Stolen Pixels #126: To the Bat-Shrink!

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
This looked hard to do. What was that, Sims 3 background, Half Life 2 Psychiatrist and Batman?

You know who would have made a great Psychiatrist though? Judith Mossman.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
The game has already been cracked with those issues, like every other type of DRM created. While it was clever, it would never last for long.

newbienator

Jun 26, 2009
Chipperz said:
Finally, I get a chance to use...

HAHA yes the best comic panel ever, instant classic.

To be honest game developers really need more ideas like this, I can think of plenty off the top of my head, and the publicity that pirates get isn't helping at all

Flying Dagger

Apr 14, 2009
well i found that funny. if you ask me any guy who feels the need to dress up in tights probably has a few gender issues. i want to see a superhero in a suit. and a cape. and a fedora.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
It was mostly a hit, but that last pannel was a miss. I enjoy gay jokes, but everyone knows that Robin is the gay one, not Batman. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27775/941902-batman35611hv4_super.jpg Hehehe >:D

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Batman Arkham Asylum wasnt the first to use the fuck you crooks copy protection: The Sims 2 did that so you cant build anything

taltamir

Mar 16, 2005
This is an utterly terrible idea.

1. DRM is problematic because it often fails on a legit copy (especially on older games). So those legit users are gonna end up with a game that doesn't work right.
2. The game will get a name for being buggy, having bad controls, etc. and thus nobody will buy it.
3. Many people pirate as a form of demo (especially when a demo is not available), those people will not buy it after seeing how much the game "sucks".
4. Pirates will still get around it. Take mass effect, it delayed pirates a whopping 2 weeks by doing exactly that (the map required to progress to "act 2" so to speak did not work on pirated versions).

if you want to make people buy your game instead of pirating it, guilt trip them into it. (and disassociate yourself from the abusive DRMs).

You know what this type of DRM means? it means legit customers are gonna have to overcome those issues by getting a crack
PS and the whole "crackers don't care and don't notice" angle is BS... crackers LOVE to show up each other by making "PROPER" releases that fix something another cracker missed

PPS just wait until you get the next version of windows and you can't progress past the first 10 minutes of the game on your legit disk because the DRM isn't compatible with your current OS.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
heh, I remember hearing about that and smiling a self satisified grin as I jumped and glided gracefully across the eery vista that is Arkham Asylum.
Anyone actually read the graphic novel the game is loosely based on? It's called Arkham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth.
Not for the faint-hearted or those wanting a full night's sleep afterwards.
It's very heavy on the psycho-analysis thing, but sometimes I find that it jars unmercifully with the character of Batman. It works really well if you focus on the asylum itself, rather than on the interpretation of Batman.

And I love that game more than I could ever love a woman :p