Stolen Pixels #132: Special Guest: Master Chief

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Grand_Poohbah said:
Well, that was quite an angry rant. Reported.

I would like to say I think it's hilarious that you yelled at the one guy that didn't like the comic, you might want to check your reading comprehension level.

OT: the comic was kinda funny, but also kinda generic. Shamus, I like your edgy comics way more. (Like the Champions ones xP)

saejox

Mar 4, 2009
A couple of my earlier comics on Champions Online seemed to ruffle some feathers, so I thought I'd make this nice, friendly comic which will appeal to everyone and not offend anyone at all.
Good work! I am glad you got over Champions Online.

Extra comment:
Other than Halo fans, i think you offended homosexuals with the last line.

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
Zenode said:
Lol this is just what we need for some more anti-halo threads, if i need a halo argument i could just point straight to this, hilarious as always
Quite :)

The Escapist isn't *smug*... It's just wary of fanboys. As the name implies, it's video game escapism. That's why i come here.

ALso, the last line wasn't really a gay snub as much as it was a satirical swipe at those raving kids on XBL ;p

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
Vrex360 said:
I feel sorry for the Masterchief because if that comic's any indication he has to explain all those things A LOT but I have to applaud this really. Yeah sure it is still a kind of negative but it seems to be taking a satirical spin on the whole 'is Halo good' issue. I found it quite amusing to be honest and it has pretty much every counter argument that would be needed should joobnook show up again. I don't agree with the statement about the corridors though, Halo games have always been known for giving the player a descent level of space.
apparently the highest ranking person in the series is not just an emotionless, faceless robot, but also thinks exactly like the zombies he turns people into

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
lasherman said:
WHAT??!!! STOOPID!! HALO AM THE GREETEST!!!

Seriously though, really funny
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin

Sorry I was just reminded of that

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Breen's Thoughts: "And to think I coulda interviewed Terrorist Model 02 from Counter-Strike: Source..."

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
This thread is awesome. For the angry Halo fans spewing clumsy insults my way because I hurt the feelings of your favorite videogame:

I've done over 130 of these comics, and made fun of about fifty videogames during that run. Many of those games I treated way, way worse than Halo, even though I liked them better. And I don't think any of those threads were as childishly angry as the posts we see here.

"I'm not a Halo fan but this comic sucks and you suck and I'll never read you again even though I never read you before!"

Okay then?

The point isn't whether Halo is a good game or not. The point is the number of feral ragebots you can round up just by showing Master Chief in a bad light.

Do you guys get it now? The punchline of this joke isn't Master Chief. The punchline is YOU. You delivered it for me when you came in here and acted just like the angry fanboy parody I set up in the comic itself.

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
hopeneverdies said:
Vrex360 said:
I don't agree with the statement about the corridors though, Halo games have always been known for giving the player a descent level of space.
The Library, oh God, the Library
That is the worst level ever made in gaming history. I said that eight years ago and I still say it now.

OT: That was by far the flamiest comic yet.... I loved it. Good job.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
Shamus Young said:
This thread is awesome. For the angry Halo fans spewing clumsy insults my way because I hurt the feelings of your favorite videogame:

I've done over 130 of these comics, and made fun of about fifty videogames during that run. Many of those games I treated way, way worse than Halo, even though I liked them better. And I don't think any of those threads were as childishly angry as the posts we see here.

"I'm not a Halo fan but this comic sucks and you suck and I'll never read you again even though I never read you before!"

Okay then?

The point isn't whether Halo is a good game or not. The point is the number of feral ragebots you can round up just by showing Master Chief in a bad light.

Do you guys get it now? The punchline of this joke isn't Master Chief. The punchline is YOU. You delivered it for me when you came in here and acted just like the angry fanboy parody I set up in the comic itself.
Deep man, deep. And hilarious.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Shamus Young said:
Shamus Young's attack on your ego just rolled a NATURAL TWENTY. Critical strike!

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
ZahrDalsk said:
I've never looked at Stolen Pixels before.

And I probably won't look at it again.

0/10 on the trolling, kid.
You won't be missed. In fact its a good idea you leave before you get your stupid all over the thread and muck it up.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Loved it.
I semi-agree with some of MC's points but... doesn't stop Halo from being mediocre.

Igen

Apr 28, 2009
awesome comic, and very amusing adolescent troll reactions. keep up the good work shamus.

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
well in ODST the levels werent copypasted, thankfully, but there was only like 5 anyway

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
noobman said:
Not awesome comic!

Most of us are already aware that Halo is characterized by immature fans and that it defines much of the "fanboy raving" statement... Travis has already done that, among others.
It's really the fans that ruin any game, and Halo is just the poster child for that. Portal seems to be coming in a close second.

Crystalgate

Feb 7, 2009
noobman said:
Not awesome comic!

Most of us are already aware that Halo is characterized by immature fans and that it defines much of the "fanboy raving" statement... Travis has already done that, among others.

"Oh look at how stupid these guys who keep bugging me are" is only funny if you like watching people fall over a 100 foot cliff into a pool of acidweresharks. Setting up trollbait also doesn't help make the internet into a nicer place, IMHO.
Well, the trollbait is definitely working though, that despite Shamus not being the slightest subtle about it.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Shamus Young said:

Okay then?

You are evil and I am your greatest fan. Expect a dozen roses by next week. Signed, Master Chief.