Still scared of Slender?

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Hey everyone, I've just been playing Slender a lot recently, (making videos for my youtube account actually as well of them with facecam!) and I'm still terrified of it. It doesn't matter how many times I play through it, I still can't get over the damn game's fright factor.

Are you the same way? Or are you not even bothering with the game?

Edit: Enjoy me getting the crap scared out of me. Sorry I curse alot =X Link removed. Please don't link your own youtube videos to the forums. -Mod

My apologies for linking my video! Just figured it'd add a little something. Won't happen again y'all. =)

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
It is still scary to me because I have only tried it a couple of times up to now, because of lack of time, and have not succeeded in getting all eight pages yet. So the mounting excitement that I get from getting closer to the number of eight just adds to the tension.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Nope.
Problem solved, right guys?
Plus it never seemed that bad to me.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
1.The Slenderman isn't very well done. It stopped scaring me when I got a good look at it and realized it had no tentacles and was incredibly out of proportion. It just looks goofy and half-assed.

2.The fuzzy screen. Shoving the monster in my face with a fuzzy screen and loud sounds don't make it scary, the build-up does.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Nope, I'm not scared at all!

In fact, Slender-man is a great big phon-

Wait, what was that?...

I'm dead ;__;

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
I can watch videos of Slender and not get scared anymore (yes the first few videos did actually scare me). But even now, after being used to watching, I can have trouble playing it myself. It's that damn music, and I don't know where everything is, and why does that girl walk so damn slow!!!

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Then I must be a huge baby because this is me blubbering about in this game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF5gP6PtatE&feature=plcp .

Ugh. Why am I such a wimp? >_< Show me your ways, masters of the Slender!

hazabaza1 said:
Nope.
Problem solved, right guys?
Plus it never seemed that bad to me.
Amazing video.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Buretsu said:
You can't make Slender not scary any more than you can make someone sneaking up behind you and shouting "BOO!" into your ear not scary.

But just turn down the volume, play the game in a well-lit environment and you'll lessen the scare factor.
Truth. I guess jump scares will always be just that...jump scares. The game does a great job of making me incredibly tense though with the music.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Buretsu said:
You can't make Slender not scary any more than you can make someone sneaking up behind you and shouting "BOO!" into your ear not scary.

But just turn down the volume, play the game in a well-lit environment and you'll lessen the scare factor.
You need to clarify the difference between being afraid and being startled.

A balloon popping, not scary.

A deadly spider somewhere in your bed but you don't know where, scary.

One startles you, one is a threat of danger. The threat of danger makes us afraid; a sudden, unexpected noise, movement, or action startles us.

OT: The slender man was never scary, nor are ghosts.
I've not played the game and I'm too much of a hipster to play it because I heard of it, was too busy, and then 2 months later it exploded. My pride is too great.

(I will play it, but I don't really have time to kill right now, once uni is done I'll look into it.)

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Was never afraid of the game in the first place. I mean, how could I? The entire game is based around being chased by something that looks like a silly stuffed toy! The first time I saw him, I laughed my ass off. I am not kidding, he looks that silly. :p

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
After playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent I can't find any other horror games scary. It pry helps that I didn't find Amnesia: The Dark Descent scary either. It gave me a few chills now and again but I never jumped in my seat or anything like that.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Fr said:
anc[is]Slender is a pathetic gypsy pussy

Robbaz makes everything better.
I love Robbaz. GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!

Too bad I'm not like him -_-