Stolen Pixels #173: Riddled

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
I liked the inclusion of the Riddler. Added some context and allowed the Batman to rest in between beating up stuff and having the bones mend.

Also, Batman has to give time to all the beaten up goons to heal up as well, so they can go to the next place to be beaten up.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
The Riddler sidequests were what drove the final nail into the coffin as far as Arkham Asylum goes. I'm not a big fan of Batman and I didn't like the game all that much, but all the collectables just annoyed me to hell. If I ignored them, I felt like I was missing out, but if I went looking for them, I'd spend too much time in detective vision staring at walls. Basically, they made the game FAR less fun, and I didn't find it much fun to begin with...

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
I love sidequests that consist of nothing but looking for and collecting things. It appeals to my self-destrucive and obsessive-compulsive side.

Although looking for the teeth did irritate me. They don't show up on the map, damnit!

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
I thought the payoff for collecting them all was fantastic. I had a big grin plastered all over my face when I got the final one, and the transmission kicked in.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Cosplay Horatio said:
This was the same reason why I took too long beating Fable 2.
Same here. Some of those keys were excruciatingly difficult to get and it took me half an hour to tag the gargoyle behind the carriage. Stupid completionist achievement!

DomesticParasite

Feb 25, 2010
...If the bomb did go off, that would make the next game much more exciting, entire city insane... All it needs is spider-man .. and iron man and a skeleton with a guitar axe weapon.. yeahh best game ever, yeahhhh.

lodo_bear

Nov 15, 2009
DomesticParasite said:
...If the bomb did go off, that would make the next game much more exciting, entire city insane... All it needs is spider-man .. and iron man and a skeleton with a guitar axe weapon.. yeahh best game ever, yeahhhh.
Did someone call for Spider-Man [http://engrishfunny.com/2008/10/31/engrish-batman-begins/]?

DomesticParasite

Feb 25, 2010
lodo_bear said:
DomesticParasite said:
Did someone call for Spider-Man [http://engrishfunny.com/2008/10/31/engrish-batman-begins/]?
"With this mask Spiderman stroke all criminal"
hahahahahaha Brilliant.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Its so true, I'm working on getting the last twenty riddle things done and I'll be completely done that, damn my achievement whoring ways

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
AvsJoe said:
Cosplay Horatio said:
Same here. Some of those keys were excruciatingly difficult to get and it took me half an hour to tag the gargoyle behind the carriage. Stupid completionist achievement!
Plus the fucking demon doors being little bitches! GRRRRR! Especially that demon door that wants your pet to amuse him. I soon said "FUCK YOU! I did everything my pet could do, and your still not amused???"

In fact, fuck Fable 2 all together.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
BloodyThoughts said:
AvsJoe said:
Cosplay Horatio said:
Plus the fucking demon doors being little bitches! GRRRRR! Especially that demon door that wants your pet to amuse him. I soon said "FUCK YOU! I did everything my pet could do, and your still not amused???"

In fact, fuck Fable 2 all together.
Really? That door was one of the ones I liked. The one that pissed me off the most was the one who made you look ridiculous what with the mutton chops and all. It may have been a glorified fetch quest but I hated changing my appearance for stupid reasons (like the goth achievement).

BillBarilko

May 6, 2008
Shamus, the comic is great, but what really makes this Stolen Pixels win for me is your description of a typical Joker scheme. Very inspired, albeit disturbing, stuff!

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Lucane said:
maddawg IAJI said:
Strangely enough, I thought the Riddler's riddles were kinda misplaced and didn't really fit. They all revolved around Batman villans so if you knew your comic book history it was pretty easy and you'd wonder why he would leave an answer sheet lying all over the place.
To call you out on being inferior to his wit, He does it after the 1st one you find and continues to call you out as a cheater the closer you get to 100% Plus didn't he say he set up bombs or something too?
I remember him saying there were bombs that he set up all over city, and if Batman fails he blows up city.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I still need to find stuff in the fucking elevator shaft in Intensive Treatment... and I'm too proud to look up walkthroughs... especially as I find these tend to be kinda shite.

That said, I liked the Riddler's challenges (mostly). There was one I was going insane with trying to fine- it's in the first No Grapples For You sewer, and then I randomly got turned around, climbed an unnecessary wall... and there was the fucking green dot I'd been hunting for hours of gameplay.
After I finished say "For Fuck Sake!" rather loudly... well, it felt like I'd actually achieved something. Plus, I don't know if you noticed, but you get a decent amount of XP for the Riddler's challenges.

I also really appreciated the comic references, even when it referred to villains I wouldn't have been very familiar with. I hate to admit that it took me a while to figure out who "Tommy Eliot is on the surgical team" was referring to as Hush took place during my hiatus from comics.

Damn fine game though. Playing it again now!

Wolfiesden

Mar 18, 2010
I just read this one. Freakin brilliant! "Will I get an achievment for that?". Classic.