Still no Date For PS4 Fallout 4 Mods, Bethesda "Working on it"

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Still no Date For PS4 Fallout 4 Mods, Bethesda "Working on it"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1333/1333042.jpg
Bethesda claims it is "working with Sony" to get mods for the PS4 version of Fallout 4 launched.

Mods for Bethesda's Fallout 4 launched for the Xbox One commented [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167573-Fallout-4-Mods-Now-Live-on-Xbox-One] on the situation, stating that the company is "working on it" but not offering any sort of release timeframe for the feature.

"We're working with Sony on Fallout 4 Mod support for PS4," he stated. "The process is still under evaluation. As soon as we learn more, we will share news."

If you read between the lines on this one, it appears that the problem and delay lies with Sony. "We continue to try and get an update so we can share something. We still haven't gotten one," said Hines in an earlier Tweet. When someone said that keeping fans in the dark was a poor idea, he replied, "I don't disagree. We have explained that to 'others' so we can get/share an update. So far it hasn't worked." Asked if those others are people at Sony, he concluded, "I'm not going to get into specifics. If I was able to have an open dialog and explain what's up, I would have long ago."

We'll have more info on this as it becomes available. We have reached out to Sony and Bethesda for comment.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/760212887310835712]

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Given how some of Bethesda's own DLC seems to be causing multiple issues by themselves, it's not surprising to see them take their time for once.

Jan 12, 2012
Passing the buck, a time-honoured tradition.

A more general question- I know the PS3's architecture was difficult to work with for some developers, which slowed down the process. Is the PS4 in the same boat?

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:

A more general question- I know the PS3's architecture was difficult to work with for some developers, which slowed down the process. Is the PS4 in the same boat?
From what I've heard, not really. There's a few differences but nowhere like the ps3.

Morti

Aug 19, 2008
Thunderous Cacophony said:

Most of the architecture is fairly standard. Except for audio encoding, which is part of the problem here, along with max mod size, i think.