Stolen Pixels #172: Gotham's Latest Superhero

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008

Do you ever wonder if maybe Batman needs to rethink his approach to things?

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Batman should start letting people with guns help, even if he won't use them himself.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Batman should start letting people with guns help, even if he won't use them himself.
Yeah, make his life so much easier!

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Have to agree with this. They don't even need to shoot to kill, one hit to the legs would incapacitate Joker and indeed most of the villains.

Also, once again a hilarious comic.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
It would have been a short series though. Probably ending in the 40's when they ran out of living, un-kneecapped villains.

So willing suspension of reality? We need more of that I think.

Darkwolf9

Aug 19, 2008
I question his inability to kill the Joker as well. I'm a big Batman and I love the Joker, but realistically (I do realize were talking about comics) Joker should be dead. He's has killed more people than any of Batman's other villains and has killed or maimed so many people close to Batman.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Vrex360 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Have to agree with this. They don't even need to shoot to kill, one hit to the legs would incapacitate Joker and indeed most of the villains.

Also, once again a hilarious comic.
Indeed. Although in Joker's case, I think 103,242 million escapes kinda proves he needs to be shoot repeated in the head. And then a few more times to be certain.

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Good day gentlemen.I'm here to say:Welcome back "Superman at world End" flashback.Have a good day.
And now that i know why batman doesn't use guns totally explains his behavior

wtrmute

Jan 21, 2010
I'm on the camp that says Batman shouldn't kill anyway. It's an easy way out, and easy ways out have a tendency to make people not take an issue as seriously as they should. Sure, one may posit the Joker is beyond redeeming and is better off dead, but that assertion isn't valid for every bat-villain. And who gets to draw the line on which villain should be shot and which shouldn't? Riddler? Scarecrow? Two-Face? The Blob? Penguin?

Batman media keep making references to the Abyss staring back at you; this exactly that.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
You know what? Batman may be against killing people, but i think it would be good to injure Joker in some way once in a while or something. So he will, you know, have a harder time breaking out of prison. It wouldn't be as quick-n-easy for him if his hands or legs were broken.

DaveMc

Jul 29, 2008
Darkwolf9 said:
I'm a big Batman and I love the Joker, but realistically (I do realize were talking about comics) Joker should be dead.
Y'know who else should be dead? Professor X. (Yeah, wrong universe, but come with me, here.) Anyone with the ability to kill the entire human race (ref: the second X-Men movie) should not be walking around breathing. Even if he says he's a nice guy. Even if he says he only started to do it that one time, and it was an accident. I think such a person, in reality, would quickly meet with an unfortunate accident.

Darkwolf9

Aug 19, 2008
DaveMc said:
Darkwolf9 said:
I'm a big Batman and I love the Joker, but realistically (I do realize were talking about comics) Joker should be dead.
Y'know who else should be dead? Professor X. (Yeah, wrong universe, but come with me, here.) Anyone with the ability to kill the entire human race (ref: the second X-Men movie) should not be walking around breathing. Even if he says he's a nice guy. Even if he says he only started to do it that one time, and it was an accident. I think such a person, in reality, would quickly meet with an unfortunate accident.
If it makes you feel any better in the Ultimate Universe Magneto snaps his neck. I'm not sure if its ethical to kill someone because they have the potential to harm or kill the entire human race. At least with killing the Joker you know you're really making the world a better place. He's killed a lot of innocent people out of the sheer joy of killing people. He has no desire or hope for rehabilitation. Not only has he killed many people, he plans on killing more. I value life and I think killing the Joker would uphold that value more than it would go against it.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I'm sure Shamus already knows this, but to you less... nerdy fans in the crowd:

Batman actually did use guns back in 1939-40. No, not the grapple gun, I'm talking an actual gun. That shot bullets. And killed people.

Batman fucking killed people in his early years. With guns. The very same instruments that, well... you already know that part [http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2kjisMm3M9Y/SIPgYaE1aWI/AAAAAAAAETY/QHh44jZ-C9Q/s400/my+parents+are+dead.jpg].

---

DaveMc said:
Darkwolf9 said:
To further this point, why the hell is the Scarlet Witch still alive? Maybe my memory is a bit shoddy, but didn't she singlehanded murder about 99% of the entire mutant population? And they just let her go?

Or is there some kind of retcon of House of M and Decimation that I'm not aware of?

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
If real world values applied, Gotham would have become a "Death Penalty" city after the second or third costumed nut wiped out a busload of nuns. Joker would be a needle jockey by now, Batman or no.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I've always wondered about the morality of letting all the crooks live, on one hand we keep getting more comics with recuring villians, on the other hand a bunch of made up people get killed in aweful ways...

I'll side with the comics on this one, never kill off a good villian.

Amarok

Dec 13, 2008
Batman carried a gun during his first few appearences back in "Detective Comics".

/nerd.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Shamus Young said:

Do you ever wonder if maybe Batman needs to rethink his approach to things?

Read Full Article
Actually in the very first comics of Batman he DID carry around a gun, thats when in the 60s and what not it got all silly

Apr 28, 2008
Amarok said:
Batman carried a gun during his first few appearences back in "Detective Comics".

/nerd.
NNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRD!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, I'm suprised one of the normal people hasn't shot him yet. All they seem to do is aim at him and try to talk to him.

If talking the first 20 times didn't freaking work, and he killed people afterwords, I think its time to get the Joker aquainted with good ol' fasion bullets.