"Still Alive": Still a good track?

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
when an ENTIRE bus full of drunk people spontaneously break into Still Alive, I think that qualifies as epic

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
I really like the song. I've never seen anyone spamming it either and I don't listen to it non-stop so it's not likely to be ruined for me.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Well I still like it. I certainly haven't heard it being overplayed or anything. Also, the sing along Jonathan Coulton got when he played that here was insane. Just some good times were had all round. So yes. Yes it is.

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
I sometimes play it on my guitar, when my flatmate isn't here, and I can fail at singing.

That's about it.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
There are just so many useful places for lyrics from "Still Alive".

Like the announcement for Portal 2's release date: "We're out of beta, we're releasing on time...THAT WAS A JOKE, HA HA, FAT CHANCE."

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
I love the song, but a friend of mine recorded a cover for me and it's so much funnier than the annoying computer voice. :p

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
i downloaded it on rock band 2 and still play it occasionaly, it's not really a bad song but i wouldn't listen to it outside of portal or rock band ever again.

herpaderphurr

Mar 16, 2010
I haven't seen THAT many unfunny uses of Still Alive, so it's still a nice song.

...Stop making cake references, people! Fuck you! Argh!

obliviondoll

May 27, 2010
erbkaiser said:
Darkness62 said:
Is it strange that I thought of this first when I saw the title?

You're not alone. I prefer that track to Coulton's.
Ditto to both.

Still Alive is a good song.

Portal's Still Alive was fun, but has never been a good song. Doesn't mean it's not entertaining. But yes, it's been beaten to death. I'm fortunate enough to have mostly avoided that process though, so I'm fine with it.

EDIT: The cake is a lie. First to say it. :p

Hisshiss

Aug 10, 2010
I heard some info about the song, since I never played portal myself I didn't care much for it. But then I found it on left for dead 2 XD..its actually an easter egg with the jukeboxes, the song slide on the bottom right corner that never lights up, me and my friend found it once on accident then spent 3 hours on easy mode waiting for the song to come back on like 3 more times to dance to it :p.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Surprisingly I'm not sick of hearing it. I hate the hell out of cake jokes but i still listen to Still Alive occasionally.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
Once good, always good. Music never gets old, if you are sick of it then stop listening it for a while.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
It's a cute song. But I never really understood the huge fandom of it.

It's okay. But it's not exactly a classic. A classic game song, yes, but not a classic song that will be played over and over by people in years to come. It's not exactly like it's "Imagine" or anything.