ] bit of internet-fueled Christmas caroling with violins, brass, audience participation, a "Trololobot" and masks for everyone. I have no idea what the masks are all about; I was tempted to ask but ultimately decided that some mysteries are best left unsolved.

Senzig has more plans for the kids in the coming months, including a version of "Always" by Erasure, better known as the World of Warcraft [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Y4zOUdcI] as well. "I am focusing the choir on singing memes and music for specific online communities," Senzig said. "This has been a fun ride for a guy who didn't know what a meme was eight months ago!"

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Oh God this is AWESOME.

This is gonna be in my head all day now, thanks Escapist.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
So this is basically the Internet National Choir now? I can't wait for their Christmas album. Actually if they release more songs I'm definitely editing together one of those cheesy Christmas album commercials.

EDIT: You know in like 30-40 years time someone will release an album of internet meme songs just like they do with songs from the 50s and 60s and our generation as old people will go "Eee I remember that one" and get all nostalgic to "My Dick in a Box".

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
I like how the parents are really getting into it.

Also, you knew at least one of those parents understood where this meme came from.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
That is so awesome. SO VERY AWESOME!

Calumon: That man at the end was scary. I don't want him to come to our house! >.<

Jun 7, 2010
Not as good as the still alive one but still ok.

Also those masks will haunt my nightmares for weeks now, i dont know which one is creepiest. However the kid in the V mask just wins.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
So this is basically the Internet National Choir now? I can't wait for their Christmas album. Actually if they release more songs I'm definitely editing together one of those cheesy Christmas album commercials.
Get on it good sir!
Ekit said:
What's up with those masks? Kinda creepy...
Yeah, they were creeping me out quite frankly, along with the random 4th grader. (kid with the Spider Splicer mask owns though)
Dyp100 said:

Also, you knew at least one of those parents understood where this meme came from.
The whole audience knew where this came from!

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
soren7550 said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Get on it good sir!
Ekit said:
What's up with those masks? Kinda creepy...
Yeah, they were creeping me out quite frankly, along with the random 4th grader. (kid with the Spider Splicer mask owns though)
Dyp100 said:

The whole audience knew where this came from!
Really? I wouldn't understand a bunch of parents to understand about the meme, but I'll take ya word for it.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Dyp100 said:
Really? I wouldn't understand a bunch of parents to understand about the meme, but I'll take ya word for it.
They were singing & (sort of) dancing to it. Seems to me like they got it.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
soren7550 said:
Dyp100 said:
They were singing & (sort of) dancing to it. Seems to me like they got it.
I agree they got into it, ya, but I'm not sure they were 100% behind the joke.

EITHER WAY, if I had kid it'd be proud to see them singing the trolololol song, but then again, that's me...