Stolen Pixels #173: Riddled

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #173: Riddled

The Riddler's plans are more nefarious than they first appear.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Did you just get around to playing that game?

Anywho: I definitely felt the Riddler was out of place. HOW DID HE GET THE SPRAYPAINT IN UNDERGROUND CATACOMBS?!

The riddles were fun, though. Minus the "?" hunting ones.

Dec 14, 2009
I can imagine the Riddler just walking around Arkham, placing various puzzles for Batman.

Henchman: Hey Riddler, whatcha you doin'?
Riddler: Planting devious puzzles for Batman to wrack his brain over.
Henchman: Will that kill him?
Riddler: What? No! I mean yes! It will destroy his spirit!
Henchman: Yeah, but will that kill him?
Riddler: This conversation is over.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
The weird thing is, I can totally see the Batman as an Achievement Whore. It would just make so much sense...

Mar 16, 2009
Achievements aside, I actually had fun with the Riddler. There were a few that I essentially had but you had to view it at the perfect angle so I was just content knowing I solved it rather than actually getting the check, but it was a very fun part of Arkham Asylum.

Benjeezy

Dec 3, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Anywho: I definitely felt the Riddler was out of place. HOW DID HE GET THE SPRAYPAINT IN UNDERGROUND CATACOMBS?!
Magic. That is the only explanation.

He used Riddlermagic.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Strangely enough, I thought the Riddler's riddles were kinda misplaced and didn't really fit. They all revolved around Batman villans so if you knew your comic book history it was pretty easy and you'd wonder why he would leave an answer sheet lying all over the place.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
maddawg IAJI said:
Strangely enough, I thought the Riddler's riddles were kinda misplaced and didn't really fit. They all revolved around Batman villans so if you knew your comic book history it was pretty easy and you'd wonder why he would leave an answer sheet lying all over the place.
To call you out on being inferior to his wit, He does it after the 1st one you find and continues to call you out as a cheater the closer you get to 100% Plus didn't he say he set up bombs or something too?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
And I was hoping Scarecrow would show up to make things fun again...ah well. Seeing how Riddler's a good baddie, I'll let it slide.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Apart from the glowing question marks where you have to line up the dot perfectly, most of them are quite easy/uncomplicated if you already know a little bit about Batman (or quite a lot, maybe?). What annoyed me, though, was the last 2 sets of teeth in Arkham Manor. I completed the game without them. I think they may have been the only thing I had to go back for afterwards...

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
It did seem somewhat out of place, Batman who is all gloomy broody when talking to villains goes hunting after little green question marks 30 seconds later. But, we forgive those we love. :D